Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:29:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimsby's a shit hole  (Read 2266 times)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
Grimsby's a shit hole
« on February 18, 2024, 07:59:19 pm by StocktonRover »
I know this gets chanted at virtually every ground by the away fans, but I don't think I've ever seen a place with so much dog shit on the paths as I witnessed yesterday.
Hard to avoid it when there's crowds about and so much of the stuff.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Grimsby's a shit hole
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2024, 08:25:48 pm by drfchound »
Yes, there was a lot wasn’t there.
Lazy owners.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2024, 09:05:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Now't worse than treading in dog shite. It might be the scourge of Grimsby, but you even get it in posh areas of Donny, like Bentley.

Our next-door neighbour's dog crapped in our garden the other day, so our lass told me to get a shovel and throw it over the fence…

Trouble is now, we’ve got dog shite in our garden and the neighbours got our bloody shovel.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2024, 11:07:17 pm by GazLaz »
It’s a bad place isn’t it. The away end is great though!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2024, 06:54:37 am by Donnywolf »
People still pine for OBV ( and they have a right to that opinion - See Check in ) but Grimsby Blundell Park is the epitome of an old Ground and why I was glad to move away from OBV

Old type old Stadium with Bogs that are totally unsuitable for the present day

2 urinals "standing" 8 or 10 people at most , which meant a queue which restricted movement around and to the Tea Bars ( which looked ok tbf ). After a P there was one tiny sink in a corner with a press tap which had to be held down by one hand to get water on your other. And it was Cold water only.

As for me , it is way past its best and you can see and feel and tell why they have been trying to get a new Stadium for years

I for one hope they get it soon

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 19, 2024, 08:08:47 am by drfchound »
People still pine for OBV ( and they have a right to that opinion - See Check in ) but Grimsby Blundell Park is the epitome of an old Ground and why I was glad to move away from OBV

Old type old Stadium with Bogs that are totally unsuitable for the present day

2 urinals "standing" 8 or 10 people at most , which meant a queue which restricted movement around and to the Tea Bars ( which looked ok tbf ). After a P there was one tiny sink in a corner with a press tap which had to be held down by one hand to get water on your other. And it was Cold water only.

As for me , it is way past its best and you can see and feel and tell why they have been trying to get a new Stadium for years

I for one hope they get it soon

We think alike on some things Wolfie because we were likening BP with OBV. 
BP is so antiquated.
The seat numbers on our tickets were at the very highest row and from a standing position you couldn’t see beyond halfway so with the tendency for fans to stand up at away games I’m glad we were able to move further down.
I just hope that if they do get a new stadium it is within easy walking of Ernie Beckets.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 19, 2024, 09:02:38 am by Reg of the Rovers »
The back row was a plank of wood to sit on!

It's sad to see areas like Grimsby so run down, I remember feeling similar whenever we went away to Hartlepool - like the ghost of a town that used to thrive.

I'll always remember BV with a fondness, it's like your first house when you're young - a bit rough round the edges and you'll move to something nicer, but you'll always remember the good times you had in the old place.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 19, 2024, 09:08:17 am by turnbull for england »
As Thornensians we nip to Cleethorpes a fair bit as aside from the noise of the worst road surface known to man, it's ideal for quick nip to walk dog and chips by the sea.Notts flyer does a cracking fish and chips with a pint btw. We always wonder though what anyone new to location must think if they book a week there when they pass the lights as you come into Grimsby. It's a sad old sight and you wonder how it can ever get better

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 19, 2024, 09:28:44 am by Donnywolf »
True , when my Jet was alive I used "The Notts" for food and good beer as well as Little Signal Box as well of course

That road is terrible but at least as more of it wears out it is being replaced by Tarmac. Always "heaven" when the car reaches the M180 coming home

Agree it's a terrible view on the way in and Freeman Street to Town Centre road is bleak

Grimsby fans were talking on way out of Ground ( the ones hat stayed of course ) and scouring results as they fear they are going down. If so we will avoid another trip there and hopefully New Ground may be on the way but sorry drfchound , the 2 proposed SItes I have seen are "out of town" so Ernie Becketts a non starter

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 19, 2024, 10:23:06 am by colincramb »
Bloody hell, people are going on like Doncaster is a metropolis of heaven. Have people walked around waterdale, or the area near the market recently?

There ain’t much difference!

As for the ground. Yes it’s run down and the views are questionable, but it’s got character at least. Plus there’s better atmosphere there then at any time we’ve had at the EPS

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 19, 2024, 12:03:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Cleethorpes is okay. Ground is fine. Much prefer their away end to most of this league and all the grounds built like ours half a mile from the pitch. Proper ground.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 19, 2024, 12:07:37 pm by pib »
It's a proper ground, love it as an away fan. That might be skewed by winning 5-1 twice and 3-1 there in recent years though.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 19, 2024, 12:11:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
It's a proper ground, love it as an away fan. That might be skewed by winning 5-1 twice and 3-1 there in recent years though.
ah someone spotted the 5-1 x2  :thumbsup:

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2024, 12:22:25 pm by moses »
I thought the bar in the away end was really good. They were getting those pints out like nobodies business. One lady in charge scanning people coming in asking for orders and telling the staff to pour the pints in advance . Very good.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2024, 12:44:17 pm by drfchound »
The back row was a plank of wood to sit on!

It's sad to see areas like Grimsby so run down, I remember feeling similar whenever we went away to Hartlepool - like the ghost of a town that used to thrive.

I'll always remember BV with a fondness, it's like your first house when you're young - a bit rough round the edges and you'll move to something nicer, but you'll always remember the good times you had in the old place.

Reg, I was ignoring the plank of wood as I thought that was the executive seating area for away fans.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2024, 02:32:33 pm by GazLaz »
Much better away day than Harrogate for example.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2024, 03:22:59 pm by Scooter »
Much better away day than Harrogate for example.

100%

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2024, 03:32:42 pm by andy didcott »
They could at least do something with those bogs, beyond terrible.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2024, 04:49:03 pm by graingrover »
In the fifties I would visit the docks as my Dad often collected a load of timber there on his articulated lorry . The place was seething with activity and trawlers galore. I wonder what are the comparative sizes of the U.K. fishing fleet over the  period. After Brexit, we have bigger quotas but have lost the biggest market in which to sell our catches and no doubt we have a much smaller fleet .Grimsby has lost all it’s economic and social drive another example of the lack of long term planning in the North .
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6151c215e90e077a37f72184/UK_Sea_Fisheries_Statistics_2020_-_AC_checked.pdf
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 04:56:54 pm by graingrover »

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 20, 2024, 07:59:11 am by Upton Rover »
I know this gets chanted at virtually every ground by the away fans, but I don't think I've ever seen a place with so much dog shit on the paths as I witnessed yesterday.
Have you been to Stockton lately?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2024, 08:19:55 am by StocktonRover »
No - have you?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2024, 08:51:14 pm by Upton Rover »
No - have you?
Yes, went to Fishburn WMC with daughters band, enough said, Cleethorpe a lot nicer

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 20, 2024, 10:53:20 pm by StocktonRover »
No - have you?
Yes, went to Fishburn WMC with daughters band, enough said, Cleethorpe a lot nicer
Haha, Fishburn is about 13 miles away from Stockton but that’s not the point, however, was there as much dog shit on the paths of Fishburn (or anywhere else you’ve visited recently) as there were on the paths around the ground on Saturday?
It doesn’t really need an answer as my initial post was an observation about just that linked to a chant.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012