Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:57:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hillary Benn  (Read 8474 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Hillary Benn
« Reply #30 on December 05, 2015, 10:18:05 pm by RobTheRover »
Back more  on-topic, reports of someone having their throat slashed at Leytonstone station tonight, with the perpetrator allegedly shouting "This is for Syria".

Bad news.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 06, 2015, 08:11:15 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Agree with all that bob, but what should the short term plan be if we don't bomb

"We must do SOMETHING. Bombing is something. Therefore we must bomb."

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 06, 2015, 08:24:33 am by Filo »
Agree with all that bob, but what should the short term plan be if we don't bomb

So what should we do Glynn?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 06, 2015, 01:03:40 pm by BobG »
My short term plan? I haven't given it the thought that it deserves, but I'd do my level best to frighten to death the top lads in ISIS. It might not work, but I'd make sure they knew that they'd be targetted, that their friends, family, cousins, sons, mistresses and pet dogs would all be taken out, one by one, if they don't behave better starting right now. That, of course, would make them laugh out loud. But once a few dozen folk had disappeared, there's at least a chance they'd start to think a bit harder.

Now, while that was going on, I'd put every last ounce of effort I possess into attempting to build a consensus about a long term, strategic approach to changing the Middle East. That's what the bloody Yanks should have been doing this last 20 years at least. They've always liked to think of themselves as the world's policeman after all.

Something like this needs immense thought by seriously bright and seriously experienced people. And even then it might not work. But, and for me it's the crucial point, it would at least be an attempt to do something different. Like I keep on saying, 'when something isn't working, doing more of the same won't solve the problem'. Why can't our politicians see that? Hillary Benn, for all his Churchillian grandiloquence, is no more than a parrot.

Cheers

BobG
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:05:42 pm by BobG »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 06, 2015, 01:29:36 pm by Filo »
How do you get to these top lads Bob?

My plan would involve ground troops, theres enough contries now involved to get their heads together and launch a major ground attack supported from the air, come at them from all angles, gradually get them cornered and get them that way

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 06, 2015, 01:33:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Dropping bombs in Syria isn't going to stop all the fanatics dotted all over Europe from committing atrocities, in fact it's going to make them more likely. They are the immediate danger to this country, not killing civilians in Syria and hoping to take some ISIS with them. The best way to contain the fanatics (apart from identifying and detaining them) is to try and take away their infrastructure, especially their funding and communication - most of which is apparently nowhere near Syria.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 06, 2015, 01:42:43 pm by Filo »

Dropping bombs in Syria isn't going to stop all the fanatics dotted all over Europe from committing atrocities, in fact it's going to make them more likely. They are the immediate danger to this country, not killing civilians in Syria and hoping to take some ISIS with them. The best way to contain the fanatics (apart from identifying and detaining them) is to try and take away their infrastructure, especially their funding and communication - most of which is apparently nowhere near Syria.

So taking out oil installations in Syria is not the answer or part of then?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 06, 2015, 01:54:53 pm by BobG »
The same way, Filo, that every other state sponsored execution is done. Intelligence, stealth and training.

BobG

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 06, 2015, 02:51:32 pm by ian1980 »
Back more  on-topic, reports of someone having their throat slashed at Leytonstone station tonight, with the perpetrator allegedly shouting "This is for Syria".

Bad news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35021094

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 06, 2015, 04:09:40 pm by glosterred »

Bad news.

Well it was always going to happen at sometime or other.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 06, 2015, 04:10:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So taking out oil installations in Syria is not the answer or part of then?

Where do you think ISIS got enough money to fund the military capture of oil installations in the first place? The same place the other fanatics get their funding. Syria's part of the problem but it's not the root cause, it's an offshoot.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 06, 2015, 04:12:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bad news.

Plenty of mentally ill people about, that's what it sounds like to me.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 06, 2015, 04:24:39 pm by glosterred »

Bad news.

Plenty of mentally ill people about, that's what it sounds like to me.

Or someone who is not mentally ill but supports IS.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 06, 2015, 05:01:41 pm by wilts rover »
I see the Muslim community, and everyone else, has totally disowned the guy

#youaintnomuslimbruv

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35020427

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 06, 2015, 06:02:22 pm by RedJ »
But why aren't Muslims coming out against the extremists? :silly:

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 06, 2015, 07:18:58 pm by jonrover »
Do you think they should? Why? Did Christians come out against Christian extremists, like Anders Breivik or Buddhists coming out against Buddhist extremists, like the Monks in Burma who have persecuted Muslims for decades, or Jews come out against Jewish extremists like the Zionists who are illegally occupying swathes of the West Bank and Gaza and have done for decades. Why should Muslims have to disassociate themselves from a comparative few idiots who have their own warped agenda far removed from the true teachings of Islam, and not every other religion who also have their share of extremists.       

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 06, 2015, 08:13:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Do you think they should? Why? Did Christians come out against Christian extremists, like Anders Breivik or Buddhists coming out against Buddhist extremists, like the Monks in Burma who have persecuted Muslims for decades, or Jews come out against Jewish extremists like the Zionists who are illegally occupying swathes of the West Bank and Gaza and have done for decades. Why should Muslims have to disassociate themselves from a comparative few idiots who have their own warped agenda far removed from the true teachings of Islam, and not every other religion who also have their share of extremists.       

Because Muslims are the far right's new bogeymen, that's why.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 06, 2015, 09:37:25 pm by RedJ »
For the record, I was taking the piss (hence the face, the code for which is : silly:).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012