Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:50:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What do British voters think Sunak's Tory Party stands for?  (Read 692 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Looks like the voters have got the measure of the posh Tory boys on here:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: What do British voters think Sunak's Tory Party stands for?
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2024, 06:23:24 pm by Ldr »
Greed and corruption

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2024, 06:30:47 pm by wilts rover »
Greed and corruption

Good to see you posting Ldr. Hope all is going well.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2024, 06:46:48 pm by Ldr »
Greed and corruption

all good mate, this time next week should all be done, (be nice if that meant the government too)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2024, 07:02:20 pm by wilts rover »
Greed and corruption

all good mate, this time next week should all be done, (be nice if that meant the government too)

Great news. My next door neighbour has told me she has now been given the all clear after her op. It would be good to make it 2 out of 2.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2024, 07:03:58 pm by Ldr »
Greed and corruption

Great news. My next door neighbour has told me she has now been given the all clear after her op. It would be good to make it 2 out of 2.
can’t get rid of me mate :)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2024, 09:38:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Looks like the voters have got the measure of the posh Tory boys on here:

Bless. Someone went for "Trying their best".

To do what? Make themselves unelectable for 25 years?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2024, 10:07:10 pm by Donnywolf »
It won't happen unless we get PR

Was it when Major got ousted in 1997 the pundits of the day said they were old , grey , useless men who would be finished "forever"

However ( as opposed to forever ) the Electorate have short memories and oldies die , newbies replace them and maybe one maybe 2 terms later the Govt ( I'm presuming Labour this next GE ) has riled , bored , antagonized and lost touch with the Electorate lots of whom can't remember the last Govt however sad bad incompetent they may have been , and as with Blair's Govt of 97 which promised " things can only get better" they did for a while

Then the Electorate got fed up , didn't like the Iraq War and thought " things can only get better" if we try the other lot

And it will not change unless .... we GET PR

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2024, 10:14:08 pm by SydneyRover »

Was it when Major got ousted in 1997 the pundits of the day said they were old , grey , useless men who would be finished "forever"

However ( as opposed to forever ) the Electorate have short memories and oldies die , newbies replace them and maybe one maybe 2 terms later the Govt ( I'm presuming Labour this next GE ) has riled , bored , antagonized and lost touch with the Electorate lots of whom can't remember the last Govt however sad bad incompetent they may have been , and as with Blair's Govt of 97 which promised " things can only get better" they did for a while

Then the Electorate got fed up , didn't like the Iraq War and thought " things can only get better" if we try the other lot

Agree with most of that wolfie, what do you see as a realistic path to get there?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2024, 10:48:38 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Coincidentally wolf me & Mrs C have just watched (for the second time) the film ‘Official Secrets’ which tells the true story of Katharine Gun an employee at GCHQ who leaked documents in an attempt to stop the illegal invasion of Iraq in 2003.

When Blair was elected in 1997 I would have walked through a brick wall for him & his government after years of Tory rule.

Whenever I see or hear of him speaking now I feel like throwing him through one!

I won’t spoil the story line of the film for those that don’t remember it but it is well worth a watch if only to remind ourselves of the social climate of that time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2024, 08:06:55 am by Donnywolf »

Agree with most of that wolfie, what do you see as a realistic path to get there?

I don't know tbh being no expert. My only plan personally is not to dabble on this Board because I have said many times I know nobody will change my opinion of the current Government and I would be entirely surprised if a single person in the Country has been changed by anything (politically speaking) that I have written

That said the only way I can see PR being taken up is when the people's will IS followed. The call for PR grows and grows and there are dedicated Sites and Polls to show this lots of them

Last time we "tried" was after Cameron went into a Government that was a Coalition with Lib Dems who of course had a list of demands one of which was a Vote to Vote on PR

I believe Cameron subsequently offered AV described as some as a watered down version of PR but I'm no expert so will stop there

And really that is what I was hoping for this upcoming GE. Labour biggest Party but needing to form. Govt with Lib Dems. LD then again bring a wish list to the table and one is PR

This time we get the Vote and hopefully get PR which should massively reduce extremism from any Party or person though we may have to vote in more GEs

Unfortunately the Polls suggest a large win for Labour which will scupper my hopes for the above scenario and Labour will want their "turn" at being the big cheeses

Incidentally that may be a GE where the majority of the Electorate actually ( and it's rare ) get what they want rather as is traditional the Majority don't get what they want , as the last GE where a minority of 43 % produced a huge Majority of 80ish. So 53% actually wanted other Parties

My other hope and suggestion is partly contained in my post above somewhere. No Party usually remains as the UK Govt forever and perhaps (if) or when Labour take up the reins , history tells them and us they are already on the way out and perhaps when the writing is on the wall , and with huge swathes of their supporters calling for PR they might see sense and realise they and the Country would benefit and "go for it"

I hope so as I am sure we would be better off NOT being in a Club of two with Belarus but that is the limit of my expertise ( though some would say what expertise )

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2024, 03:40:02 pm by selby »
  What do people think to Labour prostituting themselves to save the Islamic vote?  It is a big question and will become more important as the election get's closer and a subject all the opposition parties will jump on, especially the longer the Palestine war goes on, and if it stops, the bigger question of Palestinian refugees which the left will portray as humanitarian and want Britain to be at the front of the queue you watch, never mind the small boats.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2024, 04:31:44 pm by wilts rover »
  What do people think to Labour prostituting themselves to save the Islamic vote?  It is a big question and will become more important as the election get's closer and a subject all the opposition parties will jump on, especially the longer the Palestine war goes on, and if it stops, the bigger question of Palestinian refugees which the left will portray as humanitarian and want Britain to be at the front of the queue you watch, never mind the small boats.

I think it hilarious that Labour have moved right and abandoned the left wing vote to attract the Daily Mail readers - and the people most angry about this are the Daily Mail readers!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2024, 04:35:49 pm by drfchound »
It is also quite funny that the Labour leadership are choosing to move right and become more like the right wing Tory government that they supposedly despise.
Even more funny is that their supporters are backing that move.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 23, 2024, 10:21:16 pm by SydneyRover »

I think it hilarious that Labour have moved right and abandoned the left wing vote to attract the Daily Mail readers - and the people most angry about this are the Daily Mail readers!

I think it's amusing that those that repeatedly say they are not interested in politics, who wins and election or in fact off topic are the first to rise almost every time. But there you go, aye.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2024, 10:51:42 pm by SydneyRover »

I don't know tbh being no expert. My only plan personally is not to dabble on this Board because I have said many times I know nobody will change my opinion of the current Government and I would be entirely surprised if a single person in the Country has been changed by anything (politically speaking) that I have written

That said the only way I can see PR being taken up is when the people's will IS followed. The call for PR grows and grows and there are dedicated Sites and Polls to show this lots of them

Last time we "tried" was after Cameron went into a Government that was a Coalition with Lib Dems who of course had a list of demands one of which was a Vote to Vote on PR

I believe Cameron subsequently offered AV described as some as a watered down version of PR but I'm no expert so will stop there

And really that is what I was hoping for this upcoming GE. Labour biggest Party but needing to form. Govt with Lib Dems. LD then again bring a wish list to the table and one is PR

This time we get the Vote and hopefully get PR which should massively reduce extremism from any Party or person though we may have to vote in more GEs

Unfortunately the Polls suggest a large win for Labour which will scupper my hopes for the above scenario and Labour will want their "turn" at being the big cheeses

Incidentally that may be a GE where the majority of the Electorate actually ( and it's rare ) get what they want rather as is traditional the Majority don't get what they want , as the last GE where a minority of 43 % produced a huge Majority of 80ish. So 53% actually wanted other Parties

My other hope and suggestion is partly contained in my post above somewhere. No Party usually remains as the UK Govt forever and perhaps (if) or when Labour take up the reins , history tells them and us they are already on the way out and perhaps when the writing is on the wall , and with huge swathes of their supporters calling for PR they might see sense and realise they and the Country would benefit and "go for it"

I hope so as I am sure we would be better off NOT being in a Club of two with Belarus but that is the limit of my expertise ( though some would say what expertise )

Thanks wolfie, I can see why the labour hierarchy are still a bit nervous even though the polls are impressive, and the tories deserve a good tonking which will hopefully force them back to a far less radical position.

Labour may respond to the will of the people, aided by more centre and centre left joining the party to help make it happen.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 23, 2024, 11:18:36 pm by selby »
Your not clever enough to realise that most of us have been interested in politics in the past Syd, not as pedantic as you and Billy etc, etc, and don't have the narrow one party ideal that you have and dismiss every other point of view, and don't look down on others, and are fed up of the constant jousting of both the two main parties to the detriment of the of the populace and the standing of the country as a whole on the world stage.
  You don't even realise that some have been playing you up for years on here.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 23, 2024, 11:22:55 pm by SydneyRover »
Your not clever enough to realise that most of us have been interested in politics in the past Syd, not as pedantic as you and Billy etc, etc, and don't have the narrow one party ideal that you have and dismiss every other point of view, and don't look down on others, and are fed up of the constant jousting of both the two main parties to the detriment of the of the populace and the standing of the country as a whole on the world stage.
  You don't even realise that some have been playing you up for years on here.

''What fantastic generations we had, we could fire missiles without them falling in the sea, build power stations, win world cups and test matches, have teams full of British players win the European Cup, build our own trains, had the greatest music and fashion industry's had a great air force army and navy, the NHS worked and we trained our own doctors and nurses, we went pea and potato picking on the back of a lorry after school, built our own cars and motor cycles  and look how down hill you lot have taken us ever since.
  Are you proud of where you lot have taken us, because we can't believe it, especially the bit where you don't know the difference between a man and a woman, guess we will have to bring youth clubs back to teach that''

yep, I see what you mean selby

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 24, 2024, 09:46:21 am by DRFC_AjA »
They stand for lies, hypocrisy and just childish name-calling. Find a poltician or party that doesn't fit that description and I'll give you thr'pence and a lump of coal

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 24, 2024, 11:03:45 am by selby »
  Quoting that like you have just backs Steve up and fish in the pond, you really don't see the p**s  take gobble gobble, I bet you are great as a guest at a party, there again I suppose you don't have friends and invites if your anything like your persona on here.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 24, 2024, 11:05:13 am by drfchound »
They stand for lies, hypocrisy and just childish name-calling. Find a poltician or party that doesn't fit that description and I'll give you thr'pence and a lump of coal

I don’t think you will be giving much coal or money away mate.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 24, 2024, 11:59:55 am by SydneyRover »
  Quoting that like you have just backs Steve up and fish in the pond, you really don't see the p**s  take gobble gobble, I bet you are great as a guest at a party, there again I suppose you don't have friends and invites if your anything like your persona on here.

selby look again where you posted it first, everyone took as your usual railing against the world (except for a couple of off thread posts and Steve) and this is standard fare for you post something stupid and then claim you were fishing, maybe grow a bit.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2024, 08:01:15 am by roverstillidie91 »
Fraud and theft

TinyPortal © 2005-2012