Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:54:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds  (Read 4107 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Leeds
« on December 18, 2010, 07:25:02 pm by RedJ »
I've only been back in the area for a few years, and only back in the footballing bubble for the same, but why have Leeds got to be such arrogant arseholes?

And why do they think they're f**kin champions of Europe just because they're in second before the Christmas period?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

george-friend

• Forum Member
Re:Leeds
« Reply #1 on December 18, 2010, 07:26:47 pm by george-friend »
RedJ wrote:
I've only been back in the area for a few years, and only back in the footballing bubble for the same, but why have Leeds got to be such arrogant arseholes?

And why do they think they're fcukin champions of Europe just because they're in second before the Christmas period?

WHO CARES ???    :angry:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 18, 2010, 07:29:14 pm by RedJ »
george-friend wrote:
RedJ wrote:

And why do they think they're fcukin champions of Europe just because they're in second before the Christmas period?

WHO CARES ???    :angry:

:laugh:

just wondering  :blush:  :laugh:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 18, 2010, 07:31:44 pm by idler »
Why not have a seperate categorie just for Leeds related threads, that way those that always wonder why so much time is wasted talking about Leeds can just ignore it.
I live in Bradford and work in Leeds without any problems. I have friends and relatives who support Leeds but when I come on here it is to read threads about my team.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 18, 2010, 07:31:55 pm by leedshayter »
fcuk em! :woot:  :woot:  we all hate leeds scum :woot:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 18, 2010, 07:34:45 pm by RedJ »
idler wrote:
Why not have a seperate categorie just for Leeds related threads, that way those that always wonder why so much time is wasted talking about Leeds can just ignore it.
I live in Bradford and work in Leeds without any problems. I have friends and relatives who support Leeds but when I come on here it is to read threads about my team.

Well just another category to talk about other teams in general, really. I'm not the only one, people go on about Derby, Forest, Brum etc on here.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 18, 2010, 07:38:54 pm by RedJ »
I wouldn't be so bothered about them being where they are if the fans weren't such Kitsons about it.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 18, 2010, 07:53:21 pm by george-friend »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Fair play to them. They are in second place on merit and I'd much rather see a Yorkshire team in the Premier League as opposed to one from Wales.

I hope they stay in 2nd place for the rest of the season at the expense of both Cardiff and Swansea.

Well said rigo.
If they worry about leeds that much then why dont go sign upto leedsmad or waccoe,maybe they will fit in better there.   :dry:
So are you a Rovers fan or a Leeds fan red J ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 18, 2010, 07:58:39 pm by RedJ »
Donny. Was just wondering how they'd gotten so cocky since from when I remember them.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 18, 2010, 08:02:10 pm by Akinfenwa »
I can't help but really dislike Leeds. I appreciate games against Barnsley, Scunny and co and respect them in a strange way. The same can't be said about Leeds. I hope they get relegated a million times and we never have to cross paths with them again. Suppose I'm a Leeds fan though now as I talked about them.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 18, 2010, 08:57:14 pm by RedJ »
I suppose it's the same with how Chelsea were under Mourinho. You need a team everyone loves to hate.

donnywhitegaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 18, 2010, 10:10:56 pm by donnywhitegaz »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Fair play to them. They are in second place on merit and I'd much rather see a Yorkshire team in the Premier League as opposed to one from Wales.

I hope they stay in 2nd place for the rest of the season at the expense of both Cardiff and Swansea.

cheers rigo,if i could choose the results it would be donny up there with us,i would love nothing better than seeing you up there with us and all this too big for there boots and attitude is bullshat im afraid,yes you get some leeds fans who think were world beaters but the majority will tell you they will still be happy with 20th place thankyou,but bates says he will back grayson and aim for the top two,i cant complain at that,were not all out to belittle your club,i hold it n=in very high regardsa nd have the utmost respect for what you have achieved in the short time ive lived in doncaster

donnywhitegaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 18, 2010, 10:13:44 pm by donnywhitegaz »
a \"other football section\" might be an idea though,i pop in every few days for a look and hopefully to add helpfull comment on something that is to do with leeds or something that interests me,its a good board and better for other sensible posters being allowed to post imo

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 18, 2010, 10:33:03 pm by RedJ »
donnywhitegaz wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:

cheers rigo,if i could choose the results it would be donny up there with us,i would love nothing better than seeing you up there with us and all this too big for there boots and attitude is bullshat im afraid,yes you get some leeds fans who think were world beaters but the majority will tell you they will still be happy with 20th place thankyou,but bates says he will back grayson and aim for the top two,i cant complain at that,were not all out to belittle your club,i hold it n=in very high regardsa nd have the utmost respect for what you have achieved in the short time ive lived in doncaster

Must be mainly the ones I know then. According to a lot of Leeds ans I hear, \"Donny mean f**k all to us, everyone means f**k all to us\".

donnywhitegaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 18, 2010, 10:58:33 pm by donnywhitegaz »
maybe its the ones that have always lived here,i moved here in 1999 and have seen your rise from the ashes so to speak and without being patronising i have seen the achievements from being in the conference at belle vue and being the small club to now sitting proudly in the championship going toe to toe with us sheff utd,and plenty of others while gaining alot of admirers on your way,i took in a few of those games also back in the conf,telford away in the fa cup qaulify and your first game back in the league and your final win so maybe it brought me more down to earth where your team is concerned and like i said ive got nothing but admiration for your club,i dont think jr helps things with his digs at leeds but i know enough about him and read enough to know its not just leeds,he likes to wind up simple  :laugh:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 19, 2010, 01:17:51 am by RedJ »
donnywhitegaz wrote:
maybe its the ones that have always lived here,i moved here in 1999 and have seen your rise from the ashes so to speak and without being patronising i have seen the achievements from being in the conference at belle vue and being the small club to now sitting proudly in the championship going toe to toe with us sheff utd,and plenty of others while gaining alot of admirers on your way,i took in a few of those games also back in the conf,telford away in the fa cup qaulify and your first game back in the league and your final win so maybe it brought me more down to earth where your team is concerned and like i said ive got nothing but admiration for your club,i dont think jr helps things with his digs at leeds but i know enough about him and read enough to know its not just leeds,he likes to wind up simple  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

See, fans such as yourself, I have time and respect for. Fans who think their team are the best in the world when they clearly aren't (Leeds, Sheff Utd etc), I don't like.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 19, 2010, 12:40:47 pm by stockyboy »
Am I on the wrong forum or something? Every thread seems to turn out to be about Leeds? Why can't we just shut up about them? If someone says \"because we all hate leeds scum!\" Yeah I gathered from the only song we sung when they came down to Keepmoat, everything was quiet apart from the never ending song of \"we all hate leeds scum\"

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 20, 2010, 11:34:44 pm by BobG »
Two of my very best friends are Leeds supporters. DWG, Welligogs, and their mates, enhance this board immeasurably simply by their presence. We are certainly growing in our own arrogance. And insularity too to be honest. It is very noticeable indeed. Particularly amongst our younger brethren. We need folks like these to remind us there is a life outside Doncaster. That our view of the world is not the only tenable one to have. I wish we had a few Forest posters coming on here, a few Blades ones too. (What happened to Barney?)

The song that was sung when Leeds arrived just summed up the arrogance, the inability to think and the plain juvenile stupidity of those singing it. Leeds do have some, even a lot, of planks supporting them. We have our fair share as well. But they also have quite a lot of folk well worth listening to. Just as we do. Leeds and Rovers are simply two identical examples of a very common coin: a cross section of local popular support for a local popular sport.

Oh, and when you do get the idiots mouthing off, as some Blades are at the moment, turn the page! Easier on the blood pressure, doesn't encourage 'em, and stops every other bugger wasting time reading the tripe they post and the tripe we post in response.

Cheers

BobG

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 20, 2010, 11:36:35 pm by RedJ »
You speak a lot of sense, Bob

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 20, 2010, 11:38:07 pm by BobG »
:):):)

Why thank you Red! That makes one of the worst weeks of my life just a tiny bit better. At least I have now smiled for the first time since last Thursday.

Cheers

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 20, 2010, 11:39:59 pm by hoolahoop »
donnywhitegaz wrote:
a \"other football section\" might be an idea though,i pop in every few days for a look and hopefully to add helpfull comment on something that is to do with leeds or something that interests me,its a good board and better for other sensible posters being allowed to post imo

There's a perfectly good forum for that Gaz...............Pride of Yorkshire forum.  ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 21, 2010, 05:24:32 pm by ravenrover »
THE END

white rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 21, 2010, 09:45:33 pm by white rover »
carn't get away from the leeds/doncaster connection ,very big support in doncaster for leeds , back in the late 1960s/70s when the doncaster evening post was on the north bridge, every friday night  half of the back page was news about leeds united , till it went bust that is , then sheffield took over with the star ,theres just no getting away from the fact that leeds will always be a big topic in doncaster , love un or hate un there here to stay ,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012