Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:44:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This weekend  (Read 2148 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
This weekend
« on February 06, 2011, 11:52:59 pm by RedJ »
I'm taking a friend of mine to her first game this weekend (may sign up for a ST if she likes it) - reckon the atmosphere will be any good (for our standards I mean) and think we'll do well? I don't want it to leave a bad impression, as she's not a convinced fan just yet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:This weekend
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2011, 01:41:20 am by RedJ »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Taking her to the football infront of 10,000 people isn't the right way to get into her knickers mate. Try the cinema, preferably for a half decent film, but make sure there aren't many people there - particularly on the back row. ;)

If you do the football, especially this weekend, she'll be scarred for life by some mental southerner who rings a bell for ninety minutes!

:laugh: piss off

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2011, 01:56:39 am by RedJ »
Jesus H Christ :laugh: I've heard stories about them suverners, but never seen anything like that! I almost dropped the computer laughing :laugh:

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2011, 07:46:29 am by Berkshire Rover »
If it's her first game, wait until the match has finished, then whoevers won, tell her that was the Rovers, then she's bound to want to buy a ST, you could always fix her with your loving gaze and explain the offside rule, you never know she might end up being a linesman!

redmist

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2011, 09:09:13 am by redmist »
You're all presuming that Redj is a bloke!

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2011, 10:31:37 am by DonnyRTID »
Thats cos he is.

RoverandOut

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2011, 11:11:51 am by RoverandOut »
I've met that bloke from Pompey and he's actually really nice and runs his own book shop beleive it or not.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 07, 2011, 04:34:25 pm by RedJ »
Berkshire Rover wrote:
If it's her first game, wait until the match has finished, then whoevers won, tell her that was the Rovers, then she's bound to want to buy a ST, you could always fix her with your loving gaze and explain the offside rule, you never know she might end up being a linesman!

:laugh: great idea, although I'm not sure about this bit :laugh:

You're all presuming that Redj is a bloke!

Yes, I am :laugh:

I've met that bloke from Pompey and he's actually really nice and runs his own book shop beleive it or not.

So it's not the mad hatter? :-(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 07, 2011, 04:43:46 pm by Filo »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Taking her to the football infront of 10,000 people isn't the right way to get into her knickers mate. Try the cinema, preferably for a half decent film, but make sure there aren't many people there - particularly on the back row. ;)

If you do the football, especially this weekend, she'll be scarred for life by some mental southerner who rings a bell for ninety minutes!

Good advice from our resident lothario  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 07, 2011, 04:46:28 pm by Filo »
Filo wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:

Good advice from our resident [strike]lothario[/strike] wannabe lothario  ;)  

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 07, 2011, 05:07:16 pm by RedJ »
:laugh:

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 07, 2011, 06:11:00 pm by jucyberry »
Tell her all about the ups and downs, the struggles and the good times and bad..

Tell her all about the days at Belle vue...

Tell her how there is a deep core of true fans who would walk over hot coals to see Rovers no matter where we stand in the league..

Then take her to feel the ghosts at Belle Vue... By the time she actually gets to the game she will be hooked...

It worked for the fella anyway....

Once you are hooked it's a life long love affair..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 07, 2011, 07:37:49 pm by RedJ »
That sounds like a truly magical day, JB. If I ever hope to get a future \"interest\" hooked on football, especially Donny, that's the route I'll take. I remember my very first Donny game, and Christ alive was I hooked.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012