Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:18:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What a fantastic club.  (Read 3168 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
What a fantastic club.
« on July 18, 2013, 01:43:47 pm by RedJ »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: What a fantastic club.
« Reply #1 on July 18, 2013, 01:47:01 pm by 1879Rovers »
Fantastic to see things like this. Quite a simple gesture but means so much to a man who probably misses watching Rovers on a Saturday.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 18, 2013, 02:02:04 pm by keyser_soze »
Yep credit where it's due. We're quick to moan when they don't treat the fans properly so things like this (probably the work of one person seeing an opportunity to make someone's day) should be highlighted and applauded, well done Rovers!

MartinB

« Reply #3 on July 18, 2013, 02:03:43 pm by MartinB »
Great story

shaz27drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 18, 2013, 02:04:50 pm by shaz27drfc »
Well done Rovers, lovely gesture  :clapping:  :clapping:  :scarf:  :rtid:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 18, 2013, 02:53:43 pm by wing commander »
Yes brilliant...Sometimes I look at these story's in the press and wonder if they are genuine or just media pr opportunities,however this was obviously just a case of somebody trying to make someones day and is great to see....

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 18, 2013, 03:17:06 pm by tommy toes »
Pah! I bet  the old cove hasn't seen us play for the last 40 years!
No doubt he was at the 4-3 Man City game like the rest of Donny.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 19, 2013, 01:24:27 am by nice one rovers »
Pah! I bet  the old cove hasn't seen us play for the last 40 years!
No doubt he was at the 4-3 Man City game like the rest of Donny.
I've lost count of the old men in my barbers chair who heard Alick Jeffrey's leg break.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 19, 2013, 02:10:10 am by RobTheRover »
Guys, this is a classic IRWT moment. 

Following our feedback to the club through the project, and your input through the questionnaires, the club introduced the concept of "random acts of kindness".  These are when a member of staff sees an opportunity, recognises they can do something, and through a bit of initiative and goodwill can do something to make someone else's day extra special.  There's nothing staged about it.  It costs nothing more than a few minutes of someone's time, yet the recipient will remember it for ever. 

Its a great concept, and I hope you all benefit from it in the years to come.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 19, 2013, 08:33:25 am by scaley back rover »
How many other clubs would do that ? About time the non believers started to realise we have a club that values us and a club that we can honestly say we are proud of even if results on the pitch may not be going our way IRWT

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 19, 2013, 10:34:06 am by silent majority »
It's known throughout the club as 'moments of magic', and as Rob states above each individual member of staff is made aware of how they can contribute to someone's else's memory bank by doing what for them may be something very simple. IRWT.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 19, 2013, 01:40:21 pm by River Don »
It's known throughout the club as 'moments of magic', and as Rob states above each individual member of staff is made aware of how they can contribute to someone's else's memory bank by doing what for them may be something very simple. IRWT.

It really is a cracking idea this.

It's not only the goodwill such acts generate amongst supporters but word of mouth will ensure it gets noticed in the wider community too. More often than not it makes the local press, which is a bit of free PR for the club. Sometimes it even makes it into the national press putting the club, look at the story of the young lad who applied for the managers position.

Everyone's a winner.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 19, 2013, 02:14:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It is a great idea and we used to do it in a previous job I had, the people loved it and it doesn't take much to do the odd little thing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 20, 2013, 09:12:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It happened to me last season. When they introduced the smoking bubble last season, I didn't realise it was positioned at the South End of the West Stand.

I went to the North End an went down the steps and the steward said, it's down the other end. So, I began to walk back up and he said, it's ok, I'll let you out here and he duly opened the door especially for me. That would never have happened before.

I duly reported his action to the club and thanked him for looking after me.   

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 21, 2013, 06:26:21 am by Orlandokarla »
Guys, this is a classic IRWT moment. 

Following our feedback to the club through the project, and your input through the questionnaires, the club introduced the concept of "random acts of kindness".  These are when a member of staff sees an opportunity, recognises they can do something, and through a bit of initiative and goodwill can do something to make someone else's day extra special.  There's nothing staged about it.  It costs nothing more than a few minutes of someone's time, yet the recipient will remember it for ever. 

Its a great concept, and I hope you all benefit from it in the years to come.

Bravo!  :thumbsup:

Wonderful concept, makes me proud to be a fan.

Keep up the good work!

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 21, 2013, 04:39:15 pm by Sandy Lane »
Well done to everyone for coming up with this idea and then putting it into practice.  It's a great gesture by everyone at the club and can and will touch so many people.  It's the little things I tell thee, that are the nicest.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 21, 2013, 05:02:59 pm by RobTheRover »
The big thing, Sandy, and as an adopted Yorkshirewoman I'm sure you appreciate this, is they cost nowt but a little compassion, vision, and application.  And the benefit in goodwill is immeasurable.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 21, 2013, 05:07:14 pm by Sandy Lane »
Aye, agree Rob!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012