Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:56:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Macheda.  (Read 5339 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Macheda.
« on January 31, 2014, 07:13:48 pm by RedJ »
Meant to have signed for Birmingham on loan. Not heard how long.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

uptonson

• Forum Member
Re: Macheda.
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2014, 07:38:56 pm by uptonson »
At Cardiff having medical.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 31, 2014, 07:44:42 pm by Filo »
Sky sports news reporting he's gone to Birmingham on loan

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2014, 07:45:37 pm by uptonson »
Rather have Billy anyway.
 :rtid:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2014, 08:15:12 pm by RoversAlias »
Looking forward to Sharp vs Macheda at the 'Moat in April - that's if Kiko can even get a game for them.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2014, 08:46:19 pm by turnbull for england »
Meant to have signed for Birmingham on loan. Not heard how long.
7 letters :)

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2014, 09:08:07 pm by BigH »
It'll go something like this. First 2 or 3 games he'll play out of his skin. Score once maybe twice. Then he'll get injured. Go back to United for 4 or 5 games. Come back do nothing till the end of the season. Oh, apart from some game against one of the promotion contenders when he'll suddenly turn it on.

And he wonders why he can't make it at United.

neil grainger

« Reply #7 on January 31, 2014, 10:25:39 pm by neil grainger »
It'll go something like this. First 2 or 3 games he'll play out of his skin. Score once maybe twice. Then he'll get injured. Go back to United for 4 or 5 games. Come back do nothing till the end of the season. Oh, apart from some game against one of the promotion contenders when he'll suddenly turn it on.

That is quite unfair and disrespectful.

He did a good job for us and worked hard - I have nothing but respect for him and wish him all the best.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2014, 10:32:12 pm by Tiddysdad »

He did a good job for us and worked hard - I have nothing but respect for him and wish him all the best.

I was expecting great things from him but on his second spell here he looked as though he was here for the wages. didn't chase down balls like he did in the first couple of game for us.
I'm sorry Grainger but I'm pleased he hasn't come back. I don't feel he's the sort of player we need for a dog fight.

neil grainger

« Reply #9 on January 31, 2014, 10:46:35 pm by neil grainger »

I was expecting great things from him but on his second spell here he looked as though he was here for the wages. didn't chase down balls like he did in the first couple of game for us.
I'm sorry Grainger but I'm pleased he hasn't come back. I don't feel he's the sort of player we need for a dog fight.

I didn't say I wish he'd come back - I would have Billy over Macheda every time.
I'm simply saying I don't believe he warrants the flippant and derogatory comments of the previous poster.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2014, 10:52:53 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought he was OK apart from the Ipswich game on Boxing Day, when he really looked like he couldn't be arsed. Too much turkey, perhaps?  ;)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2014, 10:54:00 pm by Tiddysdad »

I didn't say I wish he'd come back - I would have Billy over Macheda every time.
I'm simply saying I don't believe he warrants the flippant and derogatory comments of the previous poster.

I'm with you with that. I'm also tired of people calling players who arn't coping in this division as well as they did last year - but without them we couldn't have been here this season. I have someone who sits close to us who call Cott's all the time even when he pops up with a little piece of magic. He just missed the post the other week and they shouted bloody rubbish. just made me cringe.

neil grainger

« Reply #12 on January 31, 2014, 11:01:48 pm by neil grainger »

I'm with you with that. I'm also tired of people calling players who arn't coping in this division as well as they did last year - but without them we couldn't have been here this season. I have someone who sits close to us who call Cott's all the time even when he pops up with a little piece of magic. He just missed the post the other week and they shouted bloody rubbish. just made me cringe.

Looks like we're agreeing then Tidd

Looks like we're in agreement then Tiddysdad.

I don't see a single member of our squad who isn't worth his place, which is a great credit to PD.
Cotts has perhaps flattered to deceive on occasion but if he was consistently brilliant he wouldn't be wasting his time playing for us.
I actually thought he made an excellent impact when he came on against Charlton and if he'd had a bit more time on the pitch to fix his sights he'd have scored with one of those long-range efforts.

I'm chuffed to bits with the squad PD has assembled now, and for the first time this season I feel we can stay up.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 01, 2014, 01:26:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Think how happy we all were after ''The Wednesday game'' though,something like this :laugh:,then his second spell we were more like this  :facepalm:,he did a good job overall so he deserves this :thumbsup:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 01, 2014, 08:04:42 am by BigH »

Sorry Graing, didn't mean to offend; it was meant to be a tongue in cheek dig at the transfer activity of one of our Championship rivals. Macheda does have quality for sure but I think that he's a player who struggles when he's in a struggling team. He's played for a fair few clubs now and nothing has really clicked for him. Hopefully, he'll get a proper break soon.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 01, 2014, 08:17:54 am by Al4475 »
Macheda does have quality for sure but I think that he's a player who struggles when he's in a struggling team.

I think I'd agree with that sentiment - in my opinion he had quality, and a on occasions faster footballing brain than some of our other players - he spotted things they didn't.

I thought our 'better' players (ie the guys who think quicker with the ball) such as Wellens, Brown and Duffy were on his wavelength and Macheda had some good moments with them - but nowhere near enough for a relegation battle. It would have been very interesting to see how he would've had performed should we have been at the other end of table.

Where we are and what we have to do this season is not the place for him. Now Sharp is a mester who knows how to play in a team with all the odds against them! Better fit for DRFC no doubt!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 01, 2014, 08:37:13 am by GazLaz »
I think the only time he was deployed in the right way was against QPR. I think he's a player that needs to drop deep and get on the ball as opposed to being the furthest man forward, a bit like a Berbatov. He just oozes ability and his desire to come back and help us was appreciated by me. Good luck to him.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2014, 01:32:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Think how happy we all were after ''The Wednesday game'' though,something like this :laugh:,then his second spell we were more like this  :facepalm:,he did a good job overall so he deserves this :thumbsup:

You know what i was saying about this fella before?,forget it can't stand the fella :mad:,cost me money today,Maguire scores seventh minute of added on,Revell scores for Rotherham way into injury time,hate injury time,why can't bets be settled just on the ninety minutes and not include injury time,i'm not kidding i would win almost every week,frustrating!! :headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2014, 01:43:33 am by Filo »

You know what i was saying about this fella before?,forget it can't stand the fella :mad:,cost me money today,Maguire scores seventh minute of added on,Revell scores for Rotherham way into injury time,hate injury time,why can't bets be settled just on the ninety minutes and not include injury time,i'm not kidding i would win almost every week,frustrating!! :headbang:

The t**t cost me my treble as well! :(

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2014, 01:47:13 am by Sammy Chung was King »

filo i'm not kidding i just knew something would go wrong happens every week,yeah it evens out occassionaly but very rare,cost me two trebles and a single,Derby 3-1 up against Birmingham and can't hold it unbelievable :crying:
The t**t cost me my treble as well! :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2014, 01:52:19 am by Filo »
I had Southampton, Reading and Derby in a treble

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2014, 02:03:49 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I had Southampton, Reading and Derby in a treble

Mine was Derby,Leicester,Reading,the second one was Blackburn,Ipswich,Barnsley/Wednesday draw,and the third one was originally a double,one got called off so i had Rotherham draw and what happens Revell scores,i wish he'd stayed in his ''Sweet packet'' i won't buy a packet of them again on principle :coat:

Xtrarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 02, 2014, 08:53:54 pm by Xtrarover »

I agree

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 02, 2014, 09:33:33 pm by donnievic »
Worked hard ???? Was that getting changed

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 03, 2014, 09:42:02 am by MiKA »

I agree

You sound like one of the lads who sit behind me

...... they spend the whole game talking about the bets they've made or just about to make and not one of them is over 15, going on those the betting shops are going to be heaving in another 4 or 5 years time      :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012