Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:08:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Car Parking in car park 1  (Read 24627 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Car Parking in car park 1
« Reply #90 on October 10, 2017, 05:45:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just google parking eye theres plenty out there about them

so you drive into that car park to collect your tickets theres nothing to stop you thinking the same signs have  been put up in all car parks, I don't know but are there big signs telling non permit holders to park in car parks 2 or 3 ????????? equally as big as the Parking Eye permit holder  signs?

Some seem to be forgetting over 10 years people have parked in car park 1 its yet again its an own goal through lack of communication and not hammering it on the website twitter etc

As someone else said make all those office employees park in it and stop them parking on the inner circle!

As I said earlier there is a very simple solution  exactly the same as used by this lot in supermarkets etc  a terminal in the reception areas that these office  workers log there car on   you start to type your reg in and a pretty picture of your reg plate and vehicle come up  it asks is this you  you hit the yes button, you are now booked on this site for today/week it takes seconds
Then as we all know the car parks never full in the weekdays (although perhaps if they were all made to park there instead of on the inner ring .................. ) so you then have a limit for visitors whether it be 30/45/60 minutes or whatever

It boils down to the  usual not enough communication or thought lets instigate the first brainwave we have

Pretty sure the quite large sign says in big letters something like use car park two.

If there is great

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 10, 2017, 06:36:49 pm by RoversAlias »
There are large signs, that should be enough to be honest. This change was made months ago, the club can't be expected to spoon-feed this stuff to every individual fan. My dad used to park in #1 when buying tickets, but the signage made it clear and he promptly switched to parking in the other car park. Ignorance is a poor excuse, as is directing ire at posters like Mr. Frost just for pointing out facts in this thread.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on October 10, 2017, 06:43:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I dont think anybodies asking for it to be spoon fed individually what they are asking is this sort of change needs publicising frequently using all the tools at their disposal  its no good putting it on dros/Twitter/fb once or twice so it drops off the feed within a couple of hours it needs reiterating however as ive said if a bit more thought had been put into it there are very simple solutions

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 10, 2017, 06:53:02 pm by chrisd_123 »
I dont think anybodies asking for it to be spoon fed individually what they are asking is this sort of change needs publicising frequently using all the tools at their disposal  its no good putting it on dros/Twitter/fb once or twice so it drops off the feed within a couple of hours it needs reiterating however as ive said if a bit more thought had been put into it there are very simple solutions

You have a point to an extent but if you go anywhere in the country, whether you've been there before or not, some car parks are for private use only and are sign posted that way. The signage is all over the car park, there's literally about 10 signs in the car park and one or two small ones and a large one at the entrance if I remember correctly. Whether they put it on the website/social media or not, it's VERY obvious.

If you get caught doing 70 down Stadium Way are you going to slate the club because they didn't warn you what the speed limit was?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 10, 2017, 08:21:33 pm by the vicar »
If they fine fans for parking in car park one they will only persist in pissing off and alienating their own just for supporting there team and getting tickets
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:23:49 pm by the vicar »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 10, 2017, 08:25:38 pm by the vicar »
The car park is nigh on empty anyway

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 10, 2017, 08:26:53 pm by IDM »
No one is being alienated for support or buying tickets, just being asked to use car park 2 instead..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on October 10, 2017, 08:38:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If they fine fans for parking in car park one they will only persist in pissing off and alienating their own just for supporting there team and getting tickets

During the day it's quite full. There's a waiting list at our place to get a spot

It's pretty full during the day. There's a waiting list at our place to get a spot.

If all spots are paid for by businesses close by then it's good revenue for the club and should be welcomed. Maybe look at it another way, income from the car parking may be helping the club to keep ticket prices down!

Naturally, there will be spaces on any given day as people have time off.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on October 10, 2017, 08:41:13 pm by the vicar »
I beg to differ it is not even half full on a week day I go down regular so I see for myself

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 10, 2017, 08:48:31 pm by Jenny »
Surely the best way to 'advertise' that you can't park in the car park is at the car park itself....

The club could constantly plaster it all over twitter/Facebook/website but let's face it, not everyone interacts with the club in that way.

If there was one small sign I could understand it, but it's clear as day with repeated signs throughout the car park.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit you were in the wrong, get past the anger stage and accept it.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on October 10, 2017, 10:05:26 pm by drfc1951 »
Are people just to lazy to walk from car park 2?

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on October 10, 2017, 10:13:42 pm by chrisd_123 »

The funny thing is, you can drive round the inner ring and literally park at the ticket office/club shop door for free and no ticket if you're just popping in!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on October 10, 2017, 10:14:36 pm by the vicar »
no some just cant walk that far, it is ok for those that can

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 10, 2017, 10:16:07 pm by the vicar »
i can still see fans driven away if they get a fine

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on October 10, 2017, 10:19:28 pm by MrFrost »
no some just cant walk that far, it is ok for those that can

It isn't any further

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on October 10, 2017, 10:24:18 pm by IDM »

But they won't get a fine in the first place if they don't use car park 1...

I didn't know about the restrictions until today but will avoid that car park from now on..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on October 10, 2017, 10:48:52 pm by the vicar »
You club whets will find out in time

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 10, 2017, 11:03:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »

But they won't get a fine in the first place if they don't use car park 1...

I didn't know about the restrictions until today but will avoid that car park from now on..

Exactly!  the club need to get these sort of major changes rammed down peoples throat not just a few times when it drops off the feed within an hour because other stuff has been uploaded, it needs repeating every day, people don't visit Dros everyday they don't always see twitter, and facebook does its own thing and shows you what it thinks you want to see! sorry but its another major change that in truth has backfired to an extent and alienated some people through lack of foresight of the implications of a major change, as I've said there was other simple solutions that Parking Eye could have used but that would cost them,  that car park is not full during the week !!!!

Sorry but its the same type of issues time after time
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:32:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on October 10, 2017, 11:11:41 pm by Filo »

During the day it's quite full. There's a waiting list at our place to get a spot

It's pretty full during the day. There's a waiting list at our place to get a spot.

If all spots are paid for by businesses close by then it's good revenue for the club and should be welcomed. Maybe look at it another way, income from the car parking may be helping the club to keep ticket prices down!

Those on the waiting list, do they park for free around the Stadium road?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on October 10, 2017, 11:17:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
On arriving back at the Keepmoat following the Arsenal game, car park 3 was scattered with caravans, the presumable property of the travelling fraternity.

Has anyone got any information as to how many of them were fined for ignoring the signs and parking there?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on October 10, 2017, 11:36:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Those on the waiting list, do they park for free around the Stadium road?

It probably isn't pretty full its just that they can't be arsed to walk from the further reaches of the car park and park round the inner circle cos its closer   causing a waiting list  ;) ;)

ohh look two answers in one :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on October 11, 2017, 09:48:39 am by RedJ »

How will the club piss people off when 1) it isn't even their doing and 2) it's people's own fault if they can't follow the instructions of a big f**koff sign?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on October 11, 2017, 09:56:16 am by Jenny »
Just the usual of people wanting to be spoon fed and have someone else take responsibility for their actions. Blame culture of today's society.

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on October 11, 2017, 10:03:32 am by legendslounger »
i dont think spankster has a right to not pay the fines as there is reasonable signage up. at the same time tho i understand how he might not have seen them if its habit to park in cp1 to pick up tickets. maybe the club can help him out on this occasion, then everyones happy and we can get back to moaning about the football

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on October 11, 2017, 10:28:44 am by chrisd_123 »
I really can't get my head around what the issue is here. The club have issued warnings and the signage is there in abundance.

If they plastered it all over social media every day the club would be slated for ramming it down people's throats. They get stick for the Weldricks posts when it's a commercial post to bring money/partnerships to the club so posting about a car park every day will get on people's nerves.

They've mentioned it enough. It's common sense. Habit doesn't come into it. Just because you've always done something, doesn't mean that can't change. Suck it up and get on with it.

You can tell Rovers have just had a great win when the biggest talking point is a car park.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on October 11, 2017, 10:55:40 am by RedJ »
Habit is another absolutely ridiculous defence. You don't continue to use your mobile at the wheel because you did before the law changed and just expect to get away with it do you?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on October 11, 2017, 11:13:55 am by Bentley Bullet »

How will the club piss people off when 1) it isn't even their doing and 2) it's people's own fault if they can't follow the instructions of a big f**koff sign?

Now't worse for customer relations than going to spend your hard earned cash at the ticket office only to be met with a big f**k off sign!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on October 11, 2017, 11:18:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
Habit is another absolutely ridiculous defence. You don't continue to use your mobile at the wheel because you did before the law changed and just expect to get away with it do you?

If you have to rely on a law to stop you using a mobile phone while driving then we do have serious problems regarding common sense.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on October 11, 2017, 11:52:57 am by Dagenham Rover »
What is obvious is that some people knew about it and some didn't

Which means the club did not get the message out adequately    :blink:

They've got a big feck off screen in the ground, a two or three minute job to put a basic

"Do not Park in Car Park 1 during the week when visiting THe ticket office or shop"

and guess what you've got virtually all your target audience in one hit

A little bit of thought is all thats required
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:59:01 am by Dagenham Rover »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on October 11, 2017, 11:59:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
What is obvious is that some people knew about it and some didn't

Which means the club did not get the message out adequately    :blink:

They've got a big feck off screen in the ground, a two or three minute job to put a basic

"Do not Park in Car Park 1 during the week when visiting THe ticket office or shop"

and guess what you've got virtually all your target audience

A little bit of thought is all thats required

But there's a sign?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012