Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:28:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Most streamed song  (Read 223 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Most streamed song
« on May 11, 2024, 06:04:37 pm by River Don »
What is it?

Beatles? Abba? Queen?

Nope. By some distance it's The Weekend!

Blinding Lights

I feel slightly vindicated because my favourite period of pop music is probably early 1980s electronic new
 wave.

This track, you will probably have heard it could have been released in 1983. It sounds like A-ha. I don't know where Take on me stands in the streaming list. It ought to be high.

Anyway. It's pretty much the perfect pop song. That's it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 06:10:22 pm by River Don »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: Most streamed song
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 10:38:31 pm by afro goal machine »
I dont think you can read much in to this. How many times have the Beetles / Elvis been played on a vinyl ??

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 12, 2024, 11:46:12 am by Bristol Red Rover »
*the Weeknd*
Interesting - Where's the list you saw this on? The vid has a draw. I see its only been played 10million times on its official YouTube channel. There's many other songs above 100million.

<added>Just looked up the list... 4.2 billion streams of it, fair enough!  :laugh:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spotify_streaming_records
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 01:26:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2024, 01:34:55 pm by danumdon »
I don't think its a very equal comparison when you talk about songs that were released pre digital.

I'd imagine that a great many who were fervent fans of groups like the Beatles, Abba and Queen would no doubt have the vinyl collection and probably listen to that source as much as digital copies.

I have mate who has a collection, must be well over 5 thousand albums, he religiously only listens to the original copies on his Linn Sondeck/Naim rig. Says he can hear the subtle differences in the vinyl records when even compared to the best no loss digital sources. Bit of a geek you could say.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2024, 08:32:59 pm by River Don »
Alright,

I'll explain musically why it's perfect.

Harmonically it just loops a 4:bar pattern

Melodically it's clever. The verse starts low, the pre chorus is higher, the chorus is higher still. The post chorus/ breakdown is higher still. That's the climax. Then it quickly runs through the song again and ends on a vocal solo perfect.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012