Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 09:39:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question for Silent Majority  (Read 3252 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Question for Silent Majority
« on October 19, 2022, 10:59:49 am by roverstillidie91 »
Can you possibly through the club rule out any possible candidates that are being bandied about?

Seems to be negativity in regards to the according to social media in regards to highly likely appointment of Danny Schofield.

After speaking to a family member who supports Sheffield United says it would be an awful appointment.

And also was there being candidates being sounded out before Gary Mcsheffrey departed?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Question for Silent Majority
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2022, 11:04:48 am by RoversAlias »
Not sure what authority a Sheffield United fan has on Danny Schofield's coaching competency. He's got a good track record below senior management but it would obviously be a huge gamble to appoint him.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2022, 11:11:52 am by Copps is Magic »
After speaking to a family member who supports Sheffield United says it would be an awful appointment.

lord have mercy

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2022, 11:15:24 am by Metalmicky »
Not sure what authority a Sheffield United fan has on Danny Schofield's coaching competency. He's got a good track record below senior management but it would obviously be a huge gamble to appoint him.

Isn't any appointment a gamble....... if it isn't, are we guaranteed promotion with an appointment who isn't deemed to be a gamble?   :huh:

If life was only that that easy.....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2022, 11:22:14 am by silent majority »
I can't confirm or deny any names.

But, as I've already pointed out on here it will be the HoF's role to identify and then interview/recruit a replacement for GMc. Obviously the Chairman is also involved in the interview process but it will be led by JC.

JC will be using his vast knowledge of football and contacts to aide him but he will be using his own process for selection.

I'm not sure what that includes, certainly not the detail of it, but identity and football philosophy will play a part.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 19, 2022, 11:44:52 am by selby »
  Can you please wait to hound the next manager out of a job until he is appointed please.
  If you don't know, that is the normal step by step system used to sack anyone, they normally have to be employed.
 Just out of curiosity, apart from their names, just what do people know about the applicants? if they even know who the applicants are.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 19, 2022, 12:04:45 pm by Janso »

But, as I've already pointed out on here it will be the HoF's role to identify and then interview/recruit a replacement for GMc. Obviously the Chairman is also involved in the interview process but it will be led by JC.

JC will be using his vast knowledge of football and contacts to aide him but he will be using his own process for selection.

I'm not sure what that includes, certainly not the detail of it, but identity and football philosophy will play a part.

Hopefully not "is he my mate? yep he'll do".

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2022, 12:05:42 pm by RoversAlias »

Isn't any appointment a gamble....... if it isn't, are we guaranteed promotion with an appointment who isn't deemed to be a gamble?   :huh:

If life was only that that easy.....

Absolutely Micky. Appointing Schofield may prove a masterstroke, like when Penney got the job or we punted for McCann.

It is purely the optics for the club hiring another rookie that will leave them building a rod for their own back and allowing the dissent among fans to continue.

For what it's worth, I think Schofield has a vastly superior pedigree than McSheffrey did.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2022, 12:18:58 pm by grayx »
Sounds like it is Schofield..
Bit underwhelming tbh but if Copps thinks he’s the right fit then i guess we need to trust his judgement.
At least its not taken about a month to appoint.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2022, 12:50:50 pm by LincolnDonny »
Schofield?

bloody Nora

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2022, 01:26:50 pm by keith79 »
Phil

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2022, 01:31:09 pm by karldew »
Phil

Think he’ll be at the front of the queue

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 19, 2022, 01:33:53 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Phil
Hopefully that means we get Holly as Assistant Manager then!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 19, 2022, 02:31:09 pm by philsky »

I trust JC and I’m sure he’ll have countless contacts to run through his thinking although he strikes me as a careful and methodical individual. Also, very sensible.

It would have been very easy to have one more playing season given the situation in place during his final season. He quit as he felt it was the right thing to do.

I think he’s the best judge. 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 19, 2022, 07:41:52 pm by roversdude »
Do we know what the tipping point was for GMc, recall that it was stated with Wellens that it was Crewe away but he wasn’t fired immediately

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 19, 2022, 07:49:52 pm by Jonathan »
Do we know what the tipping point was for GMc, recall that it was stated with Wellens that it was Crewe away but he wasn’t fired immediately

I think it was clear Gary was feeling the pressure, and no wonder really.

I hope he’s allowing himself a bit of a wry smile if he looks on social media and sees the same fans that hounded him out going apoplectic at his replacement before he’s even appointed!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 19, 2022, 07:54:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hope whoever it is can churn out a clean sheet now and again. Defence is not good.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 19, 2022, 08:16:39 pm by roversdude »
Sorry I meant for the board, personally I feel they did him a favour it must have impacted on his mental health

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 19, 2022, 08:44:22 pm by Leedsrover »
If Copps and the Chairman have decided the best person for the job is Danny Schofield it will be based on the best fit for the playing squad we have and the best fit for the club and what the clubs short- and longer-term ambitions are.
I would rather see us appoint a young coach who knows todays' game than some of the near extinct dinosaurs who have been suggested as having the benefit of experience, most of whom have had a day or two in the sun followed sooner or later by failure and the sack.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 19, 2022, 09:03:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If Copps and the Chairman have decided the best person for the job is Danny Schofield it will be based on the best fit for the playing squad we have and the best fit for the club and what the clubs short- and longer-term ambitions are.
I would rather see us appoint a young coach who knows todays' game than some of the near extinct dinosaurs who have been suggested as having the benefit of experience, most of whom have had a day or two in the sun followed sooner or later by failure and the sack.

I think you've nailed my feelings about the situation too.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 19, 2022, 09:08:17 pm by roversdude »

I think you've nailed my feelings about the situation too.

Yep mine too

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 19, 2022, 09:16:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’ve given up worrying. I have a decent degree of confidence in Copps making the right call, so will wait and see. There is only so much you can do in recruitment, even best hires turn out disastrous. All you can hope for is process was as good as it could be and you have someone making the call who knows their arse from their elbow.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 19, 2022, 09:47:35 pm by WarwickRover »
What happened to psychometric testing SM? I think you was an advocate with respect to previous appointments

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 19, 2022, 10:10:26 pm by pib »

I think it was clear Gary was feeling the pressure, and no wonder really.

I hope he’s allowing himself a bit of a wry smile if he looks on social media and sees the same fans that hounded him out going apoplectic at his replacement before he’s even appointed!

Christ, you’re obsessed! I understand the frustration but you’re like a man possessed with this to the point where all you seem to post about is other fans opinions at this point.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 19, 2022, 10:16:24 pm by silent majority »
What happened to psychometric testing SM? I think you was an advocate with respect to previous appointments

Me, an advocate? Are you sure?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 20, 2022, 02:47:45 am by aidanstu »

But you happily rule out Phil Parkinson on another thread. Interesting.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 20, 2022, 07:22:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Well, he does like a bet now and again!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 20, 2022, 09:47:57 am by silent majority »

It wasn’t serious though was it??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012