Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:36:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McKays' scheming  (Read 22570 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: McKays' scheming
« Reply #180 on October 24, 2011, 12:15:54 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=193811
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=193809

Sadly JR is not a Billionaire and he has done enough he must have pumped between 5-10 million of his own money in over the years.

The reason we have to do this is the apathy of the general public simple as and adding the incredible quality like Diarra is an investment in my book!

Yep £2000 a week; atrocious amount for a footballer.

Best hide my Chelsea shirt; we'll be playing em next year... :woot:

Of course a £26 million footabller who played for one of the world greats a crock of shit!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on October 24, 2011, 12:25:32 am by Mr1Croft »
I always trusted JR and the Board to invest wisely in the past, and I could always see where they were coming from by putting little in the clubs in terms of investment due to covering the losses the club operates on.

But that said huge investments during off and pre-season relate to ST sales, how many more season tickets do you think we would have sold if the board plugged £8 million extra into the club? Surely that would be a wise investment for what is relativley loose change between the 3 'majority' shareholders?

In the premiership there are arguably two extremes for sucess for a football club; Everton who currently look the most effiecent with the board only paying wages and that looks about it, they may reach the Europa league next season and that will be that. Manchester City have invested boatloads and well if they aren't in with a shout of lifting the PL trophy come may I will be slightly surprised.

I always considered us to be more like Everton in relation to finances in past few seasons; its very rare we splash out, and if only we had mroe fans the loss wouldn't be as bad, except at Everton there is stability, can the same be said about Doncaster Rovers? I may not be an expert at proposing financial models for football clubs but if we lose our stability in the structure of this club what is left?

I know this post won't change anyone's opinions, and there seems to be a divide on the subject, so for now we'll have to agree to disagree

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on October 24, 2011, 07:14:27 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=193814

But that said huge investments during off and pre-season relate to ST sales, how many more season tickets do you think we would have sold if the board plugged £8 million extra into the club? Surely that would be a wise investment for what is relativley loose change between the 3 'majority' shareholders?

This is a line often said leading up the signing of Sharp which was 4 times our previous record signing.  Remind me how many extra season tickets that brought in?  I don't tthink big name signings will make much of a difference, winning would make the difference though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012