Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:42:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McKays' scheming  (Read 22574 times)

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Daily Mail...full page...Truth About Willie McKay
« Reply #30 on October 21, 2011, 08:22:17 am by pkt_drfc »
Do you actually read the forum before posting you do this all the time :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
Re: McKays' scheming
« Reply #31 on October 21, 2011, 08:23:28 am by Jim Dobbin »
Lazy Journalism

\"10,000 loyal supporters\" he's obviously never been to the Keepmoat.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 21, 2011, 08:23:43 am by sedwardsdrfc »
just hope it is not a long term plan only till we are safe 4 next season

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 21, 2011, 08:25:34 am by Chris Black come back »
To be fair he has taken trouble to put up picture of article..

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 21, 2011, 08:28:20 am by Red Rover »
Quote from: \"pkt_drfc\" post=192929
Do you actually read the forum before posting you do this all the time :headbang:

Haha :laugh: yeh but I thought I'd pick out the key points! :S

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Willie Mckay
« Reply #35 on October 21, 2011, 08:29:45 am by Red Rover »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=192918
Tell him to do one! after reading that article about how he aims to get money from us and how he is going to do it has completley stripped my faith in the club and its because of him! At the end of the season if we are fighting for relegation and we have players coming and leaving how do we expect to build team spirit to fight to stay up, these 'quality' players whos careers have gone down the drain whos contracts run out at the end of season wont be fighting to keep us up they wont be botherd because they will probably have another club at the end of the season like Chimbonda has. Wrong move by JR imo.

We havent got a great deal to lose! The main reason behind it seems to be lowering our wage bill from £8m to £4m. If that happens and we've got better players than we've started with...albeit for a limited period of time, we'll finish better than last season!:rtid:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 21, 2011, 08:38:34 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Red Rover\" post=192935

you missed out:

\"My valuation of Donny was nothing. They have no fanbase and everyone in Doncaster supports Leeds, Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday\" :pinch:

\"I’m doing this to prove it can be done and I’ve been honest enough to admit I’m only here for the money.\" - so we can put to bed any rumours of him actually liking the club :dry:

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 21, 2011, 08:40:26 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I think this will turn out to be a good move.

We cut our wage bill down, off set that with potential transfer commission. Have quality playing staff albeit for a few months.

Worst comes to worst we get relegated but with a smaller wage bill it won't be a financial nightmare. The doncaster brand should be more attractive due to the history of players we might have had. Players will have heard of us.

We have first mover advantage here. Clubs will be copying our model soon I believe.

On the other hand it is a risk and change.....change is not good according to this board. I seem to think most posters would rather DRFC get relegated and their post prove correct than to admit they were wrong and support their team.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 21, 2011, 08:44:12 am by DaveDRFC »
The club can do no right in some people's eyes on here. Criticised when SOD was here for not getting the players in, now people moan when we try to get quality players in, albeit for a short time. Have to see how it goes but I for one am prepared to give it a chance before dismissing it as an awful idea.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 21, 2011, 08:47:08 am by inSODwetrust »
\"My valuation of Donny was nothing. They have no fanbase and everyone in Doncaster supports Leeds, Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday, who can all get 30,000 in their stadiums.\"

Seems afirst class Kitson in my opinion! A bit pointless in pushing for the Premiership if you're not willing to spend more than £4million a year on wages! Just MY opinion of course.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Willie Mckay
« Reply #40 on October 21, 2011, 08:48:12 am by sedwardsdrfc »
we'll finish better than last season!:rtid:[/quote]

i would take that all day :woot:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 21, 2011, 09:09:02 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=192902
Quote from: \"SiBo\" post=192900
From what I've been told SOD knew nothing about it, he was just told he was being put on gardening leave. Explains why that happened so quickly though. 'I can do this if you give my mate a job'. Also raises question of how much did JR know what was going on as would he have been so public in support of SOD in days beforehand if knew this was on its way? The more and more I hear about this the less confident I am JR is pulling strings anymore.

We've been through this numerous times, JR is still very much the driving force, he was the first to hear this plan, he convinced Dick Watson it was the right thing to do, they acted and told Terry Bramhall after the event who gave his support.

The meetings in question took place after JR gave his backing to Sean and he never expected to make such a move  when he did the radio interview or prepared his notes for the Free Press.

Of course it went like that .....are you serious as to the timetable of events in the full knowledge that all concerned at the top have known each other and been friends for some time ?

:saywhat: :laugh: :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 21, 2011, 09:09:43 am by Filo »

Could n`t you pick out the key points in the thread that was already started? we have 3 threads on this subject now, so i`m going to merge them all!

markusparkus75

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 21, 2011, 09:14:05 am by markusparkus75 »
My first reaction was \"Well, Rovers just lost my support.\"

But we were headed for relegation the way things were, and McKay's right, we can't sustain an £8 million a year wage bill with the fanbase we have.

My main concern is that we don't become a team completely made up of loanees.  I don't mind three or four in the squad as a whole, but I still want to see a core squad and a youth set up bringing through new players.

Getting a cut of any loanee's transfer fee may well be a canny move in the long run though...

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 21, 2011, 09:15:49 am by Donnybob »
Jim D - post of the day already. I almost sprayed coffee all over the screen! Very funny. :laugh:

Matty, I'm not sure where the playing staff wage bill has been cut. Willie claims we're only paying these players £2,000 a week but that's £50K a year per player on top of the current wage bill.

If we are going to become a shop window then the existing staff on permanent contracts will have to reduce dramatically, assuming the players are prepared to move on and other clubs show an interest in them.

If you have ever been employed where staff cuts have had to be made you'll appreciate it has a demoralising impact on ALL staff, not just those who ultimately leave. In my experience productivity drops. It's a hell of a task to manage in those circumstances. I'll refrain from quoting the Emotional Cycle Of Change other than to say it is not without pitfalls.

McKay talks of using the overseas loan player loophole, in other words fielding more than 5 non-contract players. Bloomin' heck, someone's going to be pretty busy soon. And of course, there will be a rapid turnover because other clubs ain't going to foot the shortfall above £2K a week for too long if the excersize is to sell the players based on performances. Methinks we'll be tied up into having to play them - good or bad.

Can a Harlem Globetrotters approach work? I bloody well hope so!

As for dear old Wellred. Great post. No content, no logic, no counter argument, no debate. No response to other posters. Obviously he's right on all counts then.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 21, 2011, 09:24:29 am by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"DaveDRFC\" post=192944
The club can do no right in some people's eyes on here. Criticised when SOD was here for not getting the players in, now people moan when we try to get quality players in, albeit for a short time. Have to see how it goes but I for one am prepared to give it a chance before dismissing it as an awful idea.

Well said , seems like  some people would rather moan at the club finding a cost effective way to stay in this league. We were and could well still go down with a unrealistic wage bill for the fan base we have & the club through getting DS in have  hit upon a scheme that suits all parties. Why are we worried if WM makes money out of getting these players playing again then if they play well for us they get a move on more money we get to stay in this league. There are more players out there that haven't got clubs who think they should be playing in the Premiership & this is a way back for them if they perform for us. What have we to lose ?

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 21, 2011, 09:28:12 am by Donnybob »
Practically everything if it goes wrong...

What's to stop other clubs doing it?

Why is no-one else doing it?

Makes me nervous as hell and I doin't mind admitting it.

Interesting how the gung ho comments on here are balanced by a million negative ones on Twitter...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 21, 2011, 09:33:16 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Donnybob\" post=192963
Practically everything if it goes wrong...

What's to stop other clubs doing it?

Why is no-one else doing it?

Makes me nervous as hell and I doin't mind admitting it.

It does me too. I'd rather accept the fact that we can't sustain Championship-level football on the crowds we get and cut our cloth accordingly at a level where we can survive and prosper.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 21, 2011, 09:34:28 am by Norfolk N Chance »
This is brillant vision it really is and honesty hurts is it no true we are town full of d**kheads that suppoort other teams .....???

Is it no true the players we have are not good enough?

Here you have the classic WIN WIN!!!

Hats off to JR and Watson with player of such ability we will hopefully be safe without them we would be relegated by xmas and backrupt cos the nobheads of donny dont support there local team!

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 21, 2011, 09:58:03 am by fudgepacker »
Just my opinion but....

If we want to reduce our wage bill by 4 million and we are doing this by getting short term loanees then.....

1. It means that we will be having a clearout in January or the end of the season, our current crop will have to up their game to earn the right to play for the club. This could be good and may get another 10% out of them.

2. To reduce the wage bill by that much where does that leave our best players, will they stay and the saving come from elsewhere or will they be sold?

3. Deano says that he wants to focus on the youth setup and get the reserve team started again. To do this the money has to come from somewhere.

Just playing devils advocate here but what if the plan is to cut the wage bill and invest some of that money into the structure of the club (reserve team, centre of excellence) and the short term loanees is just a method of keeping the team and bank balance ticking over until we bear the fruits of the youth setup??

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #50 on October 21, 2011, 10:16:40 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
The arguament doesnt stack up re cutting the 4m from the budget. That could equate to an extra 20000 fans which added to the existing 10000 average means they are saying derby and leeds arent even viable or the directors want to take money out of the club. Statement needed from jr on this if u could get one gartom.

Alex W

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 21, 2011, 10:18:05 am by Alex W »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=192898
You don't sound like much of a Rover fan...

Sooo the question remains... Why are you looking at this forum at 5 in the morning?!

Replying to a message after an off-chance of checking the forum. Plus i'd just seen this story after a friend linked me, thought i'd see what the general opinion was!

I'm intrigued is all.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 21, 2011, 10:18:18 am by MrFrost »
Read the article and I am really worried about the future.

No players and come or go for the next two years without Mckays say so?

I think we can kiss goodbye to any permanent transfers for the next few years, and the likes of Sharp will be gone in January.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 21, 2011, 10:27:50 am by jucyberry »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=192941

you missed out:

\"My valuation of Donny was nothing. They have no fanbase and everyone in Doncaster supports Leeds, Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday\" :pinch:

\"I’m doing this to prove it can be done and I’ve been honest enough to admit I’m only here for the money.\" - so we can put to bed any rumours of him actually liking the club :dry:

So , how do you lot, who do go to as many games as physically possible.. who turn out come wind and rain and shit results feel about being dismissed as nothing, because it made me so mad for you all.. I can't count myself amongst you in that, as I don't get to games (hense the you lot)....

My opinion, for what it's worth... Rovers has been sold for quick results to a devil who cares not a jot for our team or the Rovers name and ethos, SOD had to go, as this style of Del Boy shenanigans isn't his style either... McKay it seems doesn't want a manager with a mind, he wants a puppet.. a yes man who will just pump through his players for his own profit. I truly hope I'm wrong, and I know the mail is a bag of crap paper... But there is always a BUT... isn't there?

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 21, 2011, 10:28:09 am by karlos »
You could look at it like this if we are lucky enough to gain promotion to the Premier league with this method then at least we could have some of these mentioned players in place to cope with the standard that the premier league requires. The current deal is only 2 years long gaining promotion would give us in excess of seventy million pound which will in turn set us up for the next 10 years. in theory it looks a good move but lets see what happens ?????

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 21, 2011, 10:33:29 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=192976

I think we can kiss goodbye to any permanent transfers for the next few years, and the likes of Sharp will be gone in January.

Frosty something needs to be done we have done the crowds to death and pissed around the subject I know loads of football fans that follow other teams so have to get real and it not our money either.

So we either accept we are a very small team and go down to a level we can mantain or totally be different!

I love watching quality players and the lads we have brought in have performed great so dont see problem?

Get rid of the shit and bring quality in and I tell you what with Deano in charge the man management side is taken care off!

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 21, 2011, 10:36:25 am by nightporter »
the likes of Sharp will be gone in January.

To be replaced by someone better on £2000 a week?  Great work. There's not much loyalty in football anymore, most players are mercenaries.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 21, 2011, 10:38:15 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"jucyberry\" post=192978
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=192941

you missed out:

So , how do you lot, who do go to as many games as physically possible.. who turn out come wind and rain and shit results feel about being dismissed as nothing, because it made me so mad for you all.. I can't count myself amongst you in that, as I don't get to games (hense the you lot)....

My opinion, for what it's worth... Rovers has been sold for quick results to a devil who cares not a jot for our team or the Rovers name and ethos, SOD had to go, as this style of Del Boy shenanigans isn't his style either... McKay it seems doesn't want a manager with a mind, he wants a puppet.. a yes man who will just pump through his players for his own profit. I truly hope I'm wrong, and I know the mail is a bag of crap paper... But there is always a BUT... isn't there?

My thoughts entirely, this could go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong, a massive, massive gamble with a chancer at the helm!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 21, 2011, 10:39:56 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"nightporter\" post=192981
the likes of Sharp will be gone in January.

To be replaced by someone better on £2000 a week?  Great work. There's not much loyalty in football anymore, most players are mercenaries.

Replaced with someone who will be around for a few months?
No thanks.

If this goes tits up, I hope JR is read for the back lash.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 21, 2011, 10:40:52 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=192980

Frosty something needs to be done we have done the crowds to death and pissed around the subject I know loads of football fans that follow other teams so have to get real and it not our money either.

So we either accept we are a very small team and go down to a level we can mantain or totally be different!

I love watching quality players and the lads we have brought in have performed great so dont see problem?

Get rid of the shit and bring quality in and I tell you what with Deano in charge the man management side is taken care off!

You base that comment on what?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012