Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:47:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SO'D and Pompey  (Read 3040 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
SO'D and Pompey
« on October 24, 2011, 11:55:38 am by The Red Baron »
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_3_doncaster_rovers_1_1_3178473

It would appear he is still very much in contention for the job. However, I didn't realise he'd been interviewed before. If it was before Cotterill was appointed then we're talking around the end of the 2009-10 season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: SO'D and Pompey
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2011, 12:07:46 pm by Alickismyhero »
RB,
Sean and Richard get my full support and I hope they get the Portsmouth job. I am desperate to see what they can produce with greater financial control. Who will have the last laugh? I think my money is on Noisey!!!!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2011, 12:09:20 pm by Filo »
Interesting, that seems to suggest that he was looking to get away for some time, possibly not as honourable as some on here would have you believe!

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2011, 12:27:45 pm by Mark Mccammon »
Well yes if Burnley could have afforded him he'd have gone the other year.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2011, 12:50:20 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=193880
Interesting, that seems to suggest that he was looking to get away for some time, possibly not as honourable as some on here would have you believe!

If he was given permission to speak to Portsmouth then I don't think it reflects on his honour. My surprise was that (unlike the Burnley and Sheffield United approaches) we never heard anything about it at the time.

I, too, think he will be a success when he moves to a new club. He will have learned a lot from his experiences at Rovers- not least from the last few months!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2011, 01:14:25 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I, too, think he will be a success when he moves to a new club. He will have learned a lot from his experiences at Rovers- not least from the last few months!

really he never learned to teache players how to defend set peices or get the players fitter like all other teams or buy players who arnt crocks or not going to fight for the points as we can see now or not having a plan b how many times have thease things let us down and lost us games he never lernt from it i think that was his down fall great manager but to stubbern or ignorant to lern from his and the teams mistakes thats why it went wrong he wont lern from it

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 24, 2011, 02:09:03 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"sedwardsdrfc\" post=193894

really he never learned to teache players how to defend set peices or get the players fitter like all other teams or buy players who arnt crocks or not going to fight for the points as we can see now or not having a plan b how many times have thease things let us down and lost us games he never lernt from it i think that was his down fall great manager but to stubbern or ignorant to lern from his and the teams mistakes thats why it went wrong he wont lern from it

You`ll never get past Key Stage 1 with a piece like that! :P

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2011, 02:12:49 pm by vaya »
It is without doubt one of the worse pieces of English ever committed to this forum, and that includes the attempted invasion by Bristol City fans a few years ago.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2011, 02:18:06 pm by Wellred »
Personally I hope he gets the job. Then we only have 2 other teams to worry about.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 24, 2011, 02:21:19 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
ffs i wont be joining the spelling forum then but seen as though it is a football forum i thought i wouldent matter if i was to write things out quickly as long as they were readable i shall consult my dictionary before every post from now on :headbang: :zzz:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 24, 2011, 02:25:53 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193905
Personally I hope he gets the job. Then we only have 2 other teams to worry about.

I agree. After all, he has a terrible track record of keeping teams in the Championship, doesn't he?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 24, 2011, 02:30:13 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=193908
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193905

I agree. After all, he has a terrible track record of keeping teams in the Championship, doesn't he?

Ha ha ha I wondered who would take the bait first.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 24, 2011, 02:32:18 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"sedwardsdrfc\" post=193906
ffs i wont be joining the spelling forum then but seen as though it is a football forum i thought i wouldent matter if i was to write things out quickly as long as they were readable i shall consult my dictionary before every post from now on :headbang: :zzz:

And there`s the point! a bit of punctuation would make it so much easier to read, regardless of the spelling.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 24, 2011, 02:44:49 pm by The L J Monk »
Taking a page right out of the Wellred book of pointless arguments, Sean O'Driscoll had a win ratio with us of 36.19%. At only 33.33% Dean Saunders is proving himself to be a worse manager.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 24, 2011, 02:48:09 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=193915
Taking a page right out of the Wellred book of pointless arguments, Sean O'Driscoll had a win ratio with us of 36.19%. At only 33.33% Dean Saunders is proving himself to be a worse manager.

Why did you wait to post it?

If you had posted that after the first game he would have had a 100% record.

Taken from the LJ Monk book of ridiculous responses.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 24, 2011, 02:50:29 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=193917

Why did you wait to post it?

If you had posted that after the first game he would have had a 100% record.

Taken from the LJ Monk book of ridiculous responses.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I don't deal in \"ifs\". I deal in facts.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 24, 2011, 02:56:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Actually you should compare like for like.  I believe after 6 league games in charge, O'Driscoll had a win percentage of 0%, this means Saunders is better doesn't it?  :chair:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 24, 2011, 03:02:36 pm by The L J Monk »
If I wanted to create a sound, reasoned argument then yes I would compare like with like (and note that Sean won 2 of his first 6 Championship fixtures...33%).

However, I'm adopting the Wellred approach so I'll ignore anything that would undermine my argument, but include anything that would benefit it whilst ignoring the context.

For example. Comparing the five games in the league that Saunders has had this season with last season (Blackpool weren't in it obviously) Sean took 11 points. Saunders only has 7 points. Much worse.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 24, 2011, 03:40:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
wow you've really got it in 4 wellred

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 24, 2011, 03:46:34 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"sedwardsdrfc\" post=193939
wow you've really got it in 4 wellred

Not exclusively. My misanthropy knows no bounds.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 24, 2011, 04:10:36 pm by ditch_drfc »
Hope he gets the job. He deserves it

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 24, 2011, 04:20:05 pm by weststander »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=193877
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_3_doncaster_rovers_1_1_3178473

It would appear he is still very much in contention for the job. However, I didn't realise he'd been interviewed before. If it was before Cotterill was appointed then we're talking around the end of the 2009-10 season.

Didn't JR say in an interview that he thought Sean might have gone in the close season, presumably the last one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012