Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:00:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we going to survive  (Read 2094 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Are we going to survive
« on October 24, 2011, 12:57:34 pm by godlike1 »
Well I do like my contencious messages, :boxing: :boxing:

I'm fed up at losing all the time but unlike our 1st season where I had hope and believe the way we were playing would come good which it eventaully did, im just not feeling it at the min

Thought I'd put it out there and ask the question, are there 3 teams worse than us in this league? and I'm not talking about on paper, i mean on form current ability:aok: :clapping: :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Are we going to survive
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2011, 01:04:02 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"godlike1\" post=193890
Well I do like my contencious messages, :boxing: :boxing:

I'm fed up at losing all the time but unlike our 1st season where I had hope and believe the way we were playing would come good which it eventaully did, im just not feeling it at the min

Thought I'd put it out there and ask the question, are there 3 teams worse than us in this league? and I'm not talking about on paper, i mean on form current ability:aok: :clapping: :rtid:

Hard to say based on the fact I've seen some good and bad performances from ourselves and only small glimpses of other teams.

Based on who we have played and what I have seen on the few Championship live games:
Bristol City are worse than us. Coventry are diabolical. Forest were worse than us but the change in manager should see them right. Watford are worse than us.

Given how things have started Saunders doesn't fancy many of our current crop but he's still got to muddle enough points out of them to be in touch by January.  I think we can stay up but who knows how this new approach will pay off.

Mark Mccammon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2011, 01:06:47 pm by Mark Mccammon »
Can't see it with our midfield tbh. We've gone from having the best in the league (1st season) to the worst. We have never replaced Wellens.
Be nice to see Mason and Woods play in the middle with Stock behind them. We'd have 2 box to box players then. Get Barnes playing to his best and Coppinger and Sharp it shouldn't be a problem.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2011, 01:31:24 pm by firestarter »
No.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2011, 02:33:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, last time we had a sovereign debt crisis and a problem with countries tied into an unsuitable common currency, it resulted in the Great Depression and World War II. So, going by the historical precedent, I reckon there's probably 54 million of us not going to survive...

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2011, 03:25:31 pm by godlike1 »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=193912
Well, last time we had a sovereign debt crisis and a problem with countries tied into an unsuitable common currency, it resulted in the Great Depression and World War II. So, going by the historical precedent, I reckon there's probably 54 million of us not going to survive...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 24, 2011, 03:57:34 pm by SkellowRover »
If we don't beat Coventry on Saturday then we are seriously up shit creek without a paddle imho, maybe 7 points from 3 games was the 'new manager' factor that most clubs have? whicj has now gone.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2011, 04:07:41 pm by grayx »
I think Bristol City, Coventry + 1 other.. Theres a group of possibles of which we are one of, together with Watford,Barnsley & Portsmouth.
I'm hopeful we'l be ok,but that might change if we don't win on Saturday.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2011, 04:13:04 pm by ditch_drfc »
I hope we do survive, i really do.

But no, i honestly don't think we will. I can't see us staying up if we don't get results. It's alright walking away from a game saying \"we played really well and didn't deserve to lose\", when the fact is, we did lose (talking about blackpool), we did concede a silly goal in the last minute. Saying we didn't deserve to lose isn't a winning mentality, it's a pass the buck mentality!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 24, 2011, 04:40:23 pm by weststander »
Quote from: \"grayx\" post=193950
I think Bristol City, Coventry + 1 other.. Theres a group of possibles of which we are one of, together with Watford,Barnsley & Portsmouth.
I'm hopeful we'l be ok,but that might change if we don't win on Saturday.

All the more reason to sing our heads off for the lads on Saturday
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 24, 2011, 04:43:55 pm by Mr1Croft »
Are we going to survive in the Championship?

Or

Are we going to survive as a football club when McKays finished and decides to try it again with Grimsby (apparently the chips are much better)?

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 24, 2011, 07:12:10 pm by streatham dave »
Yes we will

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 24, 2011, 08:25:11 pm by DonnyNoel »
I find it so hard to predict these things based on what happened in that first season at this level - I was convinced we were down after the Wolves game. Also by Xmas we had already lost to the teams near the bottom so I wouldn't even write us off after a defeat to Coventry.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012