Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:50:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Has he changed his tune ?  (Read 1745 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
Re: Has he changed his tune ?
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2011, 08:20:29 pm by rover-n-out »
I don't think it's a matter of JR changing his tune, more like \"F*ck it, what's good for the Goose, is good for the Gander\".

He probably still feels the same, only thinking \"Sod it, if the same situation is offered to us, and we can afford to do it, then let's take advantage of it\".
Nowt wrong with that in my book.

We clearly couldn't afford to have Bellamy here, but if Bellamy himself had said \"I want to go to Donny, get some games under my belt and get paid a couple of grand a week, and see what comes up when the transfer window opens\", what would JR have said then, I wonder.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2011, 08:24:47 pm by Wellred »
Getting pretty desperate aren't we?

Forget the whose right and whose opinion is right or wrong don't you think you are scraping the barrel now?

I-was-there1976

« Reply #3 on October 24, 2011, 08:42:20 pm by I-was-there1976 »
\"I'm galled to have had City's money playing against me, particularly as I was a substantial shareholder and helped the youth team by sponsoring their lunches before I sold my shareholding to Thaksin Shinawatra. But what chance has a young player coming through at Eastlands? Stephen Ireland and Nedum Onuoha were released recently, despite showing promise.

The loan system should be about sending out youngsters to become better footballers. That's what we do. Last year we took Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal and Jordan Mutch from Birmingham.\"

Im not the one getting desperate.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2011, 09:31:54 pm by ditch_drfc »
Yet another thread started just to slag off JR - the best thing ever to happen to this club.

Surprise surprise, sometimes JR changes his opinion. At the end of the day, this league is dog eat dog. To survive the jungle you gotta fight like an animal. All this sideswiping of JR is completely unnecessary, and often unprovoked. We don't need another thread telling us how he's changed the way the club's run.

Give it a break eh.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 25, 2011, 09:58:06 am by RoversAlias »
He isn't wrong though, is he? Why just come into the thread and slag him off for daring to point out something that reflects poorly on the great John Ryan. i-was-there1976 stated that Ryan has changed his tune, and backed it up. He clearly doesn't feel that the loan system is about developing youngsters anymore, when he did last season and that right there is the very example of changing your tune.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 25, 2011, 11:28:04 am by BRMC_rover »
The long and short of those comments from JR were that as we attempted to build a team organically, Cardiff, despite recent serious financial problems manager to engineer a loan move for Bellamy and paid a large proportion of his wages whilst he was there. We are paying a max of £2k per week to players who are earning alot more than £2k at their parent clubs. Nothing wrong with that, shrewd business if you ask me. End of topic.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012