Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:36:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: All these superstars signing...  (Read 2416 times)

MartinB

All these superstars signing...
« on October 24, 2011, 08:54:00 pm by MartinB »
Despite all the speculation who have we actually got?

A left back from another Championship clubs reserve team
A Right back that couldn't find a club
Oh and we got an injury prone keeper who proved he is still injury prone

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
Re: All these superstars signing...
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2011, 08:56:34 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"MartinB\" post=194024
Despite all the speculation who have we actually got?

A left back from another Championship clubs reserve team
A Right back that couldn't find a club
Oh and we got an injury prone keeper who proved he is still injury prone

My thoughts exactly.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2011, 09:03:01 pm by Wellred »
They might not be superstars but they are the best 2 fullbacks at the club by a mile.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2011, 09:13:19 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=194028
They might not be superstars but they are the best 2 fullbacks at the club by a mile.

Thats on the  judgement of 3 and 2 games in which we've conceded 8 goals in 3 games whereas with the \"inferior\" fullbacks that preceded them we conceded 3 goals in 3 games

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2011, 09:47:37 pm by ditch_drfc »
This forum has been an absolute joke lately.

On one side, we have those that just want to pull down JR and the new regime at any possible opportunity. Any new player, they're not good enough.

On the other side, we've got people who can't see the wood for the trees. Because they called for SOD's head so much, they daren't admit that the alternative may not be much better.

People need to start getting a shot of reality. New players will help. A new regime might not mean the apocalypse. But it doesn't mean that it's th best thing since sliced bread either.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2011, 09:56:31 pm by bedale rover »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=194046

On one side, we have those that just want to pull down JR and the new regime at any possible opportunity. Any new player, they're not good enough.

On the other side, we've got people who can't see the wood for the trees. Because they called for SOD's head so much, they daren't admit that the alternative may not be much better.

People need to start getting a shot of reality. New players will help. A new regime might not mean the apocalypse. But it doesn't mean that it's th best thing since sliced bread either.

succinct and to the point todays \"cut through all the bullshit\" award :thumbsup:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 24, 2011, 10:06:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Great post! Had it up to here with our fans and if anyone ripping the club to pieces its the fans...no one else!

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2011, 10:09:03 pm by VixDRFC »

Hey I'm not saying that our new players are no good, I'm just pointing out that the results don't support the fact that the new full backs are the best by a mile

When Saunders came in I had an open mind, what he said at the Alliance meeting supported that, but it doesn't mean I don't have reservations and it doesnt mean I'm wrong to have reservations. I came across one supporter who'd demanded Sod's head for months, now he's blaming the team, who will be next?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2011, 10:34:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
Vix is just presenting the facts. She didn't rip into the new players, and neither am I  for that matter. But, unlike some, she is also not ripping into the current squad.

Double standards really, telling people to not rip into Saunders, JR, Willy McKay or new players, but then bemoaning the current squad? :facepalm:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 24, 2011, 10:44:18 pm by Barmby Rover »
I am not too sure the squad is the problem, it is the way they are being told to play. The best game we have had when DS has had total control over the team.....Blackpool. Why? It was so windy that we had to play football on the floor. Portsmouth, Leeds? High balls going forward trying to reach a small (in comparison to center halves) striker. I agree with Saunders, we have to move forward quickly to threaten the goal of the opposition, but we HAVE to play football. That is not happening.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 24, 2011, 11:05:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=194063
I am not too sure the squad is the problem, it is the way they are being told to play. The best game we have had when DS has had total control over the team.....Blackpool. Why? It was so windy that we had to play football on the floor. Portsmouth, Leeds? High balls going forward trying to reach a small (in comparison to center halves) striker. I agree with Saunders, we have to move forward quickly to threaten the goal of the opposition, but we HAVE to play football. That is not happening.

The performance on Saturday was at times sub-Leeds. Combination of being brushed aside in midfield and literally no clue going forward other than lofting balls over the head of Billy and hoping Bennett could make some head way coming in from the wing.

SOD, McKay, JR, Marmaduke, Diouf all totally irrelevant at this moment in time. The only question we need answering from Saunders is what is our strategy? Because from what I have seen there ain't anything obvious let alone particularly effective.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 25, 2011, 08:27:25 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=194066
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=194063

The performance on Saturday was at times sub-Leeds. Combination of being brushed aside in midfield and literally no clue going forward other than lofting balls over the head of Billy and hoping Bennett could make some head way coming in from the wing.

SOD, McKay, JR, Marmaduke, Diouf all totally irrelevant at this moment in time. The only question we need answering from Saunders is what is our strategy? Because from what I have seen there ain't anything obvious let alone particularly effective.

Did you really think that by appointing a new manager it would bring instant success?
He needs to see who can play and who can't. I think most of us agree that our problems lie in midfield and this has been the case for some time. He has said he will give ALL the players a chance. Maybe now he knows how some players have been strolling through games he (or if you prefer Willie McKay) might bring in some midfield players with balls to keep us in this division?

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 25, 2011, 08:31:25 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=194028

Not a chance! I would have Tommy Spuur instead of that malteser head Illunga any day!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 25, 2011, 08:58:25 am by Wellred »
All about opinions eh ;)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 25, 2011, 10:17:31 am by RoversAlias »
Malteser-head? :huh:

Anyway...people are getting a bit ahead of themselves here. One on hand - how on earth can you criticise this so-called 'new regime' after about a week of it being in place? Saying \"oh look its only gotten us these two rubbish players\" after 8 months, but it's barely started? And Ilunga can't have been that much of a reserve player for West Ham, I seem to remember him playing ust about the whole game against us 8 weeks ago!?

And you cannot write those two players off because we've conceded 8 goals in the 3 games they've played, as if that was entirely down to them. We shipped 3 against Leeds and only had one good player all night - funnily enough that was Ilunga. Is it also a coincidence that the prevailing opinion from tuesday night was that Chimbonda was our best player?

And yet on the other hand...you cannot at all praise the new signings as great and far better than our other crop. It makes it look (to me at least) like you're just saying that to justify the fact that every single post you now make is staunchly pro-regime.

It's been about two weeks. It's been about 3 games. These judgements cannot be made yet.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 25, 2011, 10:35:59 am by DearneValleyRover »
The only time we can make a proper judgement on this is in May. If we stay up and reduce the wage bill it worked, if neither of there happen it will not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012