Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:15:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Assistant....?  (Read 1694 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Assistant....?
« on September 23, 2011, 06:08:19 pm by ditch_drfc »
Couple of questions,

1) Anybody got an idea who Saunders' assistant manager will be? And his backroom staff? Not really sure of his history and that.

2) I read that Saunders is the assistant manager of Wales? Is this still the case?

Fingers crossed for a cracking result to kick start the DS era tomorrow

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Assistant....?
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2011, 06:10:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
2.  He's not, he was assistant to Toshack not Speed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2011, 06:12:25 pm by Filo »
Well I`ve been beside the phone all day and no contact yet, so it looks like I`m out of the frame! :(

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2011, 06:15:18 pm by scuzzer »
If there's one good thing to come out of this he'll surely give a new physio a crack, perhaps the only way you could justify the treatment SoD has had would be his blind faith supporting Dr Death.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2011, 06:47:13 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=185049
2.  He's not, he was assistant to Toshack not Speed.

Cheers for clearing that up. Good job he's not, we need all the concentration we can get at the moment!

Dare2Dream

« Reply #5 on September 23, 2011, 07:13:32 pm by Dare2Dream »
Wasn't Gareth Taylor assistant at Wrexham for a time a few years ago? When Saunders first took over? You never know, he might be coming back... :headbang:

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2011, 07:18:44 pm by Dare to dream! »
If there's one good thing to come out of this he'll surely give a new physio a crack, perhaps the only way you could justify the treatment SoD has had would be his blind faith supporting Dr Death.

He treats the players not give them the injuries you egg

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2011, 07:22:50 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=185080

You mean he gives them boxes of miniature hero`s and things like that? ;)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2011, 07:25:49 pm by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=185083

He's certainly shit at getting them back on the pitch but as long as they've got chocolates and an egg for Easter i guess that's fine.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2011, 07:26:30 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=185083

Range Rovers if you're Gary Woods ;)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2011, 07:36:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"Dare2Dream\" post=185079
Wasn't Gareth Taylor assistant at Wrexham for a time a few years ago? When Saunders first took over? You never know, he might be coming back... :headbang:

I believe he's still playing at Wrexham now actually. Don't think this will be an incoming Hayter-style signing from the manager's previous club though, somehow.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2011, 09:14:47 pm by The Red Baron »
Gareth Taylor has just taken a job with Manchester City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14908104.stm
Page last updated at 20:09 GMT, Tuesday, 13 September 2011 21:09 UK

Wrexham's Gareth Taylor to join Man City as coach

Gareth Taylor's playing career with Wrexham has ended after he accepted a coaching job with Manchester City.

The 38-year-old striker, who spent three years on City's books earlier in his career, will work on the club's project to nurture players from Dubai.

Taylor will work alongside another former Wrexham striker, Neil Roberts.

\"The pull was very big and obviously I understood I couldn't carry on playing for ever,\" said Taylor, who has played one game for the Dragons this season.

\"It's the perfect stepping stone. I've worked at first-team level at Wrexham, which is great, and hopefully I see myself going to first-team level again one day.

\"But for the time being this does give me a really good grounding.\"

Taylor said he has been preparing for a career as a coach since he turned 30 and he thanked Wrexham manager Dean Saunders for giving him more coaching responsibility at the club over recent months.

\"I've had a great education at Wrexham, especially working closely with Dean this season,\" added the former Wales international.

\"He's given me a great opportunity by taking coaching sessions myself.

\"But when the opportunity came along last week [from City] it was one I couldn't turn down.\"

Taylor will be on familiar ground when he starts his new work. The generously funded City academy is based at the Platt Lane complex where he once trained with the first team.

\"You wouldn't recognise the place now from when I used to train there,\" said Taylor, who made 56 appearances for City between 1998 to 2001.

City's wealth has changed also beyond all recognition since Taylor's days playing in League One in a dilapidated Maine Road.

The financial contrast between his new employers and Wrexham could hardly be starker either as Taylor leaves a club still teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

But, with new owners on the verge of taking over and the club occupying top spot in the Blue Square Bet Premier after eight games, the nomadic striker feels the future in bright for the Dragons.

\"I think the club is going places,\" he said.

\"If they can keep hold of Dean - I know clubs will be circling because he's done some really good things - then they can be successful this season.\"  

The last para suggests a future career as a fortune-teller if he doesn't cut it as a coach!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012