Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:34:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Green  (Read 38552 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Green
« Reply #60 on July 13, 2016, 04:26:54 pm by drfchound »
Get Paul Green signed up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 13, 2016, 05:49:58 pm by Donnywolf »
Get Paul Green signed up.

Yeah .... Peter Kitchen is my all time favourite player but I think he was about to be deposed if Greeny had made one more start for us in The Championship

However he had to look after himself and so ironically played against us in what could have been THE game at Derby. I still think the reception he got that day was moving and emotional. I know I will remember it forever and the Green Balloons were an inspirational touch. Pity we had to win and spoil his day

So if he comes back I for one will be as chuffed as a chuffy thing. Sign him up  !

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 13, 2016, 06:46:57 pm by Bezza »
No brainer for me, would improve us as a team and would surely boost our confidence and has played in the championship at full back.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 13, 2016, 06:51:27 pm by nortikorner »
Quote from: Dare to dream! on Today at 12:54:20 PM
I'd rather see McCullough start in the holding role and focus on long term rather than having Greeny there for 1 year.

But Green can play football now LM I wait to be convinced
Totally Agree Greeny a lot better Footballer

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 13, 2016, 07:00:25 pm by Filo »
Think it's time for Keegan to go, too injury prone but imagin it would be tough to find a club to take him off our hands

Matteoni was considered too injury prone because he'd had two prvious ACL injuries, Greeny has had two previous ACL injuries, so by that definition would replacing the injury prone Keegan with the injury prone Greeny be wise?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 13, 2016, 07:10:37 pm by PDX_Rover »
He's looks in good shape. Great lad. Chatted with him on many occasions and one of my favourite Rovers players. Now he is, I think, a legend IMO. How fitting it would be to bookend his career with Rovers eh?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 13, 2016, 07:12:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
Think it's time for Keegan to go, too injury prone but imagin it would be tough to find a club to take him off our hands

Matteoni was considered too injury prone because he'd had two prvious ACL injuries, Greeny has had two previous ACL injuries, so by that definition would replacing the injury prone Keegan with the injury prone Greeny be wise?

Each player is different though. An ACL may be a major recurring issue for one player but not necessarily for another. Definitely WAP on Greeny.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 13, 2016, 07:38:25 pm by Donnybax »
Get rid of keegan and sign greeny. No brainier for me.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 13, 2016, 07:43:51 pm by Danmckay456 »
Keegan is very lucky he got offered a 3 year deal in the first place , steady player but I wouldn't hold my breath he would feature much this season and it might be his swansong in the red and white if Greeny gets signed up .

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 13, 2016, 07:49:38 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I saw him in Benidorm in May and told him how much I loved watching him play for us when I was growing up. Should have seen the look on his face. Like a kid on Christmas morning.

He'll sign for us and I'll be doing backflips when he does.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 13, 2016, 08:41:36 pm by RedJ »
Why are people under the impression that we'd be getting shut of Keegan if we signed Green? if he did come, we'd more than likely have both.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 13, 2016, 08:51:39 pm by Danmckay456 »
I'm not saying get rid but you've got to put Green and McCullough in front of Keegan if his niggling injuries keep him on the sidelines in the last season of his contract he needs to be playing as much as possible otherwise he's going to be in danger of being released , long way off mind 😜

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 13, 2016, 09:11:54 pm by RedJ »
I'm not saying anybody in particular has said this, but the way people are going on, you'd think Keegan will disappear into the ether or something if Green signed.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 13, 2016, 09:18:34 pm by Lesonthewest »
Green is a marked improvement on any other like for like player in that position, therefore if we are serious about promotion & finances allow, it would be madness not to attempt to sign him.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 13, 2016, 09:48:22 pm by Rovers91 »
Green would be a good signing and it would be great to see him back in a rovers shirt on a regular basis. But I would try and get him in a midfield with Rowe and McCullough because that would be lethal, I think LM has potential to be quality in that holding role.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 13, 2016, 10:19:26 pm by drfchound »

Didn't Greeny make almost 30 appearances for Rotherham last season?
Surely that proves his fitness.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 14, 2016, 06:43:37 am by IDM »
It's a yes from me, as an addition to the squad..

33 is not too old for a lad of Greeny's quality..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 14, 2016, 07:58:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm less confident about Keegan and Greeny's ability to recover and get back to defend when possesstion is lost, than McCullough's.

None are blessed with great pace however the younger player has the edge. I'm sure Greeny could bring many positives but could be an expensive understudy to McCullough and may be more at risk of injury. I don't think we should be breaking the bank to sign him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 14, 2016, 08:14:11 am by Alan Southstand »
So who do you go for instead?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 14, 2016, 08:22:25 am by RoversAlias »
I'm less confident about Keegan and Greeny's ability to recover and get back to defend when possesstion is lost, than McCullough's.

None are blessed with great pace however the younger player has the edge. I'm sure Greeny could bring many positives but could be an expensive understudy to McCullough and may be more at risk of injury. I don't think we should be breaking the bank to sign him.

Does he actually have the edge though? I haven't seen Green in a while but McCullough is one of the slowest players on the run I've seen in a Rovers shirt for the past couple of seasons. I agree that we shouldn't break the bank for Green though, nice as it'd be to have him back.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 14, 2016, 08:33:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, McCullough isn't the quickest but I think he's marginally quicker. I saw one of Rotherham's matches towards end of season when they got beat quite badly and Greeny was all over the place. Gave the ball away and couldn't recover. I'd hate to seem him labelled with the "One touch, slide tackle" tag again.

Maybe the friendly v Boro on Saturday might give DF better food for thought.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 14, 2016, 12:58:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Put him in a 3 of McCullough and Rowe and we're well balanced.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 14, 2016, 01:13:51 pm by Dare to dream! »
McCullough has to be starting for me in midfield. He's shown he can play the role (and well imo) we need to give him games so he can develop further.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 14, 2016, 03:01:08 pm by roversdude »
Initially on loan I hope

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 14, 2016, 03:09:56 pm by drfchound »
I thought Greeny is a free agent right now.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 14, 2016, 03:17:27 pm by Wild Rover »
He IS!

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 14, 2016, 04:22:58 pm by swintonrover »
My cousin bumped into him in the club shop earlier along with Copps and apparently they were buying shirts for their kids... 2+2=5?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 14, 2016, 04:35:22 pm by Bessie Red »
My lad just sent me pic with Copps & Greeny in the club shop & he stated the same about buying kit for their kids.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 14, 2016, 05:46:10 pm by jonnydog »
... Bet they didn't spend £110 between them. Unlike some daft Kitsons on her :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012