Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:20:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joe Murphy  (Read 2674 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Joe Murphy
« on October 16, 2010, 06:32:16 pm by mushRTID »
Anyone else see him pick the ball out of his net then belt it straight at the lads celebrating Jimmys goal? Jimmy wasnt best pleased either.

What a dick!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re:Joe Murphy
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2010, 06:34:48 pm by VikingJames »
I'd have him at the Rovers though, no question.

I was sat quite close to the goal, and he took the banter with the Rovers fans quite well tbh.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2010, 07:33:30 pm by RobTheRover »
He's a quality keeper, and doesnt like getting beaten.

Cant fault that.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2010, 08:23:43 pm by i_ateallthepies »
VikingJames wrote:

I was sat quite close to the goal, and he took the banter with the Rovers fans quite well tbh.

So he lets three goals in with not much else to do and you'd have him at the Rovers because he can take banter off the oppo fans? :huh:  wtf????

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on October 16, 2010, 08:29:04 pm by VikingJames »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

So he lets three goals in with not much else to do and you'd have him at the Rovers because he can take banter off the oppo fans? :huh:  wtf????

:headbang:

No, I didn't say that did I. I'd have him at the Rovers because he is a good goalkeeper.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 16, 2010, 08:44:52 pm by Donnywolf »
... I LOVE the fact that no goal is EVER his fault

Just watch him b***ock anyone around him for not doing \"something\" - yes he is a miserable cnut

For a miserable cnut he is not bad between the sticks though and his save from BS in first half was \"not bad\" he said grudgingly

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 16, 2010, 08:45:01 pm by DaveDRFC »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

Not much else to do? Guessing you weren't at the game then as he played very well and kept the score respectable in the second half. He's also one of the best keepers I've ever seen with the ball at his feet, brilliant at dealing with backpasses.

Would definitely have him here next season in a heartbeat, quality keeper.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 16, 2010, 10:10:20 pm by vaya »
He's got to be getting fed up playing for Scunny - the novelty of having people hurl abuse at him from three feet away every home game has to have worn off now.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2010, 12:25:21 am by Thinwhiteduke »
One of the best Keepers in the division - how he's still at that mickey mouse club is beyond me.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2010, 08:26:11 am by Al4475 »
Murphy, Loach, Westwood and now Schmeichel plus our dear old grandaddy of the lot are the class acts in this division in my opinion - altho' I'll be honest and admit maybe my rovers tinted glasses are on with the last one!

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2010, 07:45:58 pm by redrover19 »
DONNYWOLF wrote:
... I LOVE the fact that no goal is EVER his fault

Just watch him b***ock anyone around him for not doing \"something\" - yes he is a miserable cnut

if the other team can get through the 10 players in front of him what chance has the keeper got.
answer: not much

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2010, 07:50:35 pm by Al4475 »
It's never a goalkeepers' fault! Rule number 1 in the Encyclopedia of goalkeeping! If the players in front of you had all done their jobs - there'd never be a shot on goal! Simples! :laugh:

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 17, 2010, 10:48:56 pm by BRMC_rover »
vaya wrote:
He's got to be getting fed up playing for Scunny - the novelty of having people hurl abuse at him from three feet away every home game has to have worn off now.

Ha ha. Top post. Peterborough keeper and also former Scunthorpe keeper Josh Lilis also may be worth a look if the posh dont get straight back up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012