Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:25:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Focus  (Read 2662 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Football Focus
« on October 23, 2010, 12:15:18 pm by watto-drfc »
just going to watch Football Focus, will we get a mention or will it be all Rooney?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:Football Focus
« Reply #1 on October 23, 2010, 12:16:09 pm by RobTheRover »
Rooney

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 23, 2010, 12:24:14 pm by DonnyRTID »
Or Portsmouth.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 23, 2010, 12:25:43 pm by watto-drfc »
the boys are on, naked as well?????????

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2010, 12:42:52 pm by DonnyRTID »
watto-drfc wrote:
the boys are on, naked as well?????????

Really. :thumbsup:  :woohoo:

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2010, 01:01:05 pm by watto-drfc »
shocking no match preview. no interviews on what will be a tough local derby

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2010, 01:08:18 pm by DonnyRTID »
watto-drfc wrote:
shocking no match preview. no interviews on what will be a tough local derby

They're saving it for the main show.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 23, 2010, 01:09:54 pm by watto-drfc »
yeah steve claridge talking all about sheffield united

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 23, 2010, 01:29:23 pm by DaveDRFC »
Why do people get so wound up about our lack of coverage? It's hardly the end of the world is it, I see it more of a bonus when we are on TV, not a right. I go to all the home games, some away and I can see all the goals from the games I miss on the BBC website. That's all I need to be honest. All this crap about only being on BBC2, not being featured on Football Focus, it's getting a bit tiresome really.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 23, 2010, 02:13:38 pm by DonnyRTID »
DaveDRFC wrote:
Why do people get so wound up about our lack of coverage? It's hardly the end of the world is it, I see it more of a bonus when we are on TV, not a right. I go to all the home games, some away and I can see all the goals from the games I miss on the BBC website. That's all I need to be honest. All this crap about only being on BBC2, not being featured on Football Focus, it's getting a bit tiresome really.

Publicity! :headbang:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 23, 2010, 02:22:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Exactly.

We bemoan the Rovers' media team not doing the club justice, but when Auntie Beeb does it too....

SOme folks might have watched an interesting, balanced preview of tonights game and thought \"I fancy going to that.\"

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 23, 2010, 02:37:14 pm by Rios »
RobTheRover wrote:
SOme folks might have watched an interesting, balanced preview of tonights game and thought \"I fancy going to that.\"

That makes no sense whatsoever.  Why would a \"non-die-hard\" supporter see a preview of a game being shown live for free on BBC2 and decide to pay £28 to watch it?  Blaming the BBC for failing to drum up interest in our games, when our marketing department have made little inroads since the initial surge when we moved grounds, smacks of passing the buck.

Should say that I completely missed the Middlesbrough v Leeds game that they covered as I saw no trailers or anything.  The Championship coverage is something the Beeb have picked up pretty cheaply and it's competing against other football (ie fans travelling home from their own games and ESPN) and also the primetime shows on the other channels (Crap Factor and that dancing malarkey).  I for one am pleased that it's football that I can watch (albeit I have to record it and watch when I get home, for free and resist the urge to give Murdoch any money.)  The fact that Donny are on it's neither here nor there for me as committed Rovers fans would be there regardless.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #12 on October 23, 2010, 02:38:18 pm by GM-MarkB »
DonnyRTID wrote:
DaveDRFC wrote:

Publicity! :headbang:

I'm with you on this Dave.

A 5 minute slot on Football Focus or The Football League Show isn't going to entice the 'floaters' in Doncaster to attend matches on a more regular basis...or even attend at all. Everyone in the Football World knows about DRFC and the accompanying story of the last decade and a bit, which inevitably is what National media services seem to still focus on. Rovers aren't a fairytale style story anymore, they should be associated more with a forward thinking, progressive club..... :dry:

What might do the trick is an aggressive, sustained, marketing campaign in the town and surrounding Borough, coupled with competitively priced ticketing.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 23, 2010, 10:25:44 pm by retford rover »
we are on ther potted history tonight on the football league show

VikingJames

« Reply #14 on October 24, 2010, 01:51:42 am by VikingJames »
I think overall we got some pretty good coverage today. Excellent coverage on the live game, a good stint on the FLS, and the potted history on there too.

You can't really complain about the coverage we got today. It was as good as any of the other teams in the division get.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012