Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:09:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bad news on the Save The Catt campaign  (Read 2658 times)

King Barnes

• Forum Member
Bad news on the Save The Catt campaign
« on July 11, 2011, 03:25:53 pm by King Barnes »
Sad news to report - unfortunately the Save The Catt campaign organised by fans on the forum proved fruitless - Peter Catt is no longer the sports editor of the Doncaster Free Press. He has been made redundant, cleared his desk and has now left the company.

It means the town has lost its most respected journalist when to comes to covering Doncaster Rovers.

Everyone at the club knew and liked him and knew he was talking sense when it came to all things Rovers.

It means that the Doncaster Free Press will now operate without a sports editor.

I know Peter was genuinely warmed and heartened by the feelings of Rovers supporters in trying to help him keep his job.

You can find out more at the link below

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2011/news/yorkshire-journalists-to-go-on-strike-from-friday/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
Re: Bad news on the Save The Catt campaign
« Reply #1 on July 11, 2011, 03:50:25 pm by Wade Falana »
Thats a shame Daz, nice bloke and knew his stuff when it came to Rovers. You lot all on strike then on Friday?

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 11, 2011, 03:51:45 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Terrible news.

He should be given a job in the Rovers media department. He would no doubt help to improve the website and programme.

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 11, 2011, 03:55:10 pm by King Barnes »
As it stands, yes. Indefinite strike due to start on Friday.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 11, 2011, 03:55:53 pm by graingrover »
would be nice to have him on rovers media team especially to do the interviews and match commentaries on player

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 11, 2011, 04:13:02 pm by RobTheRover »
And all Rovers supporters to boycott the DFPs prediction league.

The Bring Back Our Catt campaign status here!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 11, 2011, 04:35:02 pm by jonnydog »
I agree with Kenny, get him on the DROS payroll. Just what the Dr ordered!! (other than a groin x-ray!!)

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 11, 2011, 04:42:18 pm by King Barnes »
Oi, don't forget the rest of us LOL.

;o)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 11, 2011, 05:47:39 pm by Lesonthewest »
That's a real shame, should be invovlved with the club in some capacity, would be brilliant for the website.

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 12, 2011, 09:00:09 am by King Barnes »
I think he is considering his options at the moment - hopefully he will continue to be involved in Rovers in some capacity.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 12, 2011, 11:56:32 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Lesonthewest\" post=167216
That's a real shame, should be invovlved with the club in some capacity, would be brilliant for the website.

Agree wholeheartedly.

I'll be boycotting the Free Press from now on.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 12, 2011, 12:38:35 pm by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=167329
Quote from: \"Lesonthewest\" post=167216

Agree wholeheartedly.

I'll be boycotting the Free Press from now on.

I'll second that. When I say Boycott, I mean I'll stand in queue at Tescos when I do my 'big shop' and read the news before putting it down and not purchasing it. Win Win!!

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 12, 2011, 01:41:00 pm by King Barnes »
Anyone who would like to contribute to the debate can make their feelings known by sending an email to editorial@doncastertoday.co.uk

King Barnes

• Forum Member
Strike at Doncaster Free Press begins tomorrow
« Reply #13 on July 14, 2011, 02:32:21 pm by King Barnes »
Just to let you know, the indefinite strike at the Doncaster Free Press, Epworth Bells, South Yorkshire Times and Selby Times gets under way tomorrow in a fight over job cuts, office closures, increased workloads and a reduction in the quality of YOUR newspapers.

Follow updates by joining the South Yorkshire Newspapers (Doncaster) NUJ Chapel on Facebook, on Twitter @DoncasterNUJ or send messages of support to doncasternuj@gmail.com

If you would like to join the campaign against these cuts, please feel free to attend the picket line in Sunny Bar, sign the petition or write to John Fry, Chief Executive, Johnston Press Plc, 108 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh, EH8 8AS or by following the link http://www.johnstonpress.co.uk/jpplc/contactus/ to email.

Thank you for your support - help save your local newspapers, quality journalism and dedicated Rovers coverage.

RTID

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: Strike at Doncaster Free Press begins tomorrow
« Reply #14 on July 14, 2011, 08:02:13 pm by keyser_soze »
Not to diss the campaign at all, but surely there's a job for Peter at DRFC since Mortley left? I was embarrassed for the lad interviewing ROK at Armthorpe, 'good cop' ROK was completely bemused by his questions, wait till he interviews the 'bad cop' SO'D after a 3-0 home defeat!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Strike at Doncaster Free Press begins tomorrow
« Reply #15 on July 14, 2011, 08:09:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=167799
Not to diss the campaign at all, but surely there's a job for Peter at DRFC since Mortley left? I was embarrassed for the lad interviewing ROK at Armthorpe, 'good cop' ROK was completely bemused by his questions, wait till he interviews the 'bad cop' SO'D after a 3-0 home defeat!

I realise Peter is considering his options but  surely its an opportuniity that shouldn't be missed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012