Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:25:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket offer  (Read 2666 times)

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
Ticket offer
« on January 14, 2014, 10:30:32 pm by JonWallsend »
By chance I stumbled upon the birthday offer for Saturday's game. Was coming to the match anyway as its my Dad's 68th tomorrow and was going to get him his ticket.

Anyway following a few queries with the ticket office, who were brilliant as they always are in my experience of dealing with them, we have ended up paying £15 for mine, £5 for my son and his was gratis. I think £20 for 3 of us is a fantastic price

My only grievance is just how well publicised this offer has been. As a forum user I stumbled upon it. My dad who has attended over 15 games home and away this season, but tends to not frequent the Internet had no idea. It might just be our ignorance but irrespective I feel the club should be making people aware of it, as a few waiverers might just give it a go. I understand the offer is that the birthday boy/ girl goes free(providing they are already on the existing database) and can bring 5 more at £15 each.

Well done, now make sure people know.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket offer
« Reply #1 on January 14, 2014, 10:52:46 pm by MrFrost »
The club's marketing is still a shambles. Afraid to say.
While they have put the effort in to try and improve things, there is very little communication regarding ticketing offers. It will go on the Facebook page, and that's about it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 14, 2014, 10:53:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
By chance I stumbled upon the birthday offer for Saturday's game. Was coming to the match anyway as its my Dad's 68th tomorrow and was going to get him his ticket.

Anyway following a few queries with the ticket office, who were brilliant as they always are in my experience of dealing with them, we have ended up paying £15 for mine, £5 for my son and his was gratis. I think £20 for 3 of us is a fantastic price

My only grievance is just how well publicised this offer has been. As a forum user I stumbled upon it. My dad who has attended over 15 games home and away this season, but tends to not frequent the Internet had no idea. It might just be our ignorance but irrespective I feel the club should be making people aware of it, as a few waiverers might just give it a go. I understand the offer is that the birthday boy/ girl goes free(providing they are already on the existing database) and can bring 5 more at £15 each.

Well done, now make sure people know.

Snap, I saw the birthday offer on here and went in to get my lads freebie no problem getting it the only question I was asked was  "oh have you been rung up yet" my answer no I saw it on the vsc,

Yet again we come up with facebook, twitter, internet does not get to a lot of fans, spend some money and get the ruddy advert in the Free Press, use the sodding CRM system properly, for petes sake why can't he club realise the internet and phone is not the be all and end all

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 14, 2014, 10:59:12 pm by MrFrost »
Simple Dagneham. It costs nowt for them to put the ad on Facebook, and will probably think because the page has 18k likes, it will get the message across to all and sundry.

Don't expect to market effectively if you don't pay for it!

I'm sure we could brainstorm some ideas on how these offers could be communicated more effectively.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 15, 2014, 12:02:47 am by Drover »
What exactly is the offer guys?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 15, 2014, 12:23:38 am by bobjimwilly »
The club's marketing is still a shambles. Afraid to say.
While they have put the effort in to try and improve things, there is very little communication regarding ticketing offers. It will go on the Facebook page, and that's about it.

might be worth bringing up at the meet the owners event?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 15, 2014, 12:24:42 am by bobjimwilly »

if its your birthday in January you're entitled to a free ticket for this saturday and you're friends can get in for £15 (adults)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 15, 2014, 09:05:14 am by Donnybax »
I think that shows how good the marketing is...

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 15, 2014, 09:19:52 am by graingrover »
MR Frost .. if you have any positive suggestions as to how ticket offers could be better publicised I will be pleased to pass them on to the Marketing Department on your behalf.
  The club recently advertised the post of Media Manager too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:23:55 am by graingrover »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 15, 2014, 08:14:46 pm by deebee »
not media manager but media executive

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2014, 12:45:37 am by scaley back rover »
how about advertising at the game or acouple of games before that way it will capture our regulars who will spread the word to those they know who will be intrested

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2014, 06:47:23 am by GazLaz »
Couldn't they get Radio Sheffield to mention it or would that not be allowed due to their no advertising policy?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2014, 09:25:31 am by SLO@DRFC »
We will pass on all your thoughts to the club regarding the ticket offers.

Also, Happy Belated birthday to your dad Jon.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2014, 09:37:40 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
It was my little brothers birthday earlier in the month, do I need to bring proof of age for his free ticket? He should be registered on the system as he's previously had a season ticket.

Thanks in advance.

:scarf:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 16, 2014, 09:45:17 am by donnievic »
My birthday is in jan can I call at ticket office on sat and collect a free ticket although I am a season ticket holder

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 16, 2014, 09:49:30 am by Drover »

if its your birthday in January you're entitled to a free ticket for this saturday and you're friends can get in for £15 (adults)

Thanks  :thumbsup:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 16, 2014, 11:27:52 am by bobjimwilly »
It was my little brothers birthday earlier in the month, do I need to bring proof of age for his free ticket? He should be registered on the system as he's previously had a season ticket.

Thanks in advance.

:scarf:
My birthday is in jan can I call at ticket office on sat and collect a free ticket although I am a season ticket holder

if you ring the ticket office on 01302 762590 the staff are always helpful and will be able to answer your questions

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 16, 2014, 02:06:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »

My lads a season ticket holder and he got his ticket

TinyPortal © 2005-2012