Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:22:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Eh well  (Read 2665 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Eh well
« Reply #30 on June 28, 2016, 07:42:59 am by Metalmicky »
Tactics were awful though...

There were tactics.....?  :ohmy:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 28, 2016, 09:21:45 am by Jonathan »
Nothing to add about the ineptitude of that humiliation, other than to say I'll hold my hands up and back track over the faith I showed in that team faster than the disappearance of a Brexit pledge.

Absolute shambles.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 28, 2016, 09:28:01 am by Alan Southstand »
Sterling was brilliant in training!

Where have we heard that before? (cough - Lewis Guy - cough).

Back to putting in his Liverpool favourites, who have consistently proved they're not up to it. Spurs players burnt out, Rooney looking like a fish out of water, Hart the erratic headless chicken, Wilshere not fit/match fit...........

Mistakes made throughout the tournament - no game management - no management - no idea. And just to appease BST, the players were somewhere between average and appalling.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 28, 2016, 08:54:22 pm by BobG »
Yet, once again, the root of the problem lies with the FA.

Who appointed Hodgson? Who appointed them all right back to Keegan, Turnip Head and beyond? Who failed to heed the lessons of the last World Cup?  Who is it that puts style over substance to such continuing and awful effect?

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 29, 2016, 01:44:31 am by Sammy Chung was King »
While the money, continues to roll in, the national team, proper coaching lower down won't be changed. The fa continue to tell themselves ''We were just unlucky, ah well''!.
We had players who couldn't stand the pressure of battling iceland, for the opportunity to face france. In the group games, i saw it as a slight improvement, we were unbeaten unlike previous tournaments, but this game was too much for them.
Other countries have much more expectation on them, is not us fans. Most of us hoped for us to get out of the group, then see what happened.

Then we got iceland, and that should have been enough for us to battle past them to face france. Iceland knocked Holland out of qualifying, beating them home and away. They were unbeaten in the group games.
But still, we have champions league players, against a team that has a mixture of top , middle and bottom league standards. The iceland manager knows for all our blustering, when it comes down to it, we can't pass a ball under pressure.
He restricted the full backs influence, and got the ball quickly to the forwards. They were not even set up defensively, they had two up front.
When Wilshere came on, i knew it was over.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012