Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:35:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When I was a kid...  (Read 2720 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: When I was a kid...
« Reply #30 on May 10, 2023, 11:44:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »
There's a world of difference between a vague Vote of Confidence and the specific words Blunt used 35 days ago.

"(Schofield) will be given the opportunity to move forward next season with the additional resources provided by Terry."

Not "mumble, mumble... manager has our...mumble...full support".

Blunts comments were as clear and unambiguous a statement of intent as you'd ever hear in these circumstances.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 10, 2023, 11:47:44 am by TheFunk »
JR gave O'Driscoll the dreaded vote of confidence the very day before sacking him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 10, 2023, 11:52:06 am by Alan Southstand »
Question is, Billy, has the man, who uttered those words, gone himself? There are rumours!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 10, 2023, 11:54:59 am by danumdon »
Regardless to what Blunt said a month ago reality kicked in.

Comes across to me like Blunt finally relised that his own neck was getting too close to the noose and he needed to perform his required duties, ie, develop the best environment for his business to grow and prosper, the rash comment from a month ago was always going to fall by the wayside when it comes to cold hard cash.

The lack of said cash being produced and the prospects of even greater shortfalls occurring has finally awaken this sleeping sloth into action and earned his salary for that day.

Now lets see some fruits of the initial rectification.

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 10, 2023, 07:05:47 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Perhaps nothing more complicated than the preferred candidate was spoken to weeks ago and preferred to come in closed season to avoid being tarnished by the shambles of this season.

Why on earth would anyone blame any manager for not being able to get a tune out of the players we had available over the closing weeks of the season?

But you could also argue he failed to try anything genuinely different to get a tune out of those players. No change in style, no change in formation. He also kept picking a poor loanee over our own promising young striker, and made several other poor decisions during games with regards to subs or a lack of them. Maybe that's what led to this decision.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012