Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:44:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sticking the boot in  (Read 2706 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Sticking the boot in
« on February 18, 2010, 01:58:38 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Having spent a few hours browsing the ramblings of our feathery friends over at Owlstalk, two things are particularly noticeable.

1. Admiration for our style of football.

2. The number of posters from Donny who support Wednesday.

It's clear many are secretly regretting their rash decision to dump their local club in favour of short term glory and the misplaced belief that they had jumped on the premiership express.

Following yesterdays masterclass, we can now conclude that we have cleared this matter up to a satisfactory conclusion.

Is it now time to welcome home these poor souls?

I propose DRFC offers a special discount season ticket rate for Wednesday fans who wish to trade their Wednesday season ticket for a Rovers one.

Splash the offer all over billboards. Stick it on DROS for a week. Take ads out in the local press outlining our case. Maybe buy some ad space in Wednesdays match programme, or buy pitchside advertisement space at Hillsborough promoting the offer.  

The establishment is wobbling.

Lets stick the boot in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ryan B

• Forum Member
Re:Sticking the boot in
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2010, 08:09:28 am by Ryan B »
That's a smashing idea!

I put forward the following advertisement...

\"A message to all you Donny Blues,
 We're giving you the chance to choose...
 Pay to watch crappy football in a shed,
 Or come home and watch classy Rovers instead!\"

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2010, 09:12:52 am by sham69 »
It would be good to swell our support, but all the wendy fans where I work ( who by the way, all went Tue night ) seem to have got stronger in adversity! They to a man agree we outplayed em, and i,ve tried getting em down to the Keepmoat, but to no avail. The stick we,ve given them has been rammed back down our throats because i,m afraid not many of us went Tue night.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2010, 09:44:18 am by Albert Trousers »
The Wednesday (& Leeds) fans that I know seem to hate Rovers with a passion despite having lived in the town all there lifes,however I have a few Blades supporting pals from Donny who think it's great that Rovers are thriving, I put the dislike purely down to bitterness over our higher status than our 2 big rivals.
As much as I like the idea of poaching fans from the likes of Weds, I just can't see it happening.

I would pay good money to see a pitchside advert at Hillsborough encourging Owls fans to trade in there st for one at the Keepmoat, but I can't see the Marketing Department falling for that one  :woohoo:

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2010, 10:05:16 am by sham69 »
I know both blunts and (a lot more) wendys, and their opinion is divided, some of the Donny blunts hate us with a passion, some are indifferent, same with the Donny wendys. A close workmate of mine (a wendy), has no hate towards us, though he,s had a bit of stick, and grimacing slightly, I know that he and a few other wendys often went down Belle Vue to watch us if they were,nt playing, especially in the bad old/good old days.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2010, 10:29:59 am by bedale rover »
it appears to me that the way forward is via their children

cheap tickets from the club to the school and then if the kids are hooked the parents might relent having to fetch and carry to KMS B)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2010, 10:59:04 am by rover-n-out »
Naaahhh! don't want 'em, Glory Supporters!!! ;)  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012