Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:20:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An interesting consequence...  (Read 60116 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: An interesting consequence...
« Reply #120 on June 12, 2012, 11:14:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
Accusing someone of not knowing their football and then saying Chimbonda's link up play with Coppis was 'breath taking'?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :silly:

JO'C and Copps link-up play has been breath taking the majority of the time.

JOC was awful last year and reacted very poorly to competition.

You cant live on previous seasons

JO'C has been bad for a while, i think probably due to the fact he had to play in all the defensive positions at times due to injuries.

Chimbonda is still shite though and did fcuk all with us, i think you know that too but are just fishing.

He had some brill games, sadly I concede he was never really consistently fit.

But then again why would we have got him a player of such quality?

Because he's shit now and we were probably at his level.

Never consistently fit sums him up. He wasn't a very good signing lets get that straight for starters.

Never agree with him being shit clearly he wasnt based upon performances.

Just never fit....

So not a good signing then was he...

£2k a week when other contracted players like Stock/ Woods etc on loads more and been injured for much for the championship campaign

Chance you take !

Every signing is a gamble. A club in our position last season though should not have been wasting any amount of money on a player like him and as injury prone as he is, not in the short term anyway... He was signed mainly not as a benefit to us, more a benefit to himself and his agent/the man that brought him to the club. We already had 2 RB's ffs, money better spent elsewhere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 12, 2012, 11:31:26 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Accusing someone of not knowing their football and then saying Chimbonda's link up play with Coppis was 'breath taking'?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :silly:

JO'C and Copps link-up play has been breath taking the majority of the time.

JOC was awful last year and reacted very poorly to competition.

You cant live on previous seasons

JO'C has been bad for a while, i think probably due to the fact he had to play in all the defensive positions at times due to injuries.

Chimbonda is still shite though and did fcuk all with us, i think you know that too but are just fishing.

He had some brill games, sadly I concede he was never really consistently fit.

But then again why would we have got him a player of such quality?

Because he's shit now and we were probably at his level.

Never consistently fit sums him up. He wasn't a very good signing lets get that straight for starters.

Never agree with him being shit clearly he wasnt based upon performances.

Just never fit....

So not a good signing then was he...

£2k a week when other contracted players like Stock/ Woods etc on loads more and been injured for much for the championship campaign

Chance you take !

Every signing is a gamble. A club in our position last season though should not have been wasting any amount of money on a player like him and as injury prone as he is, not in the short term anyway... He was signed mainly not as a benefit to us, more a benefit to himself and his agent/the man that brought him to the club. We already had 2 RB's ffs, money better spent elsewhere.

On paper should have worked....

Certainly dont regret we did it

Certainly dont think any permanent damage done?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on June 12, 2012, 11:34:15 pm by donnyroversfc »
No PERMANENT damage no (thankfully) but it (not just the Chimbonda signing) pissed off players and fans and caused splits in both camps. So it was more damaging than rewarding.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on June 13, 2012, 08:42:04 am by wilts rover »
No PERMANENT damage no (thankfully) but it (not just the Chimbonda signing) pissed off players and fans and caused splits in both camps. So it was more damaging than rewarding.

The worst thing about the Mckay/Saunders experiment is that it started you posting again.........under this user name......... and look at the absolute tosh/drivel/absoluite farce this forum has been since.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on June 13, 2012, 09:12:47 am by SiBo »
£2000 a week thing complete myth Norfolk. May have started like that for some players, although I know Bob has posted on here before that Fortune's deal was a lot more than that, but certainly didn't end up as that. Plus all the hotel bills and expenses, which were above and beyond anything the club had ever outlaid for putting players up before and this is another example of the club leading the sheep and hoping they will follow. Some continue to do so blindly, others of us question everything they tell us now. The constant mistruths around the experiment continue to fracture the trust of the fanbase and that trust is going to take some considerable time (and no Saunders!) to restore as far as I'm concerned. You've got to speak to the right people.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:14:49 am by SiBo »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on June 13, 2012, 09:23:36 am by Wild Rover »

Which players did the experiment upset, the ones i speak to ( although the number is fairly restricted ) had no problem with the players who came in, nor the way they did. I suspect if any were pissed off it was those who were replaced in the side. Had those players been performing then the experiment would not have been required in the first place.
I will grant you some went into print at season conclusion to "Question" the usefullness of the experiment, but i dont remember anyone saying it caused splits in the camp.
It may have caused a split with supporters, but at the onset and up to a few games from season conclusion, those supporters totally against the experiment, were a definate minority ( i would estimmated less than 1 in 10 ), now if that was replicated in the squad there would only be 4 dissenting voices.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 13, 2012, 11:00:40 am by dickos1 »
£2000 a week thing complete myth Norfolk. May have started like that for some players, although I know Bob has posted on here before that Fortune's deal was a lot more than that, but certainly didn't end up as that. Plus all the hotel bills and expenses, which were above and beyond anything the club had ever outlaid for putting players up before and this is another example of the club leading the sheep and hoping they will follow. Some continue to do so blindly, others of us question everything they tell us now. The constant mistruths around the experiment continue to fracture the trust of the fanbase and that trust is going to take some considerable time (and no Saunders!) to restore as far as I'm concerned. You've got to speak to the right people.
You may have a point but I just don't understand how and why people keep saying things as though it's factual. How do you know it was a myth? How do you know the hotel bills were bigger than ever before? We've had players staying in the crown for years now.
By speaking to the right people do you mean bob? I have nothing against the guy and enjoy reading some of his posts but a lot of what has been said by him and others hasn't always been factual, especially with regards the km2

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on June 13, 2012, 12:48:15 pm by donnyroversfc »

The worst thing about the Mckay/Saunders experiment is that it started you posting again.........under this user name......... and look at the absolute tosh/drivel/absoluite farce this forum has been since.

Yeah thats right, aim it at me instead of keeping on the actual subject.

Yeah the worst thing about it all was that it's got me posting, i agree  :facepalm:

I really dont know what they put in cups of tea down in wiltshire but it certainly aint sugar judging by your post.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 13, 2012, 12:53:10 pm by donnyroversfc »

Which players did the experiment upset, the ones i speak to ( although the number is fairly restricted ) had no problem with the players who came in, nor the way they did. I suspect if any were pissed off it was those who were replaced in the side. Had those players been performing then the experiment would not have been required in the first place.
I will grant you some went into print at season conclusion to "Question" the usefullness of the experiment, but i dont remember anyone saying it caused splits in the camp.
It may have caused a split with supporters, but at the onset and up to a few games from season conclusion, those supporters totally against the experiment, were a definate minority ( i would estimmated less than 1 in 10 ), now if that was replicated in the squad there would only be 4 dissenting voices.

Read twitter at the end of the season, when the players were on about feeling sorry for the 'true' (or real) rovers players. Jamie Coppinger may aswell have just come out and said it caused splits in the camp. I can't remember exactly what his words were in the interview after the season ended but it certainly wasn't one of a player who was happy about the experiment.

A definate 1 in 10? Are you serious? A lot more hated it, majority i spoke with hated it, quite a few stopped away from matches (some because of Saunders) yet admittitedly only a few were vocal about it on this forum... Can you blame them, after all the comments me and others received for saying the stuff ffs.

Cannot believe there is still some loons people out there who defend last seasons experiment.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 13, 2012, 01:37:44 pm by Wild Rover »

Read twitter at the end of the season, when the players were on about feeling sorry for the 'true' (or real) rovers players. Jamie Coppinger may aswell have just come out and said it caused splits in the camp. I can't remember exactly what his words were in the interview after the season ended but it certainly wasn't one of a player who was happy about the experiment.

A definate 1 in 10? Are you serious? A lot more hated it, majority i spoke with hated it, quite a few stopped away from matches (some because of Saunders) yet admittitedly only a few were vocal about it on this forum... Can you blame them, after all the comments me and others received for saying the stuff ffs.

Cannot believe there is still some loons people out there who defend last seasons experiment.

So, every one on twitter purporting to be a DRFC player is or was one. James Coppinger i do know WAS NOT against the "Experimental Players", what he later said was that the concept was "Not a good Idea" and that the "French Speakers" tended to converse with each other more than the the rest of the squad.
Hardly surprising most if not all the people you spoke to were against the experiment, like fish have a tendency to shoal together. From people i know personally my original 1 in 10 stands for the outset, rising to 3 in 10 by season end.
Personally i was not against the "Experiment", nor would i be if a revamped version was to come to pass, but to do it NOW, so all have pre-season together.

I may be a loon but at least i could see what Ryan/DRFC/Mckay were attempting.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on June 13, 2012, 01:43:32 pm by donnyroversfc »

So, every one on twitter purporting to be a DRFC player is or was one. James Coppinger i do know WAS NOT against the "Experimental Players", what he later said was that the concept was "Not a good Idea" and that the "French Speakers" tended to converse with each other more than the the rest of the squad.
Hardly surprising most if not all the people you spoke to were against the experiment, like fish have a tendency to shoal together. From people i know personally my original 1 in 10 stands for the outset, rising to 3 in 10 by season end.
Personally i was not against the "Experiment", nor would i be if a revamped version was to come to pass, but to do it NOW, so all have pre-season together.

So James Coppinger was upset about it, as were others in the squad. Fans were upset and angry about it too. Bravo to whichever fruit cake actually made the decision to go with it in the first place. Bravo!

Personally i was against the "Experiment", and i would be if a revamped version was to come to pass, if they do it now, we will have all pre-season to cock it up more together.

God i seriously worry about the mental state of some of our supporters. I genuinly hope John Ryan isn't as stupid as some of our supporters, and he doesn't ever do anything as pathetic again.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on June 13, 2012, 01:54:16 pm by Wild Rover »

So James Coppinger was upset about it, as were others in the squad. Fans were upset and angry about it too. Bravo to whichever fruit cake actually made the decision to go with it in the first place. Bravo!

Personally i was against the "Experiment", and i would be if a revamped version was to come to pass, if they do it now, we will have all pre-season to cock it up more together.

God i seriously worry about the mental state of some of our supporters. I genuinly hope John Ryan isn't as stupid as some of our supporters, and he doesn't ever do anything as pathetic again.

Read what i said fool, JC said in retrospect it "was not a good idea". Not a mention of "Splits" in the camp. Exactly who was upset in the squad, name names. Bet they were the ones who didnt play so much. I dont care who made the decision, Ryan/KM2/Aunt fanny, they did what they thought was best for DRFC, and if Ryan/KM2/Auny Fanny decide to do it all over again so be it. They own the bloody club.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on June 13, 2012, 02:01:59 pm by donnyroversfc »
Jamie Coppinger also held back on saying anymore on it aswell. I listened/read to the interview but i cant find it now.

Ken Richardson once 'owned the bloody club'...

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on June 13, 2012, 02:08:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Dont think there a debate too be had!

There was a split as told by Copps and Sharp and yes not in so many words...

For god sake look how they interacted with each other both on the pitch or training ground.

I am no body language expert nor do I need to be, common sense does that.

By the way as I say I certainly dont blame the French!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:14:20 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on June 13, 2012, 02:10:59 pm by Wild Rover »
Jamie Coppinger also held back on saying anymore on it aswell. I listened/read to the interview but i cant find it now.

Found it for you.
http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/james-coppinger-questions-team-spirit-at-doncaster-rovers-1-4453519

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 13, 2012, 02:12:07 pm by donnyroversfc »

For got sake look how they interacted with each other both on the pitch or training ground.

I am no body language nor do I need to be, common sense does that.

I'm sure Plessis, Robert, Chimbonda and Goulon are grateful to you for that.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on June 13, 2012, 02:14:50 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

For got sake look how they interacted with each other both on the pitch or training ground.

I am no body language nor do I need to be, common sense does that.

I'm sure Plessis, Robert, Chimbonda and Goulon are grateful to you for that.

And my spelling poor apart from that a good post!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 13, 2012, 02:15:47 pm by donnyroversfc »

Found it for you.
http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/james-coppinger-questions-team-spirit-at-doncaster-rovers-1-4453519

Cheers for that. Shows that there really was players pissed off, angry and upset about it. Disresctful to the league he says in one part... I agree 100%

I'm sure there was an audio interview with him too and you could tell by the things he was saying and his tone, that all was not well.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on June 13, 2012, 02:48:24 pm by Wild Rover »
extract.

Coppinger replied: “It’s disrespectful to the league to think that by bringing in names it’s going to win you games.

“In this league, and in the leagues below, you need more than just names on the teamsheet.

“You need passion, commitment and togetherness.

“And it just shows if you haven’t got that you don’t do anything in football.

“Eight years I’ve been here and this is the hardest it’s been,” he added.

“What’s frustrating is that there’s players that have been here a long time and have so much success in the Championship and kept us in the league for three years.

“We’ve found it difficult because it’s a totally different regime and a totally different ways of doing things.

“It hasn’t worked out for us.”

The only reference that can be gleaned from the above about players being "Upset" has to be the togetherness, but equally he may be talking about the squad as a whole, not just the "Experimental" players.
In fact that statement could equally apply to pre Saunders as it does to Post Saunders, bearing in mind there were 2 "Names" there in the period , and in the piece, is the reference "Names" meaning "People" or specifically" EHD, Chimbonda, Beye" as they are fairly recognisable "Names". In the instance of this interview i would say "Names" = "People" as opposed to specific entities, bearing in mind Goulon,Ilunga, Plessis, Robert,Bagoyoko, Bomago etc were not immediatly recognisable in the football fraternity as "Names".
Also does his reference to regime change also fall in to the catergory "Togetherness", maybe its not all about EHD etc etc, maybe its also O'driscoll favourites also at fault.
Who knows?. I dont for sure.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on June 13, 2012, 03:07:50 pm by donnyroversfc »
The fact he's talking about the 'expermient' itself, gives it away slightly as to what caused the problems.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on June 13, 2012, 03:35:59 pm by Wild Rover »
I dont think so, nor is it specific enough to "lay the blame" on any players ( long term or short term players ).

What James says is "Bringing in players didnt work".
Team spirit  / togetherness not good.
Regieme change didnt help.
Not enough time.
It didnt work.

A conglomeration of events, not specifically "The Experiment".

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on June 13, 2012, 03:50:19 pm by donnyroversfc »
It’s disrespectful to the league to think that by bringing in names it’s going to win you games. In this league, and in the leagues below, you need more than just names on the teamsheet.

What’s frustrating is that there’s players that have been here a long time and have so much success in the Championship and kept us in the league for three years. We’ve found it difficult because it’s a totally different regime and a totally different ways of doing things.

It hasn’t worked out for us.

It’s hard to change things in a short period of time. People need time to adjust to different ways of doing things.

All those comments cant be about anything else other than the failure of an experiment.

Us on here are like women trying to succesfully drive round a roundabout, we're constantly going round in circles! :laugh:  I don't mind it though because some of the comments defending the club are pretty amusing.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on June 13, 2012, 03:56:16 pm by Wild Rover »
Of course your interpritation can be right, equally it could be wrong. People will read something and interprit it differently, as i tried to show  you earlier.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 13, 2012, 04:02:47 pm by dickos1 »
The failure begun last January, the experiment failed to repair the damage it never caused the problems. We were already in a mess, so yes it did fail, but we were failing big time before the experiment even entered anybody's head.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on June 13, 2012, 06:04:18 pm by Standanista »
The failure begun last January, the experiment failed to repair the damage it never caused the problems. We were already in a mess, so yes it did fail, but we were failing big time before the experiment even entered anybody's head.
My take on it exactly.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on June 13, 2012, 06:24:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Absolutely correct. It's like blaming a failed remedy for starting the illness.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on June 13, 2012, 07:53:01 pm by mjdgreg »
First time I could be bothered to look at the forum for quite a while and it seems the situation is worse than ever with the split in the fans. It's time for the apologists for the experiment to hold their hands up and just admit that they got it totally wrong and then maybe we can move on. Still defending what happened is just unbelievably stupid.

The reason there weren't many posters against the experiment from day one on the forum is because the ones that were like madmick and donnybob were constantly abused for taking this position. Dickos, Wellred etc. hang your heads in shame.

Everything madmick and donnybob said came to pass yet both left the forum because their views were not welcome. I particularly remember madmick's post about forming, storming, norming, performing that proved conclusively that the experiment would be a disastrous failure. Nobody who posted at the time agreed with him. The ones that did agree kept it to themselves because they didn't want to get abused.

It's a shame people didn't use their brains and get behind the views of madmick and donnybob and maybe we could have ditched the experiment early on and now be in a much better position. Unfortunately Saunders is now going to take us to the Conference and we are going to spend many years in the wilderness.

Nearly forgot.

Saunders out!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:56:21 pm by mjdgreg »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on June 13, 2012, 08:54:41 pm by dickos1 »
Never abused anyone cock. My arguement has always been from day one that we should wait and see what happens. People like yourself were ranting and raving the minute sod left, as I said earlier we were failing dramatically the board tried to repair the damage and stop further damage but in the end it didn't work.
The way you go on its like you think jr did it on purpose, that he wanted us to go down, it's ridiculous.
The stuff you say under whatever name you use is just pathetic, back to the conference, into the wilderness. What a joke, get behind the club and stop pissing and whining about nonsense.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on June 13, 2012, 09:27:48 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
It’s disrespectful to the league to think that by bringing in names it’s going to win you games. In this league, and in the leagues below, you need more than just names on the teamsheet.

What’s frustrating is that there’s players that have been here a long time and have so much success in the Championship and kept us in the league for three years. We’ve found it difficult because it’s a totally different regime and a totally different ways of doing things.

It’s hard to change things in a short period of time. People need time to adjust to different ways of doing things.

All those comments cant be about anything else other than the failure of an experiment.

Us on here are like women trying to succesfully drive round a roundabout, we're constantly going round in circles! :laugh:  I don't mind it though because some of the comments defending the club are pretty amusing.

Is it hell!

So shall we stay our level or dare to dream?

Incredible...How can we compete if 20K plus in grounds every week then the **** ***** support poor local teams or even worse pay £100 a season for their ST on sky?????????????????

You my friend are quite unbelievable!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on June 13, 2012, 10:16:05 pm by mjdgreg »
Never abused anyone's cock.

I should hope not.

Saunders out!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:55:18 pm by mjdgreg »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012