Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:18:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Singing section  (Read 71062 times)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Singing section
« Reply #360 on March 24, 2014, 02:50:51 pm by Jenny »
If that was the case at Brentford the police didn't do a very good job of clearing the area whilst we were held back - I was knocked to the floor by a Rovers fan who had been 'attacked' by a Brentford fan on leaving!

I can't see any point in keeping away fans back for 5 minutes at the Keepmoat, the area doesn't clear anywhere near quickly enough to let the home fans move on, and given that if you are on foot, you are some way from the station and potentialy car parking spots, there will be potential for flash points way after the game has finished. I hung back on Saturday for one reason or another and it was still kicking off outside, 5 minutes would have made no difference.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #361 on March 24, 2014, 03:30:05 pm by Boomstick »
Got kept back against hull city in league 1

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #362 on March 24, 2014, 05:48:01 pm by bobjimwilly »
If that was the case at Brentford the police didn't do a very good job of clearing the area whilst we were held back - I was knocked to the floor by a Rovers fan who had been 'attacked' by a Brentford fan on leaving!

I can't see any point in keeping away fans back for 5 minutes at the Keepmoat, the area doesn't clear anywhere near quickly enough to let the home fans move on, and given that if you are on foot, you are some way from the station and potentialy car parking spots, there will be potential for flash points way after the game has finished. I hung back on Saturday for one reason or another and it was still kicking off outside, 5 minutes would have made no difference.

15 minutes would have been better on saturday. And the fights that occurred outside proved it would have been justifiable. The police weren't on form at all on Saturday. Leading the mob from the train station right around the south and east stands, instead of taking them through the car park straight to the North Stand - what was all that about? I think they were lost...

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on March 24, 2014, 08:48:29 pm by uptonson »
We were not held back at Brentford.  I left 5 minutes after the final whistle to get train and had no problems.  Hull City was the last time we were held back and that was for 45 minutes. :rtid:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #364 on March 26, 2014, 10:17:03 am by ravenrover »
We were not held back at Brentford.  I left 5 minutes after the final whistle to get train and had no problems.  Hull City was the last time we were held back and that was for 45 minutes. :rtid:
Strange that, I could have sworn that because the gates were shut and the Brentford stewards were barring the way we were kept back for a good 10-15mins after the game, but then again I don't tend to leave games early home or away.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #365 on March 26, 2014, 11:19:32 am by RedJ »
You certainly couldn't leave straight away at Brentford. One of the people I was with tried leaving a couple of minutes after full time and he ended up back on the terrace with me a minute or so later because the way out was barred.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #366 on March 31, 2014, 01:57:22 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Brighton always want to "one-up" us, we close a block of seating, they ban people for singing:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?298281-The-Judge

:facepalm:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #367 on March 31, 2014, 02:06:51 pm by hoolahoop »
You certainly couldn't leave straight away at Brentford. One of the people I was with tried leaving a couple of minutes after full time and he ended up back on the terrace with me a minute or so later because the way out was barred.

So were our supporters kept back or not seems some were kept back and some weren't ?
Puzzled of Thorne.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:19:01 pm by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #368 on March 31, 2014, 02:09:50 pm by hoolahoop »
Brighton always want to "one-up" us, we close a block of seating, they ban people for singing:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?298281-The-Judge

:facepalm:

Seems like it was one individual and it is Brighton,.......am I allowed to say that Jenny ?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on March 31, 2014, 02:10:34 pm by BigColSutherland »
I was on the lower tier terrace. I was kept back. I wasn't on my own. There appeared to be several hundred others waiting for a gate to be opened.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #370 on April 03, 2014, 05:24:09 am by andysly »
No idea if we were kept back at Brentford, I'd have stopped all night

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #371 on April 03, 2014, 07:34:35 am by hoolahoop »
I was on the lower tier terrace. I was kept back. I wasn't on my own. There appeared to be several hundred others waiting for a gate to be opened.

So we were kept back then !

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #372 on April 03, 2014, 11:13:16 am by Rios »

So we were kept back then !

We were certainly kept back.  We tried to leave after the whistle and initial celebrations and got to the gate which was closed and the Police barring our way.  We were kept long enough for the guy behind me to decide he needed to relieve himself in the queue!

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on April 03, 2014, 11:18:49 am by afro goal machine »
I don't think we were held back intentionally we stayed back to celebrate a good 10 minutes but had a train to catch.
as we got round the corner heading out towards the terracing the stewards were fighting to shut the gates all while traffic cones, deodorant cans and bottles were being thrown over. So had anyone gone earlier they probably would have got out

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #374 on April 03, 2014, 11:40:39 am by RedJ »
Jesus, I wonder if anyone did leave the game early.

I'd be beyond gutted if I'd missed that.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #375 on April 03, 2014, 12:21:37 pm by hoolahoop »
Jesus, I wonder if anyone did leave the game early.

I'd be beyond gutted if I'd missed that.

Obviously somebody did........maybe to catch a train  ;) ;) pmsl

TinyPortal © 2005-2012