Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:25:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who should replace Dickov?  (Read 122384 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Re: Who should replace Dickov?
« Reply #60 on May 03, 2014, 07:07:47 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Apparently he ain't going anywhere!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27269286

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 03, 2014, 07:09:07 pm by Dare to dream! »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 03, 2014, 07:12:23 pm by pib »
It's only what he says though! He's hardly going to say "yeah I've got a meeting with Terry and Gavin tomorrow morning to negotiate my pay-off."

There's still hope yet.

I remember when TB left the board first time, he left because he wasn't happy with how his money was being spent (or something along those lines). Will he be happy with the result of this season after refusing to sell the club and then pushing the boat out in January? Hmm.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 03, 2014, 07:12:44 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Are people saying keep him just so we don't look like a sacking club or do they genuinely believe he's a good manager?

Either way we're in for a year of mediocrity.

Doesn't that depend on the budget for next season?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 03, 2014, 07:15:12 pm by River Don »
He will be lucky to keep his job. I just wonder when the original 'criteria' was set how he got to the top of the list. It doesn't say much for the other names that may have been on the list. He was hardly a revelation at Oldham. Most managers get sacked on relegation, that is a fact.

The criteria was stay in this league. That was a big ask, he failed by just one goal. He's a young manager and he will have learned a thing or two this season.

He deserves another shot at it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 03, 2014, 07:18:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Are people saying keep him just so we don't look like a sacking club or do they genuinely believe he's a good manager?

One of a number of factors. We'll have one of the top budgets in the league and under achieve due to having a manager that struggles tactically when attacking.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 03, 2014, 07:21:21 pm by Lifelong supporter »

One of a number of factors. We'll have one of the top budgets in the league and under achieve due to having a manager that struggles tactically when attacking.

Who says we'll have one of the top budgets in the league?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 03, 2014, 07:21:33 pm by DRFCSouth »
He will be lucky to keep his job. I just wonder when the original 'criteria' was set how he got to the top of the list. It doesn't say much for the other names that may have been on the list. He was hardly a revelation at Oldham. Most managers get sacked on relegation, that is a fact.

The criteria was stay in this league. That was a big ask, he failed by just one goal. He's a young manager and he will have learned a thing or two this season.

I was thinking more the criteria for selecting him as manager. If he was the best on the list, it doesn't say much for the original list of candidates. To be 8 points clear or whatever it was, and to go down from there, is pretty poor. It's like he thought we had crossed the line. To be honest, not sure it's that helpful if he went. Not sure many others could get much more from the players this year. Got to admit, I was a bit under whelmed when he got the job and that has not changed.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 03, 2014, 07:22:57 pm by Donnybax »
I cant understand why he was given the job in the first place? He had no plausible credentials for me. Failed at Oldham is the only thing from his CV but I was willing to give him a chance. He has proved to me this season he isn't good enough. Tactically inept, slow to react to things and he's been well backed. Can't get good strikers to score goals and we never look like scoring. Away form is laughable. Anyone who says we are unlucky this season is just wrong. 44 points would send you down every single time it's a terrible points return

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 03, 2014, 07:23:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Who says we'll have one of the top budgets in the league?

Me in that post you just quoted.

It's also assumed seeing as we're keeping at least 13 of the players we will already have one of the top budgets. Are you going anywhere with this or...?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 03, 2014, 07:37:25 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Bax, I said on here 10 months ago the only reason he got the job: because no experienced manager at this level would have come knowing there was no money to spend. And I'm talking transfer fees, not loans and short term contracts for players no-one else wanted..

I doubt very much Dickov will get sacked. I don't think the board has the balls to do it. He must be the only person who has watched us all season that didn't know his tactics, formations and team selection away from home were totally baffling. And don't take my word for it, look at our away record. Statistics don't lie.
Totally and utterly clueless. Couldn't manage the hole in his bottom

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 03, 2014, 07:40:00 pm by Donnybax »
Well I would say the only reason he got the job is because he was a friend of JRs and it was clearly his appointment because it took us so long to appoint an unemployed manager

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 03, 2014, 07:41:24 pm by River Don »
Well I would say the only reason he got the job is because he was a friend of JRs and it was clearly his appointment because it took us so long to appoint an unemployed manager

JR is usually a pretty good judge of a manager.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 03, 2014, 07:44:25 pm by Donnybax »
Well he aint this time

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 03, 2014, 07:46:12 pm by River Don »
Well he aint this time

I'd trust his opinion before yours.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 03, 2014, 07:48:34 pm by Donnybax »
Good for you but whatever he saw in him he must have had to search very far for and I certainly haven't seen it. Dreadful for me

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 03, 2014, 07:50:38 pm by ravenrover »
I wonder if we might see Little and Large back in charge by the end of September?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 03, 2014, 07:51:18 pm by grayx »
I think its gonna be more a case of who'd want to come here.. The budget wont be great,it never is  especially in league 1. Lets sit back and see who applies.... but the more I think about it, the more i want Dickov to go.

We will have one of the best squads in League 1 though. We don't need to do much strengthening

If we kept these players, I would agree. But unfortunately players ambitions and budget cuts won't allow this.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 03, 2014, 07:53:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I wonder if we might see Little and Large back in charge by the end of September?

Just Large please.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 03, 2014, 07:57:46 pm by DRFCSouth »
The majority of the teams around the bottom have shown recent upturns in form. Rovers were probably the worst team in the last few months, without bothering to look at the form table. When it really mattered, the other managers got the best from their players. There has to be a breakdown in tactics somewhere, going from a position where I was thinking we might break into the 50's points wise, to where we are today.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 03, 2014, 07:58:42 pm by Akinfenwa »

On the contrary, my main fault with Dickov (out of many) is that there are no encouraging signs that he actually learns anything from one game to the next. He's making the same mistakes now as he was making at the beginning of the season. He's making the same mistakes this season as he was making during his three seasons at Oldham.

Given his record at Oldham, I thought that one shot at it with us was one shot too many. I was gutted when he was appointed because he'd achieved nothing to deserve a chance with us in the league above. Since then he's taken us down. To hear that he's confident of keeping his job is a real kick in the teeth from my point of view.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 03, 2014, 08:03:01 pm by River Don »
The majority of the teams around the bottom have shown recent upturns in form. Rovers were probably the worst team in the last few months, without bothering to look at the form table. When it really mattered, the other managers got the best from their players. There has to be a breakdown in tactics somewhere, going from a position where I was thinking we might break into the 50's points wise, to where we are today.

They haven't shown an upturn in form, the league has finished exactly as BST predicted it would. The only thing BST failed to identify was Rovers difficult run in and collapse towards the end. To a large part that can be attributed to injuries.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 03, 2014, 08:05:43 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Mr Dockov IS the man in my opinion.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 03, 2014, 08:07:51 pm by silent majority »
I think its gonna be more a case of who'd want to come here.. The budget wont be great,it never is  especially in league 1. Lets sit back and see who applies.... but the more I think about it, the more i want Dickov to go.

We were in the top 3 or 4 in terms of budget in Lg1 the last time. Where do you get this mis-information from?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 03, 2014, 08:08:03 pm by phil old leake »
If we sack Dickov we definitely don't want SOD back what has he done since leaving. Nowt.  Why would Wilcox come from an up and coming team to have to try and build a team. You all have to remember realistically how many players there today will be gone before next season.
Can't see Johnstone staying although I really hope he does. Can't see turnbull staying, Good chance Coppinger will go, Sharp will probably go, Meite won't play div 1 Ryan Nelson won't be coming back. Swapping Brazil for the keepmoat, The way he's played Quinn will probably move on, Tamas is too good for Div 1 some of the others like cotterill, Robinson Furman might not fancy it.  What about Wellens he's too good for Div 1 so might move.  Don't get me wrong i hope they all stay but it isn't going to happen
Give Dickov the chance to see if he has got these so called contacts and ability to pull players in.  He's brought some good ones so far and others that moved on like Macheda   He's had some bad luck with injuries and people like Sharp being unprofessional getting himself sent off. Things might have been different without these

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 03, 2014, 08:08:15 pm by DRFCSouth »

They haven't shown an upturn in form, the league has finished exactly as BST predicted it would. The only thing BST failed to identify was Rovers difficult run in and collapse towards the end. To a large part that can be attributed to injuries.

They have shown better form than Rovers. Charlton, Blackpool, Millwall have all obtained draws or wins in the last six games when it mattered. If it wasn't for miracle keeping, we would have lost at Millwall. Even Yeovil and Barnsley have picked up more points in the last 6. Only Birmingham have been equally as shocking.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 03, 2014, 08:12:18 pm by phil old leake »
With regard to budget lets hoe Mr Brammell and Mr Watson put their hands in their pockets.   If we look back we were doing ok until all the disruption with the sequentia deal.  That should have been sorted quickly and not drawn out  I feel tat it really disrupted the squad and possibly PD
Our budget won't be helped hen the rowdy drop again.  We need up port like today all the time

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 03, 2014, 08:13:01 pm by southwestexile »
Thinking back to our short list, one of the hot favourites was Lomas - he did well at Millwall?  Butcher was on there too, interesting that no one else in the championship or league one has snapped him up.

Dickov will take us up next year in second spot. Blades will be champions.

Time for our team to evolve into an attacking force which befits dickovs vision

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on May 03, 2014, 08:13:23 pm by phil old leake »
With regard to budget lets hoe Mr Brammell and Mr Watson put their hands in their pockets.   If we look back we were doing ok until all the disruption with the sequentia deal.  That should have been sorted quickly and not drawn out  I feel tat it really disrupted the squad and possibly PD
Our budget won't be helped hen the rowdy drop again.  We need up port like today all the time

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on May 03, 2014, 08:14:00 pm by Dare to dream! »

We were in the top 3 or 4 in terms of budget in Lg1 the last time. Where do you get this mis-information from?

SM can you tell us what the board's opinion is currently of Dickov?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012