Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:14:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis Interview  (Read 3503 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Marquis Interview
« on August 01, 2019, 07:22:06 am by Bentley Bullet »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
Re: Marquis Interview
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2019, 07:34:06 am by Capmeister »
Had a little go at the boo boys at the end. In hindsight losing the playoff put paid to retaining any of the players that were or could be considered for bigger things. Onwards and upwards. You Reds!!!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2019, 07:35:53 am by dickos1 »
Had a little go at the boo boys at the end. In hindsight losing the playoff put paid to retaining any of the players that were or could be considered for bigger things. Onwards and upwards. You Reds!!!!!!

He didn’t
He’s talking about getting stick off the Pompey fans in the past

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2019, 07:38:21 am by DonnyOsmond »
Speaks well of us.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2019, 07:43:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
A very professional and diplomatic interview. He's bowed out gracefully.

Good luck JM.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2019, 07:45:43 am by DonnyOsmond »

Good luck JM.

Agree. He'll go down the same as Billy, we shouldn't hold any bitterness to him. He wanted to leave and go back down south for a while and he's done that. He's in a completely different league to McCann in class.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2019, 07:47:37 am by Copps is Magic »
I agree, I think he talked very complimentary about us in the interview. The same can not be said for some of our fans unfortunately.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2019, 08:16:49 am by SydneyRover »

Good luck JM.
Agreed and he will be missed but we are the Rovers.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 01, 2019, 08:19:10 am by graingrover »
I feel I need to leave my personal thanks on this forum as. I have done to John on his twitter account .
JM is the most genuine player I have seen at Riovers in the  many decades I have supported the club and that includes the Snodin brothers and even Berry Tindill .
I recommend to Rovers fans the long interview he has  just given to Portsmouth Official website .His words describe the man perfectly ,no bullshit ,just a display of honesty  ,determination and he sums up his time at our club and in our midst perfectly .He says he felt loved ..now such a rough diamond to say that you know you have had a real genuine bloke .Good luck and every happiness John Marquis.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 01, 2019, 08:28:26 am by mushRTID »
You just can’t not like him.

All the best John

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 01, 2019, 08:30:13 am by Paul Simpson »
Well said graingrover! I completely agree with that post. John has been an absolute pleasure to watch over the past 3 seasons. We would likely still be stuck in league 2 if it wasn’t for his efforts! Good luck to him 👍😀⚽️

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 01, 2019, 08:31:15 am by Campsall rover »
Good interview John.
Wish him well. Go steady against us please. No goals or assists,
in fact just have 2 crap games.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 01, 2019, 08:33:34 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

Good luck JM.

Agree. He'll go down the same as Billy, we shouldn't hold any bitterness to him. He wanted to leave and go back down south for a while and he's done that. He's in a completely different league to McCann in class.

Good luck JM, but I disagree with him being the same as Billy. What happened to Billy personally will always make my connection more.

I fully understand and support JM and hope he plays well in 44 games next year!!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 01, 2019, 08:44:15 am by sedwardsdrfc »
He's been up there with Copps and Butler as a club icon these last few years and in my time watching us i've only seen Billy be as prolific (i think Marquis was actually more prolific) albeit at a higher level. But in the end i'm glad he's been allowed to go and we've got the money we were due rather than trying to make things difficult spoiling his opinion of us. If we are to keep signing players to develop and move on realistically they are more likely to join if they can see that when the time is right we don't stand in their way.

I know pompey have sold a few players but for a fellow league 1 club to sign a player with 12 months on his contract for £2m is kind of crazy. If they go up obviously its a great move. John must also be slightly disappointed no championship club came in for him 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 01, 2019, 08:47:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
Marquis also put this on Twitter.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 01, 2019, 09:17:51 am by Alan Southstand »
Billy Sharp will always be my favourite, but John runs him a close second, as Rovers strikers go. Tremendous worker and team man and a fantastic goal return.

We will miss him.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 01, 2019, 09:35:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Billy Sharp will always be my favourite, but John runs him a close second, as Rovers strikers go. Tremendous worker and team man and a fantastic goal return.

We will miss him.

Be interesting to see what some of the chaps who sit in our area of the South stand think Alan, the ones who described Marquis and Wilks last year as being useless if the didn't run with the ball, shoot and score!

We will miss him, he's not irreplaceable but he has been the focal point.  Now it's time to move to a new era and new style just as we did when others left.

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 01, 2019, 09:44:21 am by ZiggerZagger »
Oi Grant, this is how you do it.
All the best John John, thanks for the memories. Just remember to have an injury when we come to town.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 01, 2019, 10:09:52 am by selby »
  A class act to the end, thanks BB for putting this up.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 01, 2019, 10:18:29 am by Wiltshire Exile »
I feel I need to leave my personal thanks on this forum as. I have done to John on his twitter account .
JM is the most genuine player I have seen at Riovers in the  many decades I have supported the club and that includes the Snodin brothers and even Berry Tindill .
I recommend to Rovers fans the long interview he has  just given to Portsmouth Official website .His words describe the man perfectly ,no bullshit ,just a display of honesty  ,determination and he sums up his time at our club and in our midst perfectly .He says he felt loved ..now such a rough diamond to say that you know you have had a real genuine bloke .Good luck and every happiness John Marquis.

Good post, graingrover.  I think the Tindill that you refer to was Bert Tindall rather than Berry Tindill! Predictive text, eh? 🙂

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 01, 2019, 10:39:21 am by rover-n-out »
A true professional in every sense of the word. It has been a pleasure to have him here at the rovers, and to watch a proper No.9 graft, bully, and be a complete PITA to opposing defenders, getting the better of them, and of course putting the ball in the back of the net. Well played John. I wish you and your family happiness, I hope everything goes well for you and your fiance with the birth of your second child. Enjoy your time at Pompey, and wish you all the success you hope for. Take care Johnny boy, and thank you for giving your all for my club.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 01, 2019, 10:40:37 am by Wiltshire Exile »
A true professional in every sense of the word. It has been a pleasure to have him here at the rovers, and to watch a proper No.9 graft, bully, and be a complete PITA to opposing defenders, getting the better of them, and of course putting the ball in the back of the net. Well played John. I wish you and your family happiness, I hope everything goes well for you and your fiance with the birth of your second child. Enjoy your time at Pompey, and wish you all the success you hope for. Take care Johnny boy, and thank you for giving your all for my club.

This! 👍

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 01, 2019, 10:54:12 am by grayx »
Marquis now clear fav to be league1 top scorer (7/1)..

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 01, 2019, 11:21:10 am by arkseyrover »
Big John will be a big miss for us but it was inevitable that he was gonna go and am glad its finally sorted. Just a pity he's gone to one of our big rivals. We can now move forward and re build. Lets hope we pull in some quality replacements now.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 01, 2019, 11:37:12 am by since-1969 »
This painful tooth saga has dragged on so long it should  have come as no surprise he left , but unlike a tooth ache when there’s an extraction it’s relief generally takes place but its seems more like grief over this lose as we’re left with a gaping hole where a shiny tooth should be . So were toothless.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012