Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:52:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What rumours have you heard then?  (Read 16551 times)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Re: What rumours have you heard then?
« Reply #30 on June 01, 2012, 01:11:31 pm by craigdrfc »
Will look a bit naff ..... but predictable really as we rarely got anywhere near filling the ground in the Championship and the vast majority of away followings will be less than last season too.

Just one of the natural aspects of relegation i guess.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 01, 2012, 01:27:19 pm by 5minstogo »
Reserve your seat? Pah

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 01, 2012, 01:29:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Should experiment with safe standing in the North, encourage a singing section and pay on the turnstyle. Just have a couple of turnstyles open, 1 kiosk and a couple of stewards and see how the uptake is.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 01, 2012, 01:31:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm sorry but if it's closed completely it's a stupid idea imo.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 01, 2012, 01:48:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »
DVR - that is a terrific idea - far too good to be considered seriously  :crying:

Probably against some FA jobsworth's rules

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 01, 2012, 02:09:16 pm by donnyroversfc »
 :laugh: :laugh: only having 3 stands open? How tinpot are we?!?

We're gunna look like a right bunch of muppets.

DonSkippy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 01, 2012, 02:22:39 pm by DonSkippy »

Should still be in the top 5 or 6 in attendances in League 1. Blunts, Preston, Pompey, Cov, MK Dons, Us...

Makes clear economic sense if we are no where near filling it to save money on staffing one of the stands.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 01, 2012, 02:25:20 pm by donnyroversfc »

Should still be in the top 5 or 6 in attendances in League 1. Blunts, Preston, Pompey, Cov, MK Dons, Us...

Makes clear economic sense if we are no where near filling it to save money on staffing one of the stands.

That depends on how well we're doing, you know how fickle the fair weather supporters in donny are.

Still though, it wouldn't look good on us if opposition supporters turn up to see we've had to close a stand down to save costs/lack of fans... We will look pretty tinpot.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 01, 2012, 02:53:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Could be a step closer to using the North Stand for unreserved seating (I hope)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 01, 2012, 03:03:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I would hope the idea is to do that, get both ends open to home supporters for games against clubs such as Yeovil who won't bring more than 1000.  That makes perfect sense IMO, and would explain why you wouldn't want STH in that area of the East, thus you can move between North and East as an unreserved POTD option and run deals etc, makes sense to me.  If the North will be empty, silly idea.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 01, 2012, 03:16:55 pm by silent majority »
The club are not closing the North Stand, it would cost more money to do that.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 01, 2012, 03:24:09 pm by eastender »

So SM as you seem to be in the Know , are they shutting half of the the East stand then to save money or have they got another cunning plan up their sleeve .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 01, 2012, 03:43:22 pm by silent majority »

So SM as you seem to be in the Know , are they shutting half of the the East stand then to save money or have they got another cunning plan up their sleeve .

They are attempting to close off two blocks of seating, I think they are ESA and ESB, but it may be ESB and ESC. I'm not sure if they ever sell seats in ESA as that could be the covered section. But everybody who is being asked to move is being upgraded to a Cat A seat. It is a cost saving exercise.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 01, 2012, 03:48:13 pm by Jim Dobbin »
Barnsley will bid for Coppinger now that they've had their bid for Norwood turned down and Rotherham have become the Man City of lower league football.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 01, 2012, 03:56:05 pm by Northants Nomad »
I have said for a very long time that we should move away fans to a corner/end of one side and give the areas behind BOTH goals to the home fans - the KM has been one of the few grounds which seems to give a whole end to away fans. Why should away fans get to berate our keeper unchallenged? If this is the intention, bring it on.

Now, if the North stand is to become a mirrored singing section along with the South, that'll sound a lot better. Noise in stereo.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 01, 2012, 04:31:43 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »

They are attempting to close off two blocks of seating, I think they are ESA and ESB, but it may be ESB and ESC. I'm not sure if they ever sell seats in ESA as that could be the covered section. But everybody who is being asked to move is being upgraded to a Cat A seat. It is a cost saving exercise.

Instead of it looking at empty seats, it would be a good idea to put one of the big flags there.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 01, 2012, 04:52:14 pm by MrFrost »

What if demand required these blocks opening?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 01, 2012, 04:56:54 pm by coventryrover »
Unless they remove the seating it still could be reopened.   Got to get the demand first.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 01, 2012, 07:32:24 pm by silent majority »

Instead of it looking at empty seats, it would be a good idea to put one of the big flags there.

Already discussed it. We've also considered having them on the outside of the building.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 01, 2012, 09:31:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Tell em no if they want to move you want a refund

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 01, 2012, 11:36:53 pm by MrFrost »
I hardly see closing a couple of blocks of seats is going to save much money. Maybe a couple of stewards and one catering kiosk at the most. Is it worth pissing off possible season ticket holders in those areas?

pubteam

« Reply #51 on June 01, 2012, 11:39:58 pm by pubteam »
I hardly see closing a couple of blocks of seats is going to save much money. Maybe a couple of stewards and one catering kiosk at the most. Is it worth pissing off possible season ticket holders in those areas?

Why would they be pissed off if they're being upgraded to a better category seat?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 01, 2012, 11:44:16 pm by MrFrost »
Because maybe said person has sat in the same seat since the stadium opened?
Seems a pointless exercise to me. Still, I guess the stadium will be two thirds empty for most games anyway next season.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 01, 2012, 11:44:52 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We could do one of two things,on the games where we will nowhere near fill the ground,give thousands of tickets away to the local schools,you lose on the gate money,but gain a little bit on kiosk sales,because most kids can't go without wanting a drink or something to eat,this would also encourage a new generation of supporters that would pay in the long term,if they're young kids maybe the parent gets in half price with proof of who they are,i know they already give tickets on a small scale to schools,but if they gave away say two thousand tickets,at least a bit would come through what they buy at the ground,we need to encourage the kids while they are young,and before they start supporting the bigger clubs,this is one of the only ways we will grow our fan population.
The Second on a less serious note,is paint a mural with fans on,like Arsenal did when they were putting a stand up,just a light hearted suggestion!! :lol:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 01, 2012, 11:47:34 pm by MrFrost »
Free tickets are given away to local schools as far as I am aware.

pubteam

« Reply #55 on June 01, 2012, 11:54:15 pm by pubteam »
Seems a pointless exercise to me. Still, I guess the stadium will be two thirds empty for most games anyway next season.

Surely anyone with a normal, rational and non-confrontational mind will see the bigger picture?

I've had to move to a completely different stand when they've closed the SS for cup games. Is moving along a block such a big deal?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 01, 2012, 11:56:28 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Yes i know they do give some away to the schools,but maybe on a larger scale with the younger supporters it would help in the long term,it's hard for the club because they're is a short fall to fill,but this would be a bit of forward thinking in my opinion,by the way it's not for any personal gain the suggestions for i haven't got any kids!!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 02, 2012, 12:04:02 am by Mr1Croft »
Is there only me who cannot understand the whole "I have sat in this very seat for every Rovers game since the Keepmoat Stadium opened in 2007, why should I move?"

Sometimes a change is good for you...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 02, 2012, 12:04:30 am by MrFrost »
[/qu

Surely anyone with a normal, rational and non-confrontational mind will see the bigger picture?

I've had to move to a completely different stand when they've closed the SS for cup games. Is moving along a block such a big deal?

If it isn't such a big deal, why do people object to moving blocks when a singing section is mooted? The old "why should I have to move" is the usual excuse!

pubteam

« Reply #59 on June 02, 2012, 12:19:27 am by pubteam »
[/qu

If it isn't such a big deal, why do people object to moving blocks when a singing section is mooted? The old "why should I have to move" is the usual excuse!

I think it's less "why should I have to move?" and more "I disagree with you over the area of the ground in which the singing section should be."

TinyPortal © 2005-2012