Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:27:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sean O'Driscoll  (Read 16549 times)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
Sean O'Driscoll
« on May 16, 2012, 04:13:47 pm by Woodhead Passer »
The new manager of Crawley Town

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Sean O'Driscoll
« Reply #1 on May 16, 2012, 04:22:20 pm by donnyroversfc »
Bad move for him, this now means it'll be a little while longer until he's managing in the premier league.

Crawley dont deserve him, best manager in league 1 next season by far.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 16, 2012, 04:23:04 pm by RoversAlias »
There is no bigger set of Kitsons in the country than Crawley Town. So I am highly, highly disappointed that O'Driscoll has gone there. Even worse is that he now gets to try (surely successfully) to beat us.

Eurgh.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 16, 2012, 04:25:13 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Well I'm happy for him.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 16, 2012, 04:26:45 pm by donnyroversfc »
Think i might cry when i see him stood in the opposition technical area against us next season  :(

Come on then, which players will he take from us? My guess is that both Oster and Hayter will join him.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 16, 2012, 04:28:57 pm by ridgewoodrover »
got a sneaky feeling who our first game will be against.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 16, 2012, 04:31:10 pm by RoversAlias »
Think i might cry when i see him stood in the opposition technical area against us next season  :(

Come on then, which players will he take from us? My guess is that both Oster and Hayter will join him.

Ooh that is a positive, he can take all our rubbish to his new team now!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 16, 2012, 04:36:49 pm by donnyroversfc »

Ooh that is a positive, he can take all our rubbish to his new team now!

And turn them good again knowing him  :lol:

Is Baxendale under contract with us still? If not, sign him up now before SO'D does!!!

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 16, 2012, 04:46:29 pm by Wade Falana »
We need to get Baxendale signed up asap or I could see him going to Crawley, would be a mistake to lose him imo.

Could see a few others going there, Chambo, JOC, Hayter. Maybe he would like to give Gary Woods a chance.

Paul Walker from Radio Sheff just tweeted...

Crawley have pulled off a master stroke by appointing Sean O'Driscoll. Chuffed to see a top manager back in the thick of things again!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 16, 2012, 04:56:31 pm by Chris »
Crawley will probably finish above us this season. I'd also be more confident in them winning promotion before we manage it.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 16, 2012, 04:58:42 pm by donnyroversfc »
Not a chance... Fatty Evans left Crawley for Rotherham for a reason, he can see exactly where they are heading, straight back down the leagues!

DonSkippy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 16, 2012, 05:01:20 pm by DonSkippy »

Could see a few others going there, Chambo, JOC, Hayter. Maybe he would like to give Gary Woods a chance.

Hope so! They get to play under Sean again, we knock ~£25k a week off the wage bill...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 16, 2012, 05:18:35 pm by Wellred »
Which forum is this?
Some of you lot need to remember which football club you actually claim to support.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 16, 2012, 05:20:15 pm by drfcsteve »
"Crawley is a good fit for me. They are a club trying to do things the right way. I came to the club and the area three times before I decided to take the job and spoke to a lot of people and I got a very good feel for what has been achieved in the last two years and the potential there is to develop Crawley Town still further.

"This is a challenge I am really looking forward to. My football philosophy is to improve players and the way they think about the game. It is going to be a busy summer. Going from League 2 to League 1 is quite a jump but I'm looking forward to getting started. My message to the fans is simple: Please support your local team."

Chief Executive Alan Williams said: "The appointment of our next manager was the key to the future success of the club. We are 100% convinced that we have made the perfect appointment.

"Sean brings with him a wealth of experience and a track record of success which matches the ambition of this football club.

"Our Director of Football Steve Coppell worked extremely hard identifying Sean as the ideal candidate and thanks to his hard work we have been able to bring him to the club."

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 16, 2012, 05:21:09 pm by drfcsteve »
Which forum is this?
Some of you lot need to remember which football club you actually claim to support.

Everyone ignore him, he wants people to bite.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 16, 2012, 06:22:18 pm by MachoMadness »
What is it that seems to annoy people about Crawley? Genuine question as I know nowt about them.

Well done to SO'D anyway, but hopefully our own manager gets to build his own successful team and we won't be talking about SO'D quite as much next season.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 16, 2012, 06:40:54 pm by timdrfc »
Which forum is this?
Totally agree with you !,

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 16, 2012, 06:43:15 pm by Rios »
What is it that seems to annoy people about Crawley? Genuine question as I know nowt about them.

Well done to SO'D anyway, but hopefully our own manager gets to build his own successful team and we won't be talking about SO'D quite as much next season.

It'll be a combination of fat Steve Evens, being bank rolled, fat Steve Evens, a bit of jealousy and fat Steve Evans.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 16, 2012, 07:55:12 pm by drfc1951 »
As long as we win both league games against them, thats all that matters.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 16, 2012, 08:24:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
There's only one Sean O'Driscoll will nice to hear that sung again by Crawley Supporters at the Keepmoat.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 16, 2012, 08:30:01 pm by drfc1951 »
There's only one Sean O'Driscoll will nice to hear that sung again by Crawley Supporters at the Keepmoat.

I would like our clubs supporters to be singing Theres only one Dean Saunders.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 16, 2012, 08:33:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
Selected few may continue to that but all will not happen.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 16, 2012, 08:46:04 pm by donnyroversfc »
I wont be singing Dean Saunders barmy Army until i feel he's deserved it (i still like him though and support him, want him to succeed etc.).

I'll definitely give SO'D a chant though, only before the match. Concentrate on nobody but Rovers during the game.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 16, 2012, 08:52:51 pm by drfc1951 »
Ill give him a chant pre match like i did Dave Penny,then i hope im singing ODriscoll whats the score.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 16, 2012, 09:06:41 pm by Donnybob »
Forest fans sound pretty gutted about this on their forums...

According to sky sports crawley town are trying to get sean o'driscoll as there next manager.

Great!.really would have liked him to stay here.

Anybody else seen this?.

So now we are competing with crawley....

I give up.

We can't compete

Problem is we no longer have a 3-year plan.

If this is true, I'd just like to say a huge thanks to SoD. None of us knew what you actually did to help us, but our fortunes did turn about the time you arrived. Good luck at Crawley

Massive blow for us, SOD kept us up.

Good job for him to go to. I sense Crawley are not finished heading up the leagues.

Getting SOD back in for next season could be huge. His influence on the players seems to have worked (Several players have even said so)

Don't know how much of an impact he really did make but we did seem to pick up once he arrived. Would love to have him as manager and think he'd be the right kind manager to have in the present situation.

f**king hell. This is rubbish. Why couldn't they opt for Cottenil and pay us for him? After all he's the 'mastermind' behind our survival is he not?

Crap on a biscuit!

Yeh SOD's gone. It's a mutiny !

Just gets worse doesn't it? Getting sick of it now, we could do with some good news.

Feck and feck. I'm not liking any of this at all.

Great coup for Crawley.

Wonder what the odds are on us going down next year? Players leaving, S'OD gone.

There's a real possibility that Sean O'Driscoll will find himself managing a club in a higher league than Cotterill is in twelve months.

There's more of a possibility we'll be in the same league.

Best of luck Sean and thanks for everything.

All falling apart around us. First McCleary, then O'Driscoll, and now there's more bad news tomorrow. Didn't want to believe it was happening, but it is now.

I really think that the club should have seriously considered dismissing Cotterill to keep SOD and make him manager instead.

I'd have felt more confident giong into next season with SOD in charge

We were woeful until O'Driscoll arrived

Good luck Sean and thanks for saving us from relegation.

SOD is bound to be linked to a lot of jobs because we do not have the money to offer him a longer contract.

Thanks Sean I am also of the opinion that he saved us.

We need SOD here but that's not going to happen while there is no new owner at the club.

I know which one id sooner see leave and it isnt O`Driscoll

Come the start of the new season we will all see that O`Driscoll got the team playing and not Cotterill.

Sean staying with us could be the signing of the summer.

If we are to work with lower league players and youth, SO'D is a priority

This is not good news as I like SOD

This is where it starts boys. We are facked.

But if it turns out true then one thing for certain will be relegation to League 1 next season. The only reason i believe that we stayed in the Championship was down to O'Driscoll and him alone.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 16, 2012, 09:34:57 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't chant for the opposition no matter who they are, I don't like that. Bit a courtesy applause, sure. A full on chant? No.

People hate Crawley because they're a scrubby little non-league club who bought their way into the league, go about their business in a horrid manner (spearheaded in the past by Steve "Biggest Kitson in Football" Evans) and are generally just a horrible bunch.

There's certainly no jealousy here.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 16, 2012, 09:40:35 pm by Nudga »
See me, I'm not getting this at all. So many on here had SO'D lined up for huge things, a big championship club that he could take to the PL. He ends up at Crawley who won't get anywhere near our attendances (which have been poor to say the least). So he's gonna end up having the same old problems there as he did here. It doesn't add up.

Unless the big club chairmen don't see him as dynamic as a Brenden Rodgers or a Martinez and he would only take them sideways at best.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 17, 2012, 09:46:35 am by Surrey Rover »
If there is such thing as having a "second team" then Crawley Town are mine. I've watched them since 1988 and during that period have attended on average between 5-10 games a season.

Back in 1988 they were playing in the Beazer Homes Premier (Southern League) at their old Town Mead ground in front of an average gate of 400-500 fans. In 1997 they moved to the new Broadfield Stadium and by Southern League standards it was an excellent facility. It has just had the ground capacity brought up to slightly under 6000 which makes it capacity wise on a par with the Deva Stadium Chester. With the likes of Portsmouth just an hour away  policing the ground will be a challenge for some fixtures next season.

The club won promotion to the Conference one year after we left it in 2003 and won it last season.

The one thing that strikes me about my trips to the Broadfield Stadium is I'm surrounded by people like myself, I'm there because the team I support are not playing or geographically I'm unable to attend. Palace, Brighton, West ham, Spurs, Arsenal are all well supported in these parts and the lack of Crawley Town replica shirts at home matches tells its own story. At last seasons match with Luton Town at Kenilworth Road which at the time was a top of the table clash 149 Crawley fans made the 1 hour trip around the M25... Their record home attendance is  4,723 on Good Friday this year. For the final home game of this season against Hereford which would have sealed promotion had they won 4,615 turned up...

So my thoughts on SOD's appointment? Shocked. I just think he could have done so much better given his past record, but well done to CTFC on getting hold of him. The job ahead of him is massive. The loss of Barnett and Tubbs almost cost them promotion and why they sold their strike force at such a critical stage of the season is still unclear. It made them a tier 2 mid table side at best once those two had gone and only points accrued previously kept the promotion train rolling.  Evans jumping ship just after he'd been forced to sell on the jewels in the crown was no big surprise. I just don't see how they can sustain the forward momentum when the club can't fill a ground that holds less than 6000 whilst on a run of two promotions in 12 months.

So in response to SOD's rallying call for the people of Crawley to support their local side, sorry Sean it just isn't going to happen...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:54:37 am by Surrey Rover »

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 17, 2012, 12:33:51 pm by Capmeister »
Tasty couple of games. Particulary at home. Be interesting to see how the fans re-act both before and after the games

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 17, 2012, 08:37:57 pm by Donnybax »
Good look sean i shall be looking out for crawleys results next season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012