Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:08:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sean O'Driscoll  (Read 16545 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Sean O'Driscoll
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2012, 01:17:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
I am still in touch with Sean and he sounded over the moon with the level of support he still has at Donny. I know he would be very apprecative if we recognised his efforts for Donny next time we meet in battle.

I am very surprised at his move to Crawley for obvious reason he deserves better. His intention is to get them established in the 1st div. and if he does that it will be a great achievement for such a small club. I am already dreading our games with them as Sean has something to prove , a man on a mission.

I have known Dave Hunt, right back at Crawley since he was 18 when he made his début for  Palace and then England U19's. When I told him Sean was their new manager he said "he was very pleased and that it was the first time in his carreer that he has had a manager that suits his style of play".

Best of luck Sean!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2012, 02:49:42 pm by Mr1Croft »
I don't chant for the opposition no matter who they are, I don't like that. Bit a courtesy applause, sure. A full on chant? No.

People hate Crawley because they're a scrubby little non-league club who bought their way into the league, go about their business in a horrid manner (spearheaded in the past by Steve "Biggest Kitson in Football" Evans) and are generally just a horrible bunch.

There's certainly no jealousy here.

I think it does depend who they are though. When Penney came to Keepmoat he was met with "Penney what's the score?" but at the full whistle there was a "One Dave Penney". Away to Notts County we sang to Ricky Ravenhill. In fact I don't think there have been many ex people who have left the Rovers to be met with pure hatred upon their return, the only one in my memory is Kevin McIntyre. McIndoe got a bit of jibe off us but it was totally uncalled for in my opinion.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2012, 05:30:54 pm by RoversAlias »
We also gave Penney a round of applause before that game as well.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2012, 11:53:49 pm by Standanista »
One thing that's not been mentioned is Crawley's location: West Sussex, next door to Hampshire.  Crawley's not a million miles away from his old stomping ground of Bournemouth, so the chance for him and his family to go back to familiar parts may have been what swung it in the end.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 19, 2012, 11:55:39 am by Alickismyhero »
I  think Coppell had a lot to do with it. Its a much smaller club than Donny all round so why he decided on Crawley I just don't know? I would hope he has a get out clause in his contract and doesn't believe everything he has been promised from the board.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 19, 2012, 12:02:39 pm by Filo »
I`m not a believer of chanting his name, he`s gone, it`s in the past, and all the chanting does is undermine our present manager, whoever that may be at the time. Polite applause, when he goes to the dugout, will suffice in my opinion, nothing more, he will be the opposition.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 19, 2012, 12:06:52 pm by donnyroversfc »
'One Sean O'Driscoll, there's only one Sean O'Driscoll' before and after the game... During the game we need to focus on nobody but the Rovers, no doubt if were losing though we'll have some pathetic jeb ends singing his name for long periods of the match.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 19, 2012, 12:19:03 pm by Filo »
'One Sean O'Driscoll, there's only one Sean O'Driscoll' before and after the game... During the game we need to focus on nobody but the Rovers, no doubt if were losing though we'll have some pathetic jeb ends singing his name for long periods of the match.

No his name should not be sung at all, applause before the game is enough!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 19, 2012, 12:23:12 pm by donnyroversfc »

Why not? We sang for Dave Penney and i thought that was very well done, not disrespectful to any of the current staff. its just showing our appreciation for a club legend, same as i hope we'll end up giving Saunders the same response when he leaves us for pastures new and returns as the opposition.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 19, 2012, 12:38:06 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm with Filo on this one, we shouldn't be actively chanting for the opposition before and after the game. Applaud him when he comes out, it will suffice.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 19, 2012, 12:42:55 pm by NickDRFC »

Why not? We sang for Dave Penney and i thought that was very well done, not disrespectful to any of the current staff. its just showing our appreciation for a club legend, same as i hope we'll end up giving Saunders the same response when he leaves us for pastures new and returns as the opposition.

I think Saunders has a bit to do before he can be considered a "club legend" yet!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 19, 2012, 12:45:07 pm by donnyroversfc »

I think Saunders has a bit to do before he can be considered a "club legend" yet!

Yep which is why i said i hope he gets the same response... SO'D had 5 years here? became a club legend in that time, no reason why Saunders cant do the same  :)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 19, 2012, 01:06:57 pm by Wellred »
Yet again Rovers supporters continue to live in the past. Move on get over it.
No doubt the same supporters go on and on criticising  Leeds fans for going on about their past!!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 19, 2012, 01:24:33 pm by donnyroversfc »
Wow you've actually written a post wellred instead of your usual  :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 19, 2012, 01:34:04 pm by Wellred »
Wow you've actually written a post wellred instead of your usual  :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Selective vision young man tut tut.
Read and observe.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 19, 2012, 01:37:34 pm by donnyroversfc »
I try to read all your posts, infact when i see your name in 'last post' i open the thread in anticipation... 99% of the time i leave the thread feeling very disappointed.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 19, 2012, 01:42:26 pm by Red wizard »
We shouldn't be singing is name at all imo. It was shocking when fans was singing is name at Forest during the game. What must the players think? Sod will always be a club ledgend but we need to move on.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 19, 2012, 01:54:07 pm by Wellred »
Agree 100%. It is undignified to our present Manager no matter what anyone thinks about him.
I was one of those who wanted rid of SOD but I would never consider booing him when he comes back as an opposition Manager.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 19, 2012, 02:04:23 pm by Filo »
I try to read all your posts, infact when i see your name in 'last post' i open the thread in anticipation... 99% of the time i leave the thread feeling very disappointed.

Read your own post`s you might turn that 99% into 100%

You`re boring the tits off the majority of posters!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:11:20 pm by Filo »

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 19, 2012, 02:07:59 pm by donnyroversfc »
Oh well nevermind, im sure nobody is losing any sleep over it, just like im not losing any sleep over the boring drivel that Wellred posts.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 19, 2012, 02:24:07 pm by Wellred »
Oh well nevermind, im sure nobody is losing any sleep over it, just like im not losing any sleep over the boring drivel that Wellred posts.

Whenever I read your posts you actually brighten those dull and boring days we all have.
You make me chuckle with your posts.
You slag players off you don't see play.
You comment on games that you don't attend.
You say you buy a season ticket but don't attend games.
You are having a love affair with another clubs player.
You hate WM but cannot give a good reason what he has done wrong.
I could go on and on.

Don't give up posting you really do give us entertainment with the crap you come out with.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 19, 2012, 02:35:50 pm by donnyroversfc »

Whenever I read your posts you actually brighten those dull and boring days we all have.
You make me chuckle with your posts.
You slag players off you don't see play.
You comment on games that you don't attend.
You say you buy a season ticket but don't attend games.
You are having a love affair with another clubs player.
You hate WM but cannot give a good reason what he has done wrong.
I could go on and on.

Don't give up posting you really do give us entertainment with the crap you come out with.

I wish i could say you are entertaining also but really, you aint. Just a bore.

You make me chuckle with your posts. cheers, i am a comedy genius and the lead member of the VSC comedy club.

You slag players off you don't see play. I've seen our players play, plenty of times. I know who are shit and who are good.

You comment on games that you don't attend. as do many others, ones that miss the match through work, or exiles... Nothing wrong with that.

You say you buy a season ticket but don't attend games. Yes, i did buy a ticket and yes i didn't attend very many games at all.

You are having a love affair with another clubs player. Billy Kee is god! End of.

You hate WM but cannot give a good reason what he has done wrong. Failed experiment, plenty of court cases and lots of bad press about his dealings... FA regulation breaker... Tars the good image of our club... Try's using us as a cash cow for crap overseas players (he admitted that himself).

I could go on and on. So could i but infortunately the pub is calling me.

Bye babe XxXx

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 19, 2012, 03:46:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You hate WM but cannot give a good reason what he has done wrong. Failed experiment, plenty of court cases and lots of bad press about his dealings... FA regulation breaker... Tars the good image of our club... Try's using us as a cash cow for crap overseas players (he admitted that himself).

Using us as a cash cow? Yeah, true but at the end of the day we were getting a percentage of any fee that he got. So he had a right to make some money if he's helping us make some too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 19, 2012, 04:04:21 pm by Filo »
Failed experiment you hated him before the experiment

plenty of court cases He`s never been convicted in a criminal court, his civil court case was to do with him suing the Daily Mail

lots of bad press about his dealings... He successfully sued the Daily Mail, which suggest`s that the bad press was lies

FA regulation breaker... Did n`t JR recently get a £3000 fine for breaking FA rules?

I could go on and on. Please do, now your other points have been rubbished!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 19, 2012, 04:22:17 pm by Alickismyhero »
I can see both points of view. I think the chanting of Sean's name, which is inevitable in my opinion, would embarrass the man but some low key applause I know he would appreciate it. I can remember a game against Palace when our supporters requested a wave from Sean and he never responded but when our supporters sang the same thing to Warnock he did give a wave, one an introvert and the other an extrovert. Having watched Sean's team over five years he will show what he feels with his teams performance after all he has something to prove.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 19, 2012, 06:43:21 pm by nice one rovers »
Good look sean i shall be looking out for crawleys results next season
We all will , I'm guessing that generally speaking, you should find them somewhere above us in the table.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 19, 2012, 06:53:15 pm by Wellred »
We all will , I'm guessing that generally speaking, you should find them somewhere above us in the table.

b*llocks. I expect us to be above them in the table. If you are that negative why bother supporting US at all.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 19, 2012, 07:09:46 pm by donnyroversfc »
Failed experiment you hated him before the experiment

plenty of court cases He`s never been convicted in a criminal court, his civil court case was to do with him suing the Daily Mail

lots of bad press about his dealings... He successfully sued the Daily Mail, which suggest`s that the bad press was lies

FA regulation breaker... Did n`t JR recently get a £3000 fine for breaking FA rules?

I could go on and on. Please do, now your other points have been rubbished!

Well i'm back from the pub, was a pretty boring one tbf... A lot like certain people's posts on here  :)

you hated him before the experiment That is true, and i'm not the only one in the footballing world! I mentioned the failed experiment because Wellred stated that Mr Teflon had never done anything wrong, his experiment clearly was.

He`s never been convicted in a criminal court, his civil court case was to do with him suing the Daily Mail That is ofcourse true, and i apologise to Mr Teflon for thinking he'd been charged by the police and taken to court... I got mixed up with his many investigations  :)

I find it incredible (and i think it speaks volumes for the kind of people we have on this forum) that you can TRY to stick up for Mr Teflon, the man who himself admitted he was at OUR club purely for his own financial gain, while feeding our squad with nothing but utter shite and making OUR club a laughing stock and dragging us down to his level in the footballing world.

Did n`t JR recently get a £3000 fine for breaking FA rules? Yes, he did  :) that was for comments about a match official though where as McKay's was to do with transfers... John Ryan received a tiny fine for his comments and McKay received a suspended BAN... The two cases can't be compared.

Please do, now your other points have been rubbished! My points have not been 'rubbished' there is more negatives about Mr Teflon than there is positives.

Ask yourself this, do you feel right, sticking up for a man who not only admitted to using us as a source of income from his crap overseas players (leading us into a mini-turmoil of sorts, and showing our club up as the amateur outfit as they are) but also a man who has been criticised by all sections of the football world and has had petitions against his involvement in the sport.

Nobody is invincible, and people always get their just desserts in the end  :)

Please, continue as you were... I look forward to hearing from you  :)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 19, 2012, 07:12:13 pm by donnyroversfc »

b*llocks. I expect us to be above them in the table. If you are that negative why bother supporting US at all.

Do grow up Wellred, he's expecting Crawley to finish above US and you're thinking the opposite. EVERYONE has opinions and EVERYONE is entitled to air theirs.

Stop trying to question someone's support, especially when you aint the model supporter yourself.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 19, 2012, 07:31:33 pm by nice one rovers »

Crikey! No need to swear at me. It's just my thoughts , calm down and go make yourself a nice cup of tea (I suggest de-caf for you). 
How rude.
Where's this swearing filter anyway?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:34:43 pm by nice one rovers »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012