Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:31:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should Dickov go now before its too late?

GO
173 (90.6%)
STAY
18 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Author Topic: SHOULD HE STAY OR GO?  (Read 16074 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: SHOULD HE STAY OR GO?
« Reply #60 on August 23, 2015, 10:21:45 am by grayx »
Have 8 people misunderstood the question or has dickos1 voted more than once?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 23, 2015, 10:48:08 am by dickos1 »
dickos1 hasn't voted cock

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 23, 2015, 10:50:00 am by Not Now Kato »
dickos1 hasn't voted cock

Perhaps he should.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 23, 2015, 11:09:37 am by Canadian Rover »
We've only lost one game (albeit badly) I understand the frustration from everyone...but is it as bad as people are thinking?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 23, 2015, 11:16:28 am by Copps is Magic »
We've only lost one game (albeit badly) I understand the frustration from everyone...but is it as bad as people are thinking?

It would be worse if it wasn't for the keeper.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 23, 2015, 11:18:38 am by Dare to dream! »

It would be worse if it wasn't for the keeper.

I think people are mistaken if they think the few goals we have conceaded (up until yesterday) was down do us tightening up as a unit. It's simply because we've got a better keeper who has kept the goals out.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 23, 2015, 11:40:41 am by DonnyOsmond »

Yes. We're not creating, it's terrible to watch and we've not scored from open play all season. After over 2 years people have lost patience.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 23, 2015, 11:51:55 am by IDM »
Not one to jump on the sacking managers bandwagon. I think four games is too soon in any circumstance. However, the views of the paying public can't be ignored.

Going into yesterday's game I was very much of the opinion that it was an opportunity to silence the doubters. All of this about no wins or goals from open play. I thought we could nick a win yesterday and then all of a sudden 6 points from 4 with no defeats and a solid defensive record would've stood up as a decent start. I had it all played out! To then come away with a 3 nil defeat, and even worse a (by all accounts) abject and gutless performance, is disastrous. It shows how quickly things can turn around. His position must be in doubt now which is a shame, I want(ed) him to succeed but I'm not sure where the signs of that are.

We do have 'previous' at this stage of the season. Penney went after some 5 games despite being one of our most successful managers ever and putting the good name of the club well and truly back on the map. O'Driscoll was fired after 5 games despite being (arguably) the best manager we've ever had and establishing us in the Championship. What stuck in the throat about that 5 game sacking was that, despite the poor results at the start of the season, it was still clear what we were trying to do and the players were very evidently playing for him but just falling short against clubs with playing budgets that dwarfed ours. I'm not sure we can say that right now - that's one for people that have been to more games than me to answer. Dickov, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have the past record to fall back on that would make firing him now look like a knee jerk reaction of questionable judgement. He comes across as a likeable guy and I've no doubt he's trying his absolute best. I want it to be good enough but the signs are not good.

I'm not into this criticism of the Board. They are financing OUR club. Season in, season out, they are paying out money to keep our club going at a decent level. We may not have the biggest budget but nor does it seem unworkable to me. It's not as if we're being asset stripped or horrendously mismanaged. Look a short while back in our history at what can go wrong, look at the likes of Blackpool, be careful what you wish for in that respect.

I'm fully behind our owners but they do have some serious thinking to do regarding the management of the team. To suggest they don't care is utter nonsense, it's their money. I applaud them for not bowing to the culture of hiring and firing every few months, but maybe there does come a time when a change is needed for everyone's benefit...

Spot on, apart from the SoD game count.

Well presented points and more or less precisely the same as my take on the situation.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 23, 2015, 11:54:34 am by Askern_reds »
And i for one hope he has the decency to walk rather than make the board pay out on sacking him.
I was just about to ask that , would we av to pay him off and how much

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 23, 2015, 12:32:13 pm by Derby Viking »
Losing against Ipswich and Fleetwood with apathetic displays should seal his fate - so what's the betting we fluke a 1.0 win for one of them....

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 23, 2015, 03:03:37 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
8 people say stay, I would love to know their opinions on why DICKov is the man for us? Explain..

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 23, 2015, 10:00:33 pm by les@donr »
8 people say stay, I would love to know their opinions on why DICKov is the man for us? Explain..

Now ten.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 23, 2015, 10:19:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Now ten.

I'm one of them. The signs aren't good, but I think now is too soon.

The question asks "should he go now before it's too late?"

That question smells of blind panic, but I'll try and reason it out. If it's about avoiding relegation, that's plain daft. It can't be about winning fans back either. That wouldn't be a significant factor for a long time. So it must be about getting promotion. And there is an assumption that a new manager would be better, or maybe there's a blind "he couldn't be worse" - well, a new manager could be far worse.

Are Bradford or Rotherham or Wigan, or any of the clubs below us about to change manager? Few, if any, for the next couple of games at least. There's a good reason for that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 23, 2015, 10:19:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It's clearly Barnsley and Rotherham fans that are the 10 votes.

No one for him has even posted.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 24, 2015, 12:00:35 am by Canadian Rover »
I posted for him to stay (despite  being against him previously) I just feel that the season is too early and that I have benefited  from not watching the games (other  than leeds online).

Part of my reasoning  (despite not being against the board) is that I don't  see what they will do to improve us....will they bring in a good manager and back him financially for promotion (I think not) & they also have let dickov bring in GT this season...so that would likely mean more cost to fire him.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 24, 2015, 07:17:53 am by DRNaith »
They need to weigh up PR or pushing away the actual fanbase.

I'm not sure that the fan base is being lost. Most of those fans will be back when success on the pitch returns, whether that's with or without Dickov.

This period of low gates due to the current situation will be hurting the club though and that may force the board's hand.

bally1950

« Reply #76 on August 24, 2015, 07:22:57 am by bally1950 »
Things have come to a head with the fans, the club however appear not concerned nor will make any comment, so He will not go until they say so. I personally believe him to be bullet proof.
We are entitled to our view and the low gates can be blamed on poor performances, But there are many other reasons people do not go and still support the team. I am one who is selective on games I attend and it is not soccer based decisions.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 24, 2015, 08:21:06 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
How can they appear not concerned when they have not appeared or spoken?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 24, 2015, 08:23:23 am by drfchound »
I cant actually remember when the owners spoke to the media or the fans about anything.
I t is quite difficult to know what they are concerned with or otherwise.

bally1950

« Reply #79 on August 24, 2015, 09:42:49 am by bally1950 »
I agree, so why are people thinking ahead, why should Dickov be sacked or not etc etc. As I have stated many times. We the fans do not come into the equation

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 24, 2015, 11:05:18 am by bobjimwilly »
As I have stated many times. We the fans do not come into the equation

I'm sure we do, but probably don't play as big a part as we'd like. If only there were some mechanism for the fans to be represented at board level :whistle:
In seriousness, I'm sure the board have set PD a points target which he is probably not going to meet.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 24, 2015, 11:39:30 am by Copps is Magic »
I woke up this morning fully expecting to have regretted my 'Dickov out' stance on the weekend but honestly I'm going in the opposite direction. If anyone from the club is listening please give another manager an opportunity with this team. I like Paul as a person but there's no room for sentiment in football. He's been struggling for too long.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 24, 2015, 11:57:19 am by Alan Southstand »
The fans come into the equation when they're not there! And that must be getting nearer and nearer to the pinch point.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 24, 2015, 12:04:51 pm by Yargo »
Same vote tally as after the Gillingham earlier this year and things have got worse since then. PD the initials stand for POT DOG.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 24, 2015, 12:14:53 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
The man is tactically inept, we cannot play one up front, he never has a Plan B.

He is on borrowed time for me, the football wasn't even enjoyable. I think the most enjoyable part of Saturday was the penalty save, Stuckmann played an excellent game for me.

For me though, he has to go, he's currently on a 30% win ratio, same as at Oldham.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 24, 2015, 04:15:26 pm by dickos1 »
The attendance argument isn't a reason to get rid. Our attendances were rubbish when we win the league and they've not dropped significantly now we're rubbish.
In league 1 we will always get the same

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 24, 2015, 04:37:06 pm by essexrover »
The cold hard facts are :
1st season - relegated, 2nd season - mid-table mediocrity ( after being in play off positions),3rd season - OK only 1 defeat so far, but style of play,lack of goals, over reliance on 'keeper & lack of depth in the squad have me fearing for our chances this season.
He doesn't seem to be a great motivator & always seems to be out- thought by opposing managers. We have some very good players but he just cant seem to get the best out of them.
I was surprised when he was appointed as he had no real track record to speak of but like many I thought everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves,but he's had a fair chance at Rovers,&
i'm sure he's trying his best, but maybe his best is just not good enough.
This is not a knee jerk reaction, & I'm aware that the season has only just started, but also taking into account the previous 2 full seasons he's had in charge. Sorry Paul  :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 24, 2015, 04:45:45 pm by Filo »
It's always tease tease tease
You're happy when I'm on my knees
One day is fine and next is black
So if you want me off your back
Well come on an' let me know
Should I Stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know............

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 24, 2015, 05:08:58 pm by IDM »

Disappointed you didn't quote the Spanish lyrics there Filo...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 24, 2015, 05:16:46 pm by The Red Baron »

You would have to quote my least -favourite Clash number!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012