Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:28:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If McCann goes...  (Read 16063 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: If McCann goes!!!
« Reply #30 on June 19, 2019, 07:40:41 pm by dickos1 »
Coleman struggled the last time he left Accrington

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 19, 2019, 07:41:37 pm by Dare to dream! »
Wonder if Nigel Adkins would be interested?

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 19, 2019, 07:49:47 pm by sheffield exile1 »
It goes to show how much he was rated by the fans that he is still talked about now.
Best ever manager we have ever had but ran out of steam/ideas possibly due to having to let such as Stock and Wellens go, don't quote me with dates, trying to consequentialise this, but when he went we were a shallow team of our former self with no ambition/ belief a toxic mixture and very negative passing constantly round the back with no end product...sorry but that was how I saw it for all it's warts...

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 19, 2019, 08:02:13 pm by Nudga »
For me, it would have to be a former or current player to try and unite the fan base properly.

Darren Moore, already experienced, cult hero status.

Copps, say no more, with an experienced number 2 alongside him. Richard O'Kelly anyone?

Neil Redfearn, not sure to be honest, highly rated coach but management????

Shame about Graeme Jones.

What's Gary Brabin up to nowadays? 😁

Wellens, rookie coach butvwants to play the right way.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:16:32 pm by Nudga »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 19, 2019, 08:04:57 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure Richard o Kelly will be leaving villa for us

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 19, 2019, 08:15:12 pm by Nudga »
Not sure Richard o Kelly will be leaving villa for us

Yep, probably right but working with John Terry has got to take its toll sooner or later.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 19, 2019, 08:39:34 pm by Draytonian III »
Gary Brabin was with Graeme Jones at Bristol Rovers Home game in March, they went into the East Stand then did a quick about turn because Jones spotted Mick Hartford there,Luton were playing Bristol Rovers on the following Saturday. Jones was nearly sprinting outside the East Stand with Brabin running behind him shouting  “ Bonner,Bonner wait ,wait up mate “.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 19, 2019, 08:40:52 pm by Campsall rover »
This thread is not relevant. Not yet. I don’t think it will be for 2/3 yrs.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 19, 2019, 09:52:13 pm by Lesonthewest »
Coleman took over a Rochdale side heading for relegation in the January & lasted just 12 months, hardly time to instil his own ways & put together his own team. Would be a good fit for us & have a little more time than a year I suspect. Like the way he gets his teams organised & working for each other, & with a bit bigger budget than he currently has.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 19, 2019, 10:01:40 pm by Campsall rover »
Coleman took over a Rochdale side heading for relegation in the January & lasted just 12 months, hardly time to instil his own ways & put together his own team. Would be a good fit for us & have a little more time than a year I suspect. Like the way he gets his teams organised & working for each other, & with a bit bigger budget than he currently has.
Think Coleman has been a brilliant manager for Accrington but my gut feeling is he might not be at most other clubs. Don’t think he would be a good fit for us personally.
He is Mr Accrington Stanley. Some managers are just made for 1 club. I think that applies to him.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 19, 2019, 10:11:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Is it too early to reopen the SOD debate?

Chris,

I would love Sean to come back but that's not going to happen primarily because we treated him so badly.

The manner in which he was sacked was deplorable.

Unfortunately I was at Reading away that day .. calling off on the way back from holiday in Torquay. The football was pityful to be honest Giles Barnes looked like a lost schoolboy no one had a clue what formation/tactics we were playing, 1000 miles away from Wembley and the Leeds defeat. Maybe the manner was wrong but we had definitely come to the end of the road that day.. he will always be a legend but like a lot of things the dream was well and truly over...

That game was an absolute disgrace.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 19, 2019, 11:16:11 pm by jackthelad »
If and it’s a big IF,McCann was to leave I would be very disappointed. That’s football however and these things can and do happen regularly.

Darren Moore or Nigel Adkins would probably be my first two choices in no particular order, however I wouldn’t have picked McCann and would’ve preferred Stuart Mcall this time last year so shows what I probably know!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
If Mccann leaves
« Reply #42 on June 20, 2019, 03:46:52 pm by redarmy82 »
How badly is this going to effect our chances next season?

It will probably be resolved within the next few days, but I doubt the club would have been expecting this, so i'm doubting they've even considered replacements.

The start of the season in less than 2 months away. Going on our past track record, it will take anything up to a month to bring someone else in, then they've got to pretty much build a new squad.

Worrying times.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: If Mccann leaves
« Reply #43 on June 20, 2019, 03:49:09 pm by RoversAlias »
It is worrying.

But, the club will be identifying potential replacements now, they'd be mad not to. The key for me is how quickly they get it done because we don't have time to be wasting now. Pre-season begins in a week!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
What now McCann!
« Reply #44 on June 20, 2019, 04:14:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
The fact GM went for or is going for an interview is enough for me I don't want to see him back. As GM said "I only want people who want to play for Donny"

Start looking for a new manager Mr Bramall and sting Hull for as much as you can get.

I just wonder if GM was tapped up before it all kicked off?

That's the last two managers that have left Donny in a very strange fashion. Will we ever find out why? I doubt it.

The show goes on.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: What now McCann!
« Reply #45 on June 20, 2019, 04:16:40 pm by RoversAlias »
I think you've gotten slightly ahead of yourself there, somehow.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 20, 2019, 04:19:54 pm by Spilsby Red »
Nothing has been set yet, he might go for an interview and find out it isn’t for him. Am sure a lot of us have gone for an interview whilst employed but it wasn’t what was expected.
He might not go for an interview, he might go and accept the job. I hope he stays. If he goes then that’s football.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 20, 2019, 04:20:08 pm by roversdude »
Could he bring Billy with him

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 20, 2019, 04:21:48 pm by ctay »
I hope Gavin or someone is now trying to convince him to stay. If he goes, we will be all at see at exactly the time that effects the club most (transfer window). Whilst I am sure back ups will have been though about, it does tend to take a while to sort out. Worrying.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 20, 2019, 04:23:20 pm by IDM »
How did we get from an official approach being made to having been for an interview.???

The conclusion jumping hurdle race sees a new leader.!!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 20, 2019, 04:25:43 pm by ravenrover »
Wot manger wood you hav
Sorry but it's not funny

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 20, 2019, 04:42:42 pm by Alickismyhero »
If it turns out that GM says no to the approach then I will back down and apologise.

The thought that he has gone out and got players to sign to play the way he wants the team to play and then he considers leaving, the club may well be in trouble, I find that very hard to accept.

The reason I say he may well leave our club in trouble is that our new manger may well not agree with the new players coming in and so he starts at a disadvantage.

IDM, this is a direct quote

"The fact GM went for or is going for an interview"

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 20, 2019, 04:42:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
I keep talking about the Shrewsbury scenario of last season but their best loan players went back, they lost their manager plus two or three of their best players and they struggled all season.

Now if he goes will the loan players come, the signings that were going to sign today and tomorrow will those happen.

Let’s hope he stays otherwise we start all over again and I’m not sure what will be the outcome.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 20, 2019, 04:45:12 pm by redarmy82 »
Been told no more transfers in until the situation is resolved.

Understandable.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 20, 2019, 04:46:13 pm by IDM »
“Been told”

Are we going to have that all over again.? Jesus H Christ on a bike.!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 20, 2019, 04:47:02 pm by IDM »
What fact.? Where does it say that other than in your post.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 20, 2019, 04:47:43 pm by dickos1 »
To be fair
Everything he’s said has happened.
Don’t know why you keep jumping all over him

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 20, 2019, 04:49:47 pm by redarmy82 »
To be fair

I understand some people don't like "gossip". I just post what i've been told, to an extent.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 20, 2019, 04:50:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Alickismyhero, you have just decided he's going for an interview though. You make several assumptions in that opening post and it's unwarranted at this stage, although I understand the concern.

- McCann hasn't gone for an interview, we don't know if he even wants to go or if the club will let him speak to Hull.
- No implication at all of him being 'tapped up'. Indeed McCann has been working on new signings for DRFC all this week.
- Last two managers having left in a strange fashion? McCann hasn't left and even if he does now, it's hardly strange. A bigger team have come in to take him and pay him more money, give him a higher budget and manage in a higher league.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 20, 2019, 04:52:11 pm by IDM »
To be fair

You’re missing the point..

That his or her information may be correct isn’t the issue, it’s the posting of partial information and the reluctance to explain further that is the issue..

Simple really, or you would have thought so..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012