Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:08:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remaining games - who’s got who to play  (Read 3206 times)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
Remaining games - who’s got who to play
« on April 07, 2024, 08:38:37 am by Arsenal Of The North »
So we know we have donny - 58 points
Walsall
Barrow
Colchester
Accrington
Gillingham

Barrow -67 points
Bradford
Gillingham
Crawley
Donny
Mansfield

Crewe - 67 points
Morecambe
Grimsby
Wrexham
Colchester

Crawley - 65 points
Wrexham
Colchester
Barrow
Sutton
Grimsby

AFC Wimbledon - 62 points
Swindon
Tranmere
Walsall

Walsall - 62 points
Donny
Notts
Swindon
Bradford
Wimbledon

Morecambe - 60points
Crewe
Stockport
Forest green
Swindon

Gillingham - 58 points
Barrow
Mansfield
Donny

Digest that as you will.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Remaining games - who’s got who to play
« Reply #1 on April 07, 2024, 08:57:49 am by colincramb »
Surely it would be hard to argue that we don’t have one of the most favourable run-ins. 3 home games on the bounce that we absolutely have to take advantage of to set up what could be 2 very nail bitting away games

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 07, 2024, 09:03:03 am by VikingRich »
I think the Barrow v Crawley game coukd be very significant.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 07, 2024, 10:08:34 am by idler »
One thing in our favour now is that we have an almost fully fit strong. Any of those above us with a small squad must probably be patching players up now. Losing players to a straight red now can spell disaster as well with so few games left.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 07, 2024, 10:22:06 am by Avsuptem »
It looks like Crewe are the team, if any, most likely to drop out of the current top 7. To do that we would need them to lose 2 of their last 4 games. We would still have to win all of our last 5 to replace them. Seems a bit unlikely so, to avoid dissapointment I am going to focus my hopes on the more likely goal of merely  finishing above Gillingham.
Looking at it from the owners point of view spending next season at the top of league 2 with gates of 8 or 9 thousand would be very acceptable.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 07, 2024, 10:36:27 am by Peebles Rover »
Can you show home or away please??? Just saying!! 3 out of 4 of Crewe’s fixtures could be tricky. Don’t think they’ve won in 5 matches either.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 07, 2024, 11:19:17 am by rover-n-out »
Statto's every season have always predicted that one team will go on a great run, break away from the pack and make a push for promotion. It's refreshing and exciting to see that this season it's the Rovers! COYR!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:21:24 am by rover-n-out »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 07, 2024, 11:35:43 am by danumdon »
To be frank, why worry about things that we have no control over whatsoever? its nice to look and see who might fold or teams playing against each other that may reduce the others chances but it's all beyond what we can effect, you could possibly say that our stonking form is making other teams very nervous and suspect of developments?

My concern is that the further we go into this unbeaten spell the closer it gets to the point where we finally succumb, lets just hope that point arrives sometime next season!!

The highs and lows of being a Donny supporter, the swings have always been massive, lets just hope this is another to add to the rollercoaster that is DRFC.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 07, 2024, 01:43:34 pm by rover-n-out »
I'd love us to have another crack at Stockport in our current form. I'd love it, really love it to get one back on that little s**t
 Madden. I don't know why, but I just dislike him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 07, 2024, 01:57:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Statto's every season have always predicted that one team will go on a great run, break away from the pack and make a push for promotion. It's refreshing and exciting to see that this season it's the Rovers! COYR!!!
We didn’t break away from the pack though. We broke away from the relegation candidates. We were 21st in the League at one point were we not.
If we made play offs would that be a record from where we were. I think it must be.  1F IF IF we did it.
Not only make play offs but win them.

DU over to you. It would have to be a EFL record. 11 straight wins. 45 points from 18 games.

Come on Rovers let’s do this. Records are made to be broken and our Football Club has quite a few over its history. A couple not great ones I should add.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 07, 2024, 03:14:36 pm by adamtherover »
I'm more than confident of the next 3 home games,  then we shall see going into the last week..

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 07, 2024, 03:31:27 pm by Thorney »
Barrow have a tough run in

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 07, 2024, 04:39:21 pm by Ryaldinhio »
We MUST get 15 points to be in with a shout, that would give us 73. Im not really fussed for those that can't actually make 73 so amended the list:

Donny - 58 points - Must win 5 - MAX 73
Walsall
Barrow
Colchester
Accrington
Gillingham

Barrow -67 points - MAX 79 (Based on us beating them)
Bradford
Gillingham
Crawley
Donny
Mansfield

Crewe - 67 points - MAX 79
Morecambe
Grimsby
Wrexham
Colchester

Crawley - 65 points - MAX 80
Wrexham
Colchester
Barrow
Sutton
Grimsby

Walsall - 62 points - MAX 74 (Based on us beating them)
Donny
Notts
Swindon
Bradford
Wimbledon

That's 5 teams playing for 3 places.

Using Form/PPG from last 6 games and applying to remaining fixtures finishing points would be:

Crawley - 76
Doncaster - 73
Barrow - 72/73 (Based on us beating them and ppg applied to other 4 games)
Crewe - 71
Walsall - 68 (Based on us beating them and ppg applied to other 4 games)

We are the form team in the league. We aren't reliant on anyone collapsing, we just dont want anyone to have an upturn in form and we will be there.

I wont be listening to anyone saying that we can't do this!!!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 07, 2024, 04:50:08 pm by BobG »
If we do,  it'd be bloody spectacular.

I noticed last night on the tv highlights the talking head called us "the dangerous Doncaster". We're starting to be noticed. Win 5 more and we'll be right in the limelight.

BobG

PS. Lol. If we did do it, then we gotta go win 3 more. What's the odds on winning them too..?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:53:16 pm by BobG »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 07, 2024, 04:54:05 pm by adamtherover »

I noticed last night on the tv highlights the talking head called us "the dangerous Doncaster". We're starting to be noticed. Win 5 more and we'll be right in the limelight.

BobG

PS. Lol. If we did do it, then we gotta go win 3 more. What's the odds on winning them too..?

talk sport described us as a juggernaut!!!!

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 07, 2024, 05:01:13 pm by Juddy »
Highlights the other day described Rock Bottom Rotherham got a nice ring to it
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 05:03:25 pm by Juddy »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 07, 2024, 05:08:35 pm by Filo »

BobG

talk sport described us as a juggernaut!!!!

Copywrite thieves

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=290597.0

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 07, 2024, 06:13:05 pm by Campsall rover »

BobG

Bob I would fancy us. Beat Mansfield in the semi final
 ( they have a shocking record in play offs )
Then take your pick in the final.
Barrow, Crewe, Crawley, Walsall.  We would have the biggest support in the final that is for sure.
Think we would take 20.000 to Wembley even in league 2.
The publicity we would get from the media both local and National would be significant and increase numbers wanting to go to the final.

Anyway getting ahead of ourselves. We have got a lot to do yet and it’s not entirely in our own hands.
It could happen though and while it’s still on then we must believe.
I am loving the ride whatever is to be.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 06:19:33 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 07, 2024, 06:21:40 pm by drfchound »

BobG

Bob, just being a wee bit pedantic matey, we wouldn’t have to win three more should we make the play offs. In the semi final, a win and a draw over the two legs would suffice.
Someone more pedantic than me might say we don’t need to win any games, we could go through to the final on penalties after two semi final draws then a draw in the final, then take the prize after more penalties.
The argument being that we didn’t win the actual games.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 07, 2024, 06:49:29 pm by Campsall rover »

BobG

Bob, just being a wee bit pedantic matey, we wouldn’t have to win three more should we make the play offs. In the semi final, a win and a draw over the two legs would suffice.
Someone more pedantic than me might say we don’t need to win any games, we could go through to the final on penalties after two semi final draws then a draw in the final, then take the prize after more penalties.
Or being even more pedantic hound win and lose a semi final leg. Its the aggregate score over the 2 games.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 07, 2024, 06:52:59 pm by drfchound »

BobG

Or being even more pedantic hound win and lose a semi final leg. Its the aggregate score over the 2 games.

Yes mate, that is true.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 08, 2024, 09:00:41 am by normal rules »
It’s a very interesting night tomorrow, not just for rovers. Every game barring perhaps the Stanley/ Newport fixture has something hanging on it .
Can Bradford turn over barrow? Do the bantams still think they have a chance of a po slot? Mathematically rovers could still catch Barrow too. 9 point gap. 15 to play for.
Colchester fighting for lge 2 survival against high flying Stockport who surely want to keep their title push going.
Grimsby should be safe, but will want to beat Harrogate no doubt to make sure. And town still have a very slim po prospect, much the same as rovers.
FGR will wants points to keep from the drop. They could still get safe as they have a game in hand on Sutton.
Wrexham will want a win, for obvs reasons. And by god do we want them to win against Crawley.
Which leaves rovers and crewe. Both of which will be eyeing each others results very very keenly.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 08, 2024, 09:34:33 am by RoversInSpain »
Just focus on us. We have to win all five of our remaining matches, end of. If we do that we’re guaranteed 8th minimum. Then in the 95th minute  of the Last match we can look at what Crewe Barrow and Crawley are up to.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 08, 2024, 08:12:43 pm by karldew »
Just seen a post on Facebook that shows the most away points in 2024 out of the 92 teams…

Crawley 21
Pompey 18
Leeds 17
Barnsley 17
Arsenal 16

A tough ask for Crawley to slip up, only positive is they only have 2 away games (Wrexham + Sutton) left out the 5

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 08, 2024, 08:19:23 pm by Ryaldinhio »
I think when you look at games played, points and form Crewe if any one are the team to look at.

But as above we are 1 of 5 teams playing for 3 places. All we can do is keep winning. Could all be over tomorrow.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2024, 10:58:35 am by karldew »
Barrow v Bradford has a pitch inspection at 11:00

EDIT* Now called off! Guessing this might be rearranged for the same date we play Colchester.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 11:29:35 am by karldew »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 09, 2024, 12:01:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well the gap to 67 pts will hopefully shorten then until we get a chance of our 6 pointer v Barrow.

I guess a Morecambe win v Crewe is ideal proving they lose to Stockport up next.

Very nervous about Wrexham taking care of Crawley. Wrexham aren't all that really and maybe they've put too much pressure on themselves to play with freedom. Crawley have a free hit really and can relax a bit more with no pressure.

It's going to be hard not to check the scores during the game tonight although our game is THE most important of the lot and deserves our full attention.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 09, 2024, 12:17:02 pm by Dabbermoo »
Barrow v Bradford off.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 12:26:25 pm by Dabbermoo »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 09, 2024, 04:55:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Just focus on us. We have to win all five of our remaining matches, end of. If we do that we’re guaranteed 8th minimum. Then in the 95th minute  of the Last match we can look at what Crewe Barrow and Crawley are up to.
Not sure I could cope with that.   :facepalm:

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2024, 07:47:36 am by Ryaldinhio »
Updated....

Donny - 61 points - Must win 4 - MAX 73
Accrington
Barrow
Colchester
Gillingham

Barrow -67 points - MAX 79 (Based on us beating them)
Bradford
Gillingham
Crawley
Donny
Mansfield

Crewe - 70 points - MAX 79
Grimsby
Wrexham
Colchester

Crawley - 65 points - MAX 77
Colchester
Barrow
Sutton
Grimsby

Walsall - 62 points - MAX 74
Notts
Swindon
Bradford
Wimbledon

That's 5 teams playing for 3 places.

Using Form/PPG from last 6 games and applying to remaining fixtures finishing points would be:

Crawley - 72
Doncaster - 73
Barrow - 72/73 (Based on us beating them and ppg applied to other 4 games)
Crewe - 73
Walsall - 68

Assuming we can keep this run going it will go until the last game. This could come to goal difference and then we  are last in the queue.

We need favours from Colchester and Grimsby on Saturday, both fighting for their lives so here's hoping!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012