Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:18:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mini bad run  (Read 1837 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Mini bad run
« on February 18, 2021, 08:47:50 am by the vicar »
Yes we have gone 3 games without a win. But, we all have to remember all teams have there little drop in form.  So we are having one now, anyway we have to remember we are just over half way through the season, and I’m sure we will get the wagon back on track it’s only one wheel loose not come off just yet.  So all let’s get behind the lads and show them we are all there behind them from here on in

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mini bad run
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2021, 09:00:07 am by Campsall rover »
Yes we have gone 3 games without a win. But, we all have to remember all teams have there little drop in form.  So we are having one now, anyway we have to remember we are just over half way through the season, and I’m sure we will get the wagon back on track it’s only one wheel loose not come off just yet.  So all let’s get behind the lads and show them we are all there behind them from here on in
Great post.   :that:

Let’s get this bad run out of the way now. Better now than in April.  Huge game on Saturday and no better game to get back on track.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2021, 09:04:34 am by since-1969 »
Its bit about the loses , it’s about why now !!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2021, 09:09:18 am by GazLaz »

Good post. We’ve chopped and changed the team and there is planting of mitigation for the bad run. No need to think it’s the end of the world.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2021, 09:21:45 am by the vicar »
im not sure there is a good reason as it happened to all clubs or most.  Maybe it’s complacency, injury bit to much rotation of the team, it is a lot of things

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2021, 10:26:32 am by Al4475 »
At the end of the day we are still in a very good position and I bet if most fans were asked where they'd like to be mid-season many would have snapped their arms off for the current state of affairs. We are having our dip, happens to most, and we will come again strong for sure.

Yes the last three results and the last 5 performances have been a little disappointing but the previous 10 games were very much a high.

Imo we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and that would have pleased just about all of us in August.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2021, 10:44:20 am by Not Now Kato »
At the end of the day we are still in a very good position and I bet if most fans were asked where they'd like to be mid-season many would have snapped their arms off for the current state of affairs. We are having our dip, happens to most, and we will come again strong for sure.

Yes the last three results and the last 5 performances have been a little disappointing but the previous 10 games were very much a high.

Imo we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and that would have pleased just about all of us in August.

a little disappointing?  They've been utterly dreadful from a performance perspective!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2021, 12:30:12 pm by the vicar »
Positive mental attitude

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2021, 12:39:37 pm by goalkick »
At least we are 20 points of relegation battle. :chair: ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2021, 01:53:41 pm by BobG »
Lol! Thank you Kato! I was about to post something very similar

BobG

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2021, 05:08:04 pm by godlike1 »
Its about how we respond which counts against the teams who were expecting to be at the top e.g. no one expected us to hammer Ipswich, no one will be expecting us to get anything against Ull on Sat.

The big questions are how much are we missing BW in big games in particular?

Do we have the players now to cover what he did for the team as a group?

This season has impacted on all teams but can we still use it as an excuse?

Would we be happy with playoffs?

Do we think we would win the playoffs?

Do we think we could still make a satb at automatic promotion?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2021, 05:37:37 pm by idler »
I think that the next two games will define if it's a mini bad run or a more serious bad run. On past experience a bad run ends in the most unexpected of fixtures.
On a bright note I had a few words with J J Price today. We were on our exercise walk and his van was outside a house in Fagley, Bradford. A lad emptying rubbish into a skip gave him a shout and I had a quick natter. I offered him a quick plumbing job as I only live 400 yards away but not heard back from him yet.
Amazing, go out for a walk and meet a cult hero from possibly my favourite era following Rovers over the last 60 odd years. Apparently he lives at Tingley now.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2021, 05:47:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Its about how we respond which counts against the teams who were expecting to be at the top e.g. no one expected us to hammer Ipswich, no one will be expecting us to get anything against Ull on Sat.

The big questions are how much are we missing BW in big games in particular?

Do we have the players now to cover what he did for the team as a group?

This season has impacted on all teams but can we still use it as an excuse?

Would we be happy with playoffs?

Do we think we would win the playoffs?

Do we think we could still make a satb at automatic promotion?

Some really good questions there, mate. To try and answer them, yes, we are massively missing Ben, and our midfield's been sh*te since he left. No, we don't have the players to cover what he did for the team. No, we can't use this Covid season as an excuse, because DM has been heavily backed by the board, especially in January. Yes, we'd be happy with the playoffs, because that's DM's remit from the board; if he fails, he will have underachieved the board's ambitions for 2 successive seasons. If we make the playoffs, we've as much a chance of winning them as anyone else, because it's like a cup competition. Finally, no, I don't think we're good enough for automatic promotion, but I desperately want to be proved wrong.

All this is just my opinion. Others may disagree.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 20, 2021, 11:11:38 am by RobTheRover »

a little disappointing?  They've been utterly dreadful from a performance perspective!

I dont thing we've been dreadful.  We've played three of our bogey sides.  The key thing for me has been our passing and ball retention has to be a lot better if we are to get back to dominating games.

Fleetwood away was 50/50 in the first half, poor in the 2nd as we chased a win after they pegged us back.  individual mistakes cost us. 

Sunderland away was poor defending on their crosses and an inability to take our chances but other than that we started brightly and created chances.  That probably makes it even more frustrating.  Certainly a better all round performance than we usually put in against them, I'd say.  The game at the KMS last year was a truly awful performance and we got a point from it.

Accrington first half was OK, Bostock doesnt look up to speed yet to me, but Robertson and Bogle seem to be fitting in quite nicely.  I'd already written that one off as a defeat before we kicked off.  The 2nd half was very frustrating (and for Big  Tom on the commentary too I think as you could hear his frustration in the little hisses of breath he kept letting out).

I think Hull will be different.  They will want to come and attack, which may well suit us to the ground.  Make the pitch big and go expansive.  But get that passing game sorted!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 20, 2021, 11:45:10 am by Chris Black come back »
With exception of 10 minutes at start of the Accrington game and perhaps 5 minutes in first half against Fleetwood, our passing game has been absolutely atrocious. We’ve probably misplaced more passes and lost more possession in the last three games than the last three months.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 20, 2021, 11:56:50 am by Padge_DRFC »
I'd include the Lincoln game in that as well for bad passing

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 20, 2021, 02:59:52 pm by drfchound »
With exception of 10 minutes at start of the Accrington game and perhaps 5 minutes in first half against Fleetwood, our passing game has been absolutely atrocious. We’ve probably misplaced more passes and lost more possession in the last three games than the last three months.

I'd include the Lincoln game in that as well for bad passing

Agreed, I think we have been pretty much the same throughout the last four or five games.
Shocking ball retention and too much letting teams press us into mistakes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012