Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:21:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blackpool  (Read 2407 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Blackpool
« on March 23, 2021, 08:34:38 pm by since-1969 »
coming up on the rails .,,  :mad:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Blackpool
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2021, 08:50:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
In the top six the form teams are Hull, Sunderland and Blackpool.

Ferguson has now lost 3 in 5 and has the current worst form in the top six.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2021, 09:22:42 pm by idler »
Apparently he was booked tonight for ranting at the officials when a penalty appeal was turned down as well.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2021, 10:42:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tightening up int it?

If we are going to make the playoffs, I'd guess that we'll have to catch Lincoln. I reckon there's a fair chance that Ipswich and Blackpool are going to overtake us.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2021, 10:49:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
Aside from a game against the unconvincing Charlton, it really would be hard to find a weaker set of teams for Ipswich to play in April. Blackpool have a tougher month, including playing Sunderland twice in ten days.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 24, 2021, 09:29:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Been saying for weeks that Ipswich have by some way the easiest run in.

Blackpool's is harder but they are starting from a better place. As things stand, both are favourites to catch us.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 24, 2021, 09:35:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If we perform we will make it no problem.  Current form suggests we aren't there but that's the opportunity for the players and manager.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2021, 11:18:00 am by rich1471 »
watched them last night they could have had 4 or 5 in the first half , attacked with pace and hounded Peterborough every time they got the ball

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2021, 01:16:33 pm by DMnumber4 »
watched them last night they could have had 4 or 5 in the first half , attacked with pace and hounded Peterborough every time they got the ball

I think every top 10 team is capable of doing this, but it catches up with them - consistently inconsistent!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2021, 01:28:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I think every top 10 team is capable of doing this, but it catches up with them - consistently inconsistent!

That's the key. I think we were never really as good as resulted suggested in Dec and Jan, and never as bad as resulted suggested in Feb.

From here, we probably need 19-ish points from 12 games to squeak into 6th place with 76 points. That doesn't require title-winning form.

P12 W5 D4 L3 would do it.

Not a given by any means, but also not impossible if we have a little luck with injuries. I'd say if the key players get/stay fit, we ought to do it, looking at our fixtures.

To top that, Ipswich would need 23 points from 11 games which again, is doable, but far from easy.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2021, 01:49:46 pm by GazLaz »

That's the key. I think we were never really as good as resulted suggested in Dec and Jan, and never as bad as resulted suggested in Feb.

From here, we probably need 19-ish points from 12 games to squeak into 6th place with 76 points. That doesn't require title-winning form.

P12 W5 D4 L3 would do it.

Not a given by any means, but also not impossible if we have a little luck with injuries. I'd say if the key players get/stay fit, we ought to do it, looking at our fixtures.

To top that, Ipswich would need 23 points from 11 games which again, is doable, but far from easy.

Over the full season I have us 10th best. Over the last 12 games our ball advancement and control of games has largely stayed the same, but what has happened in both boxes had dropped by around -0.5 goals per game net. That’s broken down as -0.16 attacking and a massive -0.34 defensively. That’s horrific.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2021, 04:04:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is that weighted against the standard of the opposition Gaz? 8 of our last 12 games have been against sides in the top 10, so that inevitably leads me to expect a dip in form.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2021, 04:47:26 pm by GazLaz »
Is that weighted against the standard of the opposition Gaz? 8 of our last 12 games have been against sides in the top 10, so that inevitably leads me to expect a dip in form.

Not weighted. Us, Ipswich and Rochdale have had the toughest run in that time. I produce a rating which calculates the impact teams have on the opposition, basically performance vs average performance against that opposition. That then takes into account relative opposition strength, last 12 games Rovers are about 16th.

Plenty of mitigation for the numbers admittedly. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 05:02:00 pm by GazLaz »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 24, 2021, 06:12:04 pm by donnievic »
We is I think it all comes down to injuries

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2021, 07:15:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting stuff Gaz.
I agree that there is some mitigation for us but only so far. We have been badly hit by injuries and I'm sure Moore's mind wasn't totally on the job in hand in early Feb. But that doesn't excuse some of the performances. it's still possible for us to turn it round. I never anticipated a run like the one we've just had, so I'm not going to predict what might happen in these last 12 games. Not massively confident though. I don't usually put too much weight on any one game but I think a win on Saturday is essential to get us back in the saddle.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 24, 2021, 07:40:50 pm by GazLaz »
Interesting stuff Gaz.
I agree that there is some mitigation for us but only so far. We have been badly hit by injuries and I'm sure Moore's mind wasn't totally on the job in hand in early Feb. But that doesn't excuse some of the performances. it's still possible for us to turn it round. I never anticipated a run like the one we've just had, so I'm not going to predict what might happen in these last 12 games. Not massively confident though. I don't usually put too much weight on any one game but I think a win on Saturday is essential to get us back in the saddle.

We are the other side of the variance curve at the same time as getting a kick in the b*llocks by injuries and the manager leaving. Hopefully back on the bridle soon.

The fact we are still in a brilliant position shows actually how good of a position we were in 11 games ago. We all perhaps didn’t realise how unbelievably good it was at the time.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 24, 2021, 08:13:14 pm by scawsby steve »
Interesting stuff Gaz.

We are the other side of the variance curve at the same time as getting a kick in the b*llocks by injuries and the manager leaving. Hopefully back on the bridle soon.

The fact we are still in a brilliant position shows actually how good of a position we were in 11 games ago. We all perhaps didn’t realise how unbelievably good it was at the time.

We were in a good position 11 games ago, but we weren't playing well, and were hanging on in games.

The bad run of form was inevitable at some point. How we respond now will determine how good the squad is.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012