Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:26:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 82850 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1350 on June 06, 2022, 04:54:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And yet, don't you think there's an element of well-observed clarity in that nickname? Given Johnson's track record of escaping unharmed from situations that would have eneded the career of other politicians?

From lying to his bosses, through a series of barely hidden affairs, refusing to acknowledge how many kids he's fathered, leaving his cancer-ridden wife, having his mistress accompany him to Australia on public funding, aiding and abetting intended GBH, lying to Parliament, lying to his own standards advisor and blithely ignoring advice from the nations' security services about threats from Russia.

Even you BB, with your Dorries-like affection for Johnson, must admit that there haven't been many politicians who could run up a rap sheet like that and sail on unencumbered.

Sometimes a nickname can be both childish AND very illuminating.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1351 on June 06, 2022, 05:19:59 pm by belton rover »
And yet, don't you think there's an element of well-observed clarity in that nickname? Given Johnson's track record of escaping unharmed from situations that would have eneded the career of other politicians?

From lying to his bosses, through a series of barely hidden affairs, refusing to acknowledge how many kids he's fathered, leaving his cancer-ridden wife, having his mistress accompany him to Australia on public funding, aiding and abetting intended GBH, lying to Parliament, lying to his own standards advisor and blithely ignoring advice from the nations' security services about threats from Russia.

Even you BB, with your Dorries-like affection for Johnson, must admit that there haven't been many politicians who could run up a rap sheet like that and sail on unencumbered.

This just about sums things up.

BST (who only wants to discuss grown up politics) defends and justifies Bobby G’s (who only wants intelligent, mature discussion) ridiculously immature, second hand and immensely unfunny comment because he found it ‘illuminating’.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1352 on June 06, 2022, 05:21:25 pm by drfchound »
#sameside.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1353 on June 06, 2022, 05:51:14 pm by River Don »
So we need a nickname that is more original and less childish?

How about The Culprit?

That's not childish, just factual.

Or to be a little more contemporary The Perp?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1354 on June 06, 2022, 05:51:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You remember the Boris Johnson who was humbled by the mistakes he made that the Sue Grey report laid out?

He's been asked in the meeting with Tory MPs tonight what he thought of those actions. Apparently he replied "I'd do the same all over again."

But yeah...he apologised and took full responsibility.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1355 on June 06, 2022, 05:52:59 pm by drfchound »
Oooh I bet some people can’t wait for the outcome of the vote tonight.
Any guesses who will be first to post on here.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1356 on June 06, 2022, 05:55:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Give over, you've picked up on every negative story concerning Johnson you could find over the last couple of decades or more in order to find a valid reason why we should all support your beloved, albeit impotent Labour party. The fact that your party and its supporters can only try to gain popularity by unpopularizing the opposition is a testament to its ability.   

Like I've said several times, we have become a country of bad losers. You are a prime example of it on this forum. It didn't start with Johnson, Theresa May got crucified by the media and it goes right back to the slaying of Thatcher.

I wonder how Churchill would have gone on today with being in the eye of the media 24/7?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1357 on June 06, 2022, 06:06:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Nobody could or should ever love a leader of a political party, it's not really possible.

I struggle to see how it can end well for Boris Johnson, but then I thought Corbyn was toast when his whole cabinet near enough resigned and he managed two general elections.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1358 on June 06, 2022, 06:09:05 pm by River Don »
According to Conservative Home, 55% of Tory party members want rid of him. Just 41% think he ought to stay.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1359 on June 06, 2022, 06:13:31 pm by River Don »
He's promised if they keep him on, he will make tax cuts.

He's not really in control anymore, he's just doing whatever it takes to appease the right of the Tory party.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1360 on June 06, 2022, 06:18:33 pm by tyke1962 »

Give over, you've picked up on every negative story concerning Johnson you could find over the last couple of decades or more in order to find a valid reason why we should all support your beloved, albeit impotent Labour party. The fact that your party and its supporters can only try to gain popularity by unpopularizing the opposition is a testament to its ability.   

Like I've said several times, we have become a country of bad losers. You are a prime example of it on this forum. It didn't start with Johnson, Theresa May got crucified by the media and it goes right back to the slaying of Thatcher.

I wonder how Churchill would have gone on today with being in the eye of the media 24/7?

Great choice for a comparison BB , you decided to choose the only UK PM with an even longer rap sheet than Johnson .

Churchill was a complete bstrd , the war polishes the turd .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1361 on June 06, 2022, 06:26:17 pm by drfchound »
Tyke,One poster on here regularly uses Churchill (and sometimes Napoleon) as an example to follow when criticising Johnson.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1362 on June 06, 2022, 06:41:01 pm by belton rover »
So we need a nickname that is more original and less childish?

How about The Culprit?

That's not childish, just factual.

Or to be a little more contemporary The Perp?

Childish is fine. Especially when it’s funny.

That wasn’t my point.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1363 on June 06, 2022, 06:44:18 pm by River Don »
"The entire purpose of the Government now appears to be the sustenance of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister," it added, pointing out that "MPs are having to defend the indefensible, not for the sake of the party, but for one man".

The summing up of a memo sent by a Tory MP to colleagues earlier today.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #1364 on June 06, 2022, 07:17:10 pm by danumdon »
He's promised if they keep him on, he will make tax cuts.

He's not really in control anymore, he's just doing whatever it takes to appease the right of the Tory party.

For me these are the things that really bring politics and politicians into disrepute. Its been obvious for a long time now that Johnson has with his cavalier attitude to everything hoped he could continue to hold sway of some very sycophant and undesirable MP's in parliament. On this it's not just him or the tories, Labour have had their fill of career orientated MP's prepared to do the bidding of a real basket case as well(previous leader a very good example)

But this is about Johnson, an individual who thought his fairy dust would blow over the nation like it had for a section of his party. The fact the fairy dust has long departed in front of the really dark and laden clouds has finally struck a chord with his gang.

When you add these to the others who had long ago weighed him and found him wanting means only one thing for him.

He can either do the dying martyr and go now or lumber himself and the tories to a slow and lingering death, the entrails are dragging behind and the wolves re now on the scent trail. This should only end one way.

Whats the betting this bas***d drags it out for all its worth.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1365 on June 06, 2022, 07:21:52 pm by BobG »
I keep telling my lad that, when in a debate, one good reason is always, always far better than a plethora of weaker reasons. BB has just proved the point. Yet again he ignore the substance entirely to focus on a trivia I thought might raise a smile. Silly me. Poor show by BB. He clearly can't see the wood for the trees.

I wonder what names Jeremy Corbyn has been called on here? Or Gordon Brown? Tony Blair?

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1366 on June 06, 2022, 07:24:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'd rather be poor than silly, BG.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1367 on June 06, 2022, 07:27:48 pm by MachoMadness »
Been quite a day for our Nadine.

She's:
-Let slip that "the donors have spoken" live on TV
-Get confused about how much those donors have put in at the same time
-Claimed we are at war with Ukraine
-Blamed the Tories for the pandemic death toll and shambolic lack of preparedness
-Slagged off untold members of her own party

But remember, Diane Abbott got her numbers wrong once.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1368 on June 06, 2022, 08:02:12 pm by BobG »
Yes!!!! I won.

When I posted 1365 I bet myself that BB would come back with something completely and utterly irrelevant. And he did. Predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. Whenever BB changes the subject you just know he's got no answer at all.

Thanks BB. :):)

BobG

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1369 on June 06, 2022, 08:21:21 pm by belton rover »
Bobby G. It’s about time you started making your mind up whether to be childish or mature.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1370 on June 06, 2022, 08:26:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Here's a thought. You could start off by being consistent. Today you've laid into Bob G for using an insulting nickname for a politician. You called it a childish, unoriginal, corny, imbecillic schoolboy insult.

Have you ever met the BB who was chucking round the "Beer Korma" line a couple of weeks back?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1371 on June 06, 2022, 08:34:42 pm by belton rover »

Here's a thought. You could start off by being consistent. Today you've laid into Bob G for using an insulting nickname for a politician. You called it a childish, unoriginal, corny, imbecillic schoolboy insult.

Have you ever met the BB who was chucking round the "Beer Korma" line a couple of weeks back?

There is a difference.
You, Billy, among others accuse Bentley of not being grown up enough to discuss politics with you.
BobbyG is the most arrogant poster there is who consistently pounces upon what HE perceives to be immature or uneducated.
Yet when Bobby G does or says something childish (on top of humourless), it appears to be OK. For some.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1372 on June 06, 2022, 08:50:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »

No, I can't say I have. Have you?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1373 on June 06, 2022, 08:53:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yes!!!! I won.

When I posted 1365 I bet myself that BB would come back with something completely and utterly irrelevant. And he did. Predictable as the sun rising tomorrow. Whenever BB changes the subject you just know he's got no answer at all.

Thanks BB. :):)

BobG
Wow, well done BG. How much did you win off yourself?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1374 on June 06, 2022, 09:01:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
120 votes against Johnson tonight and he's f**ked.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1375 on June 06, 2022, 09:02:25 pm by normal rules »
another stay of execution it seems.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1376 on June 06, 2022, 09:03:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's f**ked. Probably not tonight, but that is a massive thumbs down. Worse than May's performance 6 months before she resigned.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #1377 on June 06, 2022, 09:04:58 pm by rich1471 »
He's f**ked. Probably not tonight, but that is a massive thumbs down. Worse than May's performance 6 months before she resigned.
He is a dead man walking cannot see him lasting till Christmas

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1378 on June 06, 2022, 09:07:47 pm by River Don »
40% voted against him.

The by elections should see him off.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1379 on June 06, 2022, 09:11:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I hope he stays till the GE. Tonight's hopefully a brilliant result long term for the UK.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012