Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:53:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Oster  (Read 5893 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re: John Oster
« Reply #30 on March 31, 2012, 01:17:42 pm by CusworthRovers »
Did that not mean, they didn't want to play for DRFC because some needed to step up a little ie need to play harder and better to merit playing for us, rather than they actually never want to play for DRFC and would rather play for another club. Either way, you're making out the players were coming out and stating they never wanted to play for Sean. So it's not the players saying anything direct, and it's not Sean that they don't want to play for, direct.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyvikings

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 31, 2012, 03:22:12 pm by donnyvikings »
O'Dismal had players respect but had strange formations and No plan B.
And sorry, but this is as 'real' as it gets! Don't remember any players under previous managers telling me that the place is a shambles.......players laughing in Saunders face in dressing room. You don't know the facts...so don't comment.
Do you want to keep Saunders and watch us plummet to the conference, or get rid of the manager? Oh you already answered that.......

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 31, 2012, 05:26:36 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=230812
SO'D publicly stated at the end of last season that [b
some[/b] players clearly did not want to play for Doncaster Rovers, and they should move on.

Wasn't the actual quote, 'some players may been at the club too long', obviously not referring to Oster. There was a lot of general spectulation at the time as to who he was referring too.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 31, 2012, 05:32:08 pm by mushRTID »
Oster to me hasn't looked like he gives a toss since his best mate moved south.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 31, 2012, 05:35:54 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=230723

I go to a football match to watch my team play exciting football score goals and win games.

You must be piss bored for the last month or so then.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 31, 2012, 05:37:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Milepostuk\" post=230774
I'd like to see Oster playing behind a front two with a solid midfield behind him. All this season (and last) he has had to come too deep to collect the ball and always seems too desperate to make something happen so, too many long attempted passes go astray. Also, we all know how weak he is defensively. He is still (apart from Diof) the player most likely to create something.

Oster might occasionally put a good ball through, but he's also given the ball away too easily too often without trying (or the having the ability, it's hard to tell) to get it back. For the last two seasons. In a team that's struggling to compete to start with, his occasional good balls are a luxury we can't afford.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 31, 2012, 05:44:17 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=230921
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=230723

I go to a football match to watch my team play exciting football score goals and win games.

You must be piss bored for the last month or so then.

Correct I have been most of the time. I am prepared however to give the manager time to put HIS own team together whether that be in the championship or as seems more likely league 1. Unlike some.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 31, 2012, 05:55:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
I'm a better footballer than John Oster... I'm a better human being than he is too.

If you're reading this John Oster (i doubt it, probably admiring yourself in the mirror or tanked up somewhere) then i HATE you! Hated you at Everton and i still HATE you at Rovers! Please retire and go live on some island in the middle of nowhere!

I pray you don't make it to 100 appearances for this club.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 31, 2012, 06:22:54 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=230753
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=230735
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=230732
If Oster played good in his previous game, then fine, he deserves to start. But he shouldn't have been allowed to play at all in the 2nd half, never mind 80 mins! Every pass he completed was dubious, and the ones he gave away were because they were awful passes. Every around me saw it, why didn't Dean? :blink:

I can't disagree with that, but strange/lacking substitutions are hardly a new phenomenon at Rovers. We've been used to those for a number of years.

Yes we have but you are never quick to defend it when somebody says it was because of SO'D in the past.
DS should have pulled him off at half time or better still not played him at all, btw where was Keegan ?Both Oster and Saunders should be paid up and asked  to leave our premises immediately imo.

He hobbled around the pitch just after half time. Did you see Chimbonda swagger around with his entourage of 3 young ladies in tow?

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 31, 2012, 07:52:55 pm by DRFCTom »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230935
I'm a better footballer than John Oster... I'm a better human being than he is too.

If you're reading this John Oster (i doubt it, probably admiring yourself in the mirror or tanked up somewhere) then i HATE you! Hated you at Everton and i still HATE you at Rovers! Please retire and go live on some island in the middle of nowhere!

Please please please just shut up. Your not a better footballer than John Oster, you never have been and never will.
Oster on his day is a class player, fair enough he's not been up to his best recently but have any of the other players???
Stop using him as a scapegoat to blame someone and give the guy a break. He's not even playing in his favoured position!
Copps has been poor for us among other players but I don't see you moaning about them.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 31, 2012, 07:58:39 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"DRFCTom\" post=230973

Please please please just shut up. Your not a better footballer than John Oster, you never have been and never will.
Oster on his day is a class player, fair enough he's not been up to his best recently but have any of the other players???
Stop using him as a scapegoat to blame someone and give the guy a break. He's not even playing in his favoured position!
Copps has been poor for us among other players but I don't see you moaning about them.

I've NEVER liked Oster so i'm not using him as a scapegoat, i dont rate him (obvisouly an exxageration about me being better) he's always been overrtated and he's been terrible for us for ages! 2 goals in 98 appearances, so many times he loses the ball in a dangerous place, never goes in for a challenge but on a rare occasion he puts in a sublime pass.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 31, 2012, 08:12:45 pm by DRFCTom »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230974

I've NEVER liked Oster so i'm not using him as a scapegoat, i dont rate him (obvisouly an exxageration about me being better) he's always been overrtated and he's been terrible for us for ages! 2 goals in 98 appearances, so many times he loses the ball in a dangerous place, never goes in for a challenge but on a rare occasion he puts in a sublime pass.

Your moaning about his lack of goals? He's not a goal scorer, never has and never will. Throughout his career he's always been a play maker and a good one at that so please everyone get off the lads back and get behind him. The poor lad must have absolutely no confidence at all! He's even deleted twitter because everyone sent him abusive messages. Put yourself in his shoes and imagine how it'd make you feel?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 31, 2012, 08:19:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
He's rubbish and i'll never support or get behind him (actually i would get behind him, just to push him over).

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 31, 2012, 08:21:31 pm by DRFCTom »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230978
He's rubbish and i'll never support or get behind him (actually i would get behind him, just to push him over).

What a nob you really are.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 31, 2012, 08:22:32 pm by donnyroversfc »
Atleast me and Oster have 1 thing in common then.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 31, 2012, 09:03:38 pm by Spud »
Quote from: \"Milepostuk\" post=230774
I'd like to see Oster playing behind a front two with a solid midfield behind him. All this season (and last) he has had to come too deep to collect the ball and always seems too desperate to make something happen so, too many long attempted passes go astray. Also, we all know how weak he is defensively. He is still (apart from Diof) the player most likely to create something.

Agreed. The witch hunt against John Oster is shameful. How anyone can say he doesn't give a toss is beyond me, he had more of the ball than anyone last night and at Palace because he dropped deep and wanted it, it's called taking responsibility and it's credit to him that he does given that he's not in the best form (who is? goes with the territory we're bottom of the league). You all moan that we could make numerous passes without getting anywhere under sod but when someone tries to make a spark we can't wait to moan at that too.
Personally i think he got worse after 70 mins and needed subbing then up to then he was playing well enough. I hope he stays on next season but wouldn't blame him if he never comes near the place ever again.

Donnyroversfc grow up ffs

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 31, 2012, 09:06:38 pm by donnyroversfc »
John Oster needs to remember one thing... That a kid never forgets!

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 31, 2012, 09:39:08 pm by donnyproletarian »
When John first came to us on loan he was ranked on here as the best midfielder in the championship .If a weeks a long time in politics its even less in football

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 31, 2012, 09:54:55 pm by Red wizard »
I was slagging Oster the other week. However after the millwall game he was the only player who always wanted the ball. Add in we was 3-0down and the crowd going mad at every bad pass he could of hid away like most did. The fact is he never and he never does.

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 31, 2012, 10:30:58 pm by tuffty »
Quote from: \"DRFCTom\" post=230976
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230974

Your moaning about his lack of goals? He's not a goal scorer, never has and never will. Throughout his career he's always been a play maker and a good one at that so please everyone get off the lads back and get behind him. The poor lad must have absolutely no confidence at all! He's even deleted twitter because everyone sent him abusive messages. Put yourself in his shoes and imagine how it'd make you feel?

Were not just blaming it all on Oster, we are just simply saying he is SHIT!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 01, 2012, 09:19:52 am by The Red Baron »
He was good when he first came to the club but after that first season his performances have declined. And since he had that spell off with the neck injury he hasn't seemed interested at all.

I wonder if it is something to do with Billy's departure?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 01, 2012, 07:56:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's getting older it's no surprise he's not able to show the energy he did 3 years ago.  However I don't think he's performed that badly in the last few games.  He improeved us when coming on as sub and I thought the ironic cheers for him going off was ridiculous.  He passed the ball pretty well and always looked to get on the ball.  He does sometimes give it away daftly because he doesn't always try the simple thing, but I bet he completes more passes than anyone else in our team aswell.  He tended to set a lot of goals up for Sharp and he's missing a striker with his movement.

But to call him shit is pathetic as he isn't.  Granted he's not as good as he used to be but then he had players like Sharp, Woods, JET etc to play the ball to then, now he doesn't have those around him performing to the same ability.  It isn't his fault if he doesn't have a good option to pass to.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 01, 2012, 08:06:26 pm by DRFCSouth »
Some of the drivel being written about Oster is shameful. He has been a quality player for Rovers. They have had few players with the vision he has given over the last few seasons. Amazing how many have jumped on his back as soon as performances decline a bit. Quality player, always has been and not appreciated enough by many on here.

pubteam

« Reply #53 on April 01, 2012, 08:40:13 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=231133
He's getting older it's no surprise he's not able to show the energy he did 3 years ago.  However I don't think he's performed that badly in the last few games.  He improeved us when coming on as sub and I thought the ironic cheers for him going off was ridiculous.  He passed the ball pretty well and always looked to get on the ball.  He does sometimes give it away daftly because he doesn't always try the simple thing, but I bet he completes more passes than anyone else in our team aswell.  He tended to set a lot of goals up for Sharp and he's missing a striker with his movement.

But to call him shit is pathetic as he isn't.  Granted he's not as good as he used to be but then he had players like Sharp, Woods, JET etc to play the ball to then, now he doesn't have those around him performing to the same ability.  It isn't his fault if he doesn't have a good option to pass to.

Surely that bit higlighted is a joke?

I don't think he completed a pass all night on Friday!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 01, 2012, 11:07:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=231151

Surely that bit higlighted is a joke?

I don't think he completed a pass all night on Friday!

I counted 2 :blush:

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 02, 2012, 12:51:29 am by tuffty »

I don't know what games you have been watching BFYP but it definatley hasn't been the ones we have been watching, to say he sometimes gives the ball away is total garbage IT'S EVERY GAME!

IT isn't just me with the opinion is it, if when being subbed he gets the \"ironic cheers\"

Come on mate think about what you have just written.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 02, 2012, 07:08:53 am by Rios »
I'm definitely no fan of Oster, but singling him out as the scapegoat for our ills this seasons is quite pathetic.  I watched Newcastle v Liverpool yesterday and Steve \"England International, passing midfielder on £150k a week\" Gerrard gave the ball away more than Oster did on Friday night.  It happens and blaming Oster for trying to run the midfield when he's only getting help from Gillett whilst the likes of Diouf and Robert piss off up the pitch and don't track back because they still think they're forwards is beyond belief.

The FLP paper gave Oster a 7 for Friday's game which was higher than any of our other players.  Whilst I wouldn't have been that kind, if you think he had a worse game than Illunga, who has been stealing a living and was a total passenger all night, then you really need to get your eyes testing.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 02, 2012, 11:45:22 am by Norfolk N Chance »

100% **** you are !

Other than Robert I thought he was the best player inside!

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 02, 2012, 04:14:37 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=231189
I'm definitely no fan of Oster, but singling him out as the scapegoat for our ills this seasons is quite pathetic.  I watched Newcastle v Liverpool yesterday and Steve \"England International, passing midfielder on £150k a week\" Gerrard gave the ball away more than Oster did on Friday night.  It happens and blaming Oster for trying to run the midfield when he's only getting help from Gillett whilst the likes of Diouf and Robert piss off up the pitch and don't track back because they still think they're forwards is beyond belief.

The FLP paper gave Oster a 7 for Friday's game which was higher than any of our other players.  Whilst I wouldn't have been that kind, if you think he had a worse game than Illunga, who has been stealing a living and was a total passenger all night, then you really need to get your eyes testing.

That's harsh on Illunga. ....
I thought he at least had a claim for an assist on the Birmingham equaliser by allowing that giant full-back Murphy a free header ;)

Maybe it is that pay-off from West Ham that's weighing him down.

Just to comment on something else you mentioned....
Steve Gerrard....
Only saw the 1st half of the game on Sunday and have to agree completely about his performance.
But how much was that because LFC went 4-3-3, which clearly didn't work at all and left Gerrard completely exposed. That kid alongside him was shocking as well.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 02, 2012, 04:19:27 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=231224

100% **** you are !

Other than Robert I thought he was the best player inside!

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012