Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:35:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Deluded gaffer (change the record!)  (Read 2790 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Deluded gaffer (change the record!)
« on March 31, 2012, 08:12:23 am by Red Rover »
\"Half of the players here were already relegated when I joined. They had a losing mentality and I've gotta change that!\" You've had long enough! It's excuse after excuse! THE EXPERIMENT HAS NOT PAID OFF! Hes blatantly segregated the squad, get your coat and do one! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Deluded gaffer (change the record!)
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2012, 08:13:59 am by Barmby Rover »
A king with no clothes once it is certain about Lg.1 I suspect, then who does he turn to?

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2012, 08:25:17 am by Red Rover »
\"We played well, the schedule has been ridiculous, traveling to Southampton, then Crystal Palace...\" Yes Dean, every other team in the country has the same issue! :facepalm: :zzz:

Who to get in?! I dunno, a football manager?! Someone with experience!:welcome:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2012, 08:27:23 am by Barmby Rover »
I would love to get a shot at all the cast offs from Rotherham, they seem to have every manager in the country applying for the job. Any manager who has a love of playing football please!

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2012, 08:31:48 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=230711
I would love to get a shot at all the cast offs from Rotherham, they seem to have every manager in the country applying for the job. Any manager who has a love of playing football please!

Not strictly true. They had 30 applicants, but I guess 27 of them were cranks - at least one of them was. My mate applies for every football job going - he has experience of managing a Sunday morning team and is great on Championship Manager. He always gets polite responses back from the clubs, although strangely he never gets an interview.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2012, 12:28:58 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"WBDRFC\" post=230713
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=230711

Not strictly true. They had 30 applicants, but I guess 27 of them were cranks - at least one of them was. My mate applies for every football job going - he has experience of managing a Sunday morning team and is great on Championship Manager. He always gets polite responses back from the clubs, although strangely he never gets an interview.

:laugh: that's brilliant. Hello there future time-killer ;)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2012, 01:54:02 pm by donnyroversfc »
Wrexham fans we're partying when he left! Nothing is ever Dean's fault.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2012, 01:59:39 pm by Donnybax »
I hate this \"the players mentality\" b*llocks he talks about. Theres no way he should blame that on defeats as he should look at some of the players hes brought in. Ilunga and picquionne both relegated last season. Goulon has been with Blackburn. Kirkland at Wigan. Ikeme at Wolves. Chimbonda had been with Blackburn ect these dont exactly have a winning mentality

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2012, 02:02:51 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=230848
I hate this \"the players mentality\" b*llocks he talks about. Theres no way he should blame that on defeats as he should look at some of the players hes brought in. Ilunga and picquionne both relegated last season. Goulon has been with Blackburn. Kirkland at Wigan. Ikeme at Wolves. Chimbonda had been with Blackburn ect these dont exactly have a winning mentality

Tommy Spur relegated with Wednesday, Chris Brown relegated with Preston, who signed them?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2012, 02:04:21 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=230850

Tommy Spur relegated with Wednesday, Chris Brown relegated with Preston, who signed them?
SLight difference SOD never blamed a loosing mentality

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2012, 02:11:46 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=230853
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=230850

SLight difference SOD never blamed a loosing mentality

You suggested he looked at the players he`s brought in and finished that off with the statement \"both relegated last season\" Therefore you could put the same statement to the two players that I mentioned, they were signed by the previous manager, so should he also look at some of the players the previous manager has brought in? Just balancing your bias argument out, that`s all

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2012, 02:16:02 pm by CusworthRovers »
Gents, forget the stats..........In fairness and applying common sense here, does Tommy lad actually look like a fella who is negative or defeated before the game starts.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2012, 02:20:01 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=230861
Gents, forget the stats..........In fairness and applying common sense here, does Tommy lad actually look like a fella who is negative or defeated before the game starts.

No he does n`t Cussie, but the statement made \"both relegated last season\" made in conjunction with the fact DS brought them in, does n`t hold any water when you look and see that SoD brought in 2 relegated players, yet Donnybax does n`t mention those 2 relegated players

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 31, 2012, 02:23:51 pm by Donnybax »
The reason i dont mention those 2 is that Saunders blames some defeats and perfomances having a loosing mentality and then brings in players with same loosing mentality

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 31, 2012, 02:24:39 pm by Akinfenwa »
Spurr wasn't relegated last season, although he did finish 15th in L1.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 31, 2012, 02:26:18 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=230871
Spurr wasn't relegated last season, although he did finish 15th in L1.

I never said he was relegated last season, I said he was relegated with Wednesday

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 31, 2012, 02:41:03 pm by Akinfenwa »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=230872

I never said he was relegated last season, I said he was relegated with Wednesday

True but I doubt anyone would still carry a 'losing mentality' from 2 seasons previous. Nor do I think that Goulon and Ikeme had a 'losing mentality', they weren't even in their respective sqauds FFS. Chimbonda last got promoted with QPR and EHD won the league with Rangers so they should have a 'winning mentality' if anything. Ilunga and Piquionne had started to win regularly this season with West Ham.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 31, 2012, 02:43:31 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=230877
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=230872

True but I doubt anyone would still carry a 'losing mentality' from 2 seasons previous. Nor do I think that Goulon and Ikeme had a 'losing mentality', they weren't even in their respective sqauds FFS. Chimbonda last got promoted with QPR and EHD won the league with Rangers so they should have a 'winning mentality' if anything. Ilunga and Piquionne had started to win regularly this season with West Ham.

So you agree Donnybax`s reasoning is flawed?

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 31, 2012, 02:52:29 pm by Akinfenwa »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=230878
So you agree Donnybax`s reasoning is flawed?

Well I don't think that the players he listed are bigger losers than the players that were already here.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 31, 2012, 02:53:30 pm by Donnybax »
yes it may be. But im just sick of Saunders excuses, i had a read of Wrexhams forum when we appointed him and something that many said was that he will never take the blame for a defeat

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 01, 2012, 07:01:31 am by intake rover »
question that no ones asked is when sod was placed o gardening leave why the hell did we give saunders a 3 year deal so quick instead of interviewing for the best candidate.????

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 01, 2012, 08:09:57 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"intake rover\" post=231014
question that no ones asked is when sod was placed o gardening leave why the hell did we give saunders a 3 year deal so quick instead of interviewing for the best candidate.????

Do you mean asked or answered? I think you will find it has been asked plenty of times. The answer JR gave at the time was that he had been preparing for O'Driscoll to leave for sometime and looking around for who he wanted to replace him and Saunders was the one he chose. He has also said that he approached others too.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 01, 2012, 08:26:20 am by TheFunk »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=230881
yes it may be. But im just sick of Saunders excuses, i had a read of Wrexhams forum when we appointed him and something that many said was that he will never take the blame for a defeat

No manager takes the blame for defeats, SOD certainly never. He talked of taking responsibility but never took it himself.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 01, 2012, 08:59:29 am by jucyberry »
I saw his interview last week on the FL show, and I thought he came across as a petulant sulky little boy..

But thats just my opinion.. :)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 02, 2012, 12:13:26 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"intake rover\" post=231014

Ermmm! Because we had no choice if we wanted to run with the dismal failure that has been the 'McKay experiment'.

My fear is that we might not have enough money to sack the muppet (in compensation) when our relegation is confirmed.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 02, 2012, 12:58:41 pm by Alickismyhero »
What I don't like about Deanos comments is the constant reference to Seans failings eg
the players are just not fit enough,

\"I have sorted the old problem of players being injured\", really!, and then he goes on about key players being missing due to injuries and not getting the same back four out in consecutive games.

You may have noticed I haven't bought any players\" says Deano well Watson and Bramall starved Sean out and thats why he had to go for freebys  from 1st div teams, where they couldn't get in their team, and then improve them, Gillett.

\"The players I have brought in are class premiership players\" Really, perhaps not that good at Championship level.

Start to take responsibility Deano you have had the players and the time to be successful and stay up, stop pointing a finger and accept responsibility for the situation.

To be fair to Deano I think due to his inexperience at this level his tactics have proved to be very naive for a Championship team and there lies the problem.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 02, 2012, 01:13:43 pm by SiBo »
Thank you Thinwhiteduke! Now if only other people could start taking their head out of the sand and realising that this whole mess was never about sacking SOD and always about the board accepting McKay's plan. Whatever John keeps telling us. Doubt me? Ask the Wrexham fans.

As for your point about DS moaning about never being able to keep the same back four Alickismyhero, well he allows Beye to fly backwards and forwards to France for games so that probably doesn't help a great deal in the back four, whoever's in it, building up any sort of understanding?

I know some people on here think Beye is the answer to all our defensive prayers, and I accept he has had some impressive performances, but he's done well individually at times, how many goals have we conceded from defensive mix ups when he has been in the side? Any one want to work it out?? I'd be interested to know.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 02, 2012, 01:19:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"SiBo\" post=231245
Thank you Thinwhiteduke! Now if only other people could start taking their head out of the sand and realising that this whole mess was never about sacking SOD and always about the board accepting McKay's plan.

Surely everyones aware that it was always a package deal? Surely.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 02, 2012, 01:23:01 pm by SiBo »
You would think so but enough gets written on this messageboard to suggest to the contrary? As much as I don't think the McKay plan was the way for our club to go and was always going to be a risk I can see why it would have tempted the board. But please be honest about it, please be honest about that's why we've now got DS, don't spend the whole season hiding behind things SOD is meant to have done or not done as vindication for the plan failing. SOD may have not been perfect but he was a safe pair of hands who genuinely had the best long-term interests of our club at heart. I don't think anyone can argue the same of the current incumbents.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012