Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:31:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Birmingham City/Dean Saunders  (Read 2379 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Birmingham City/Dean Saunders
« on March 31, 2012, 02:02:42 pm by donnyroversfc »
They are (imo) the strongest and best side in this division (i know they aren't top). We we're never gunna get anything from last nights game even if we had 15 players on the pitch!

Either i've gone mad or my drink was spiked last night because i'm swaying towards being of the opinion of giving Saunders a full pre-season and 7 league games next season (WITHOUT McKay) and see how he goes...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re: Birmingham City/Dean Saunders
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2012, 03:27:56 pm by Rovin Reporter »
here here!!

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2012, 03:52:44 pm by Akinfenwa »
Do I get this right? We let a manager totally reshape the team in what may be one of the most pivotal preseasons that the club will have in recent times, and then give him 7 games.

In my opinion, in an ideal situation (resources and boardroom permitting), JR must make sure that the manager in place for preseason is 100% the right man to reshape this team and lead them for the next few seasons. There can be no doubts, if that man is Dean Saunders then so be it. This is a great chance for a fresh start and would hate for us to mess it up.

We absolutely do not want another midseason sacking again, no excuses of being lumbered with someone else's players and no more players not wanting to play for the management. This is especially the case next season when we'll have used up our chance to build a new team.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2012, 07:20:30 pm by ravenrover »
There are enough experienced managers currently visiting the DHSS, The Ginger Mourinho, Mark Robins for example, who would do a better job than Mr Saunders. For me he seems totally out of his depth and looks to lack the ability to manage at this / 1st Div level. How could he play Friend and Lockwood in the middle last night? I'm probably as quick as they are even at my age!!  And don't get me started on Mr Oster!
His team selection and formation baffle me and as for all his shouting and gesticulating on the touchline, he is simply pointing out a player that needs marking, As for giving instructions to the players they either don't understand him or just totally ignore him.
Whether any of the currently unemployed managers would come to little old Donny is a different question as is the question of could we afford to pay them. I sincerely hope that there is a clause in his contract that says that it is for 3 years subject to staying up otherwise it's goodnight vienna in May.
We are, sadly going down this season and if we are going to make a fist of it next season lets get someone as the manager who will do a good job on very limited resources, address the problem positions that we can all see Goalkeeper,Centre Back, strong ball winning midfielder and a 20 goal a season striker, preferably one who can win the ball in the air as well as use his feet.
All these decisions will fall on the shoulders of one man, Sir John, and the depth of his pocket to find the players we need and hopefully the right manager.
All this is purely opinion on my behalf based on what I have witnessed all season.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2012, 08:48:46 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=230964
There are enough experienced managers currently visiting the DHSS, The Ginger Mourinho, Mark Robins for example, who would do a better job than Mr Saunders. For me he seems totally out of his depth and looks to lack the ability to manage at this / 1st Div level. How could he play Friend and Lockwood in the middle last night? I'm probably as quick as they are even at my age!!  And don't get me started on Mr Oster!
His team selection and formation baffle me and as for all his shouting and gesticulating on the touchline, he is simply pointing out a player that needs marking, As for giving instructions to the players they either don't understand him or just totally ignore him.
Whether any of the currently unemployed managers would come to little old Donny is a different question as is the question of could we afford to pay them. I sincerely hope that there is a clause in his contract that says that it is for 3 years subject to staying up otherwise it's goodnight vienna in May.
We are, sadly going down this season and if we are going to make a fist of it next season lets get someone as the manager who will do a good job on very limited resources, address the problem positions that we can all see Goalkeeper,Centre Back, strong ball winning midfielder and a 20 goal a season striker, preferably one who can win the ball in the air as well as use his feet.
All these decisions will fall on the shoulders of one man, Sir John, and the depth of his pocket to find the players we need and hopefully the right manager.
All this is purely opinion on my behalf based on what I have witnessed all season.

Something SOD failed to do last summer, but lets blame Saunders for that.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 01, 2012, 03:31:15 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=230986

Why bring SOD into a discussion about Saunders? He has gone move on! which I hope Mr Saunders does.......quickly.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 01, 2012, 03:41:18 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=231066
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=230986

Why bring SOD into a discussion about Saunders? He has gone move on! which I hope Mr Saunders does.......quickly.

Maybe its because the majority of those who want rid of Saunders are the ones still crying over the departure of SOD?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 01, 2012, 04:49:34 pm by donnyroversfc »
Why as this turned in to another thread about SO'D vs Saunders?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 01, 2012, 05:16:15 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231074

HAS....................not AS

Try reading the other posts before you write.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 01, 2012, 05:18:45 pm by donnyroversfc »
I can't read.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 01, 2012, 05:21:08 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231081
I can't read.

Yes I have noticed you seem to struggle with the English language.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 01, 2012, 05:22:21 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231074

They all do nowadays.

I think we performed better with debate on the old anti SO'D threads while he was at the helm, DS seems to have no idea how to unite the fan base and is tactically inept with his car parking skills.

I'll get me coat. :coat:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 01, 2012, 05:27:08 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=231084
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231081
I can't read.

Yes I have noticed you seem to struggle with the English language.

I'm from Intake, what do you expect.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 01, 2012, 06:26:34 pm by RedJ »
Christ alive, are they not pissy at you for hogging the village computer? back to smoke signals for you, young un ;-)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 01, 2012, 06:29:54 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=231114
Christ alive, are they not pissy at you for hogging the village computer? back to smoke signals for you, young un ;-)

Best dressed gets more access to the computer, my ellesse vest and trackies was voted the smartest :P

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 01, 2012, 06:30:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=230903
Do I get this right? We let a manager totally reshape the team in what may be one of the most pivotal preseasons that the club will have in recent times, and then give him 7 games.

In my opinion, in an ideal situation (resources and boardroom permitting), JR must make sure that the manager in place for preseason is 100% the right man to reshape this team and lead them for the next few seasons. There can be no doubts, if that man is Dean Saunders then so be it. This is a great chance for a fresh start and would hate for us to mess it up.

We absolutely do not want another midseason sacking again, no excuses of being lumbered with someone else's players and no more players not wanting to play for the management. This is especially the case next season when we'll have used up our chance to build a new team.

That is it, JR has to make a decision in the next few weeks as to what he's going to do.  If you keep Saunders then you have to back him and you have to give him 3/4 months next season before he's judged.  It'll be tough though because even though I don't agree with it, a lot of the fans will expect us to steamroll league 1 and I'm telling you now we will not.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 01, 2012, 11:04:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230849
They are (imo) the strongest and best side in this division (i know they aren't top). We we're never gunna get anything from last nights game even if we had 15 players on the pitch!

Either i've gone mad or my drink was spiked last night because i'm swaying towards being of the opinion of giving Saunders a full pre-season and 7 league games next season (WITHOUT McKay) and see how he goes...

Did you not see the clearcut chances we had?
Diouf Piquionne and Gillett all had pretty much 1 on 1's or open nets to score! To say we were never going to get something is wide of the mark I think, and I don't think Birmingham are the best side in this league either. :whistle:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2012, 12:12:31 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=231176

Did you not see the clearcut chances we had?

No he does n`t attend games, he was in the pub, thats what all top supporters do don`t they? go to the pub when your team is playing at home, and then spout b*llocks about how we played!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2012, 08:07:54 am by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=231181
No he does n`t attend games, he was in the pub, thats what all top supporters do don`t they? go to the pub when your team is playing at home, and then spout b*llocks about how we played!

Oh I see. Are we doing it all wrong Filo, going to matches and all that? :facepalm:

;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012