Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:03:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jimmy O'Connor  (Read 2795 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Jimmy O'Connor
« on April 01, 2012, 09:05:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
What has happened here?

18months ago was rock solid dependable at centre back or right back.

Now nowhere near the first team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Jimmy O'Connor
« Reply #1 on April 01, 2012, 09:11:16 pm by donnyroversfc »
Getting moved around the defence too much (to cover injuries) fcuked his positional play up.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 01, 2012, 10:12:34 pm by mushRTID »
Rumour on twitter Bournemouth want him and Hayter in summer.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2012, 08:13:47 am by drfc1951 »
Good both can leave as far as im concerned.Both great in the past,Hayter always a legend but his legs have gone.

donnyplant

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2012, 08:27:21 am by donnyplant »
Great player! Shocking to see him not getting on the team sheet, I think his last match he came close to MoM and then got dropped due to someones previous reputation.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2012, 08:37:00 am by dickos1 »
Who came close to getting man of the match in his last game. Neither of those 2 surely

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2012, 08:56:57 am by inSODwetrust »
If we stay up, then I think we probably would get rid of Hayter, unsure what we'd do with JOC, but if we go down then I think we should definately be looking to keep JOC, I think Hayter would trouble defences in League 1 and he has that strength and bullish like approach which could help us against some of the more physical teams.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2012, 09:21:33 am by Red wizard »
Don't think either of them want to be here. We need a complete clear out. Deano will know who has been   playing for him.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2012, 09:37:03 am by inSODwetrust »
Going slightly off the topic of O'Connor, but, Do people think we'll keep Chris Brown? Or will he go? I think if we keep him and give him the time of day, he'll do a great job for us. Yeah 3x!

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2012, 10:16:53 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=231203
Going slightly off the topic of O'Connor, but, Do people think we'll keep Chris Brown? Or will he go? I think if we keep him and give him the time of day, he'll do a great job for us. Yeah 3x!

If we are relegated (which is now looking likely) I expect the vast majority of the squad to leave. I very much doubt that we'll be able to afford players like Browny.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2012, 10:51:50 am by Red Rover »
Its simple...

Saunders & McKay & Cash = Chimbonda starts every game he's fit :suicide:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2012, 11:14:38 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Red Rover\" post=231211
Its simple...

If it was that simple all of the players would be playing each week, Robert, Bagayoko, bamogo, plessis, diatta. Non are regulars so rubbishes your point.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2012, 11:17:34 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Its simple...

Conspiracy sensationalism. If that were the case it would apply to other \"McKay\" players too, and it clearly doesn't. Its more simple that Chimbonda has been the better player of late.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 02, 2012, 11:31:05 am by Red wizard »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231207

If we are relegated (which is now looking likely) I expect the vast majority of the squad to leave. I very much doubt that we'll be able to afford players like Browny.
To be fair I don't think any club  would take brown off us.He will be on a good contract and clubs won't pay that for a player who has played a handfull of games.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 02, 2012, 12:08:41 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=231218
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=231207

To be fair I don't think any club  would take brown off us.He will be on a good contract and clubs won't pay that for a player who has played a handfull of games.

I would try and keep Brown and try and get a strike partner for him.Him and Akinfenwa would do a good job.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 02, 2012, 03:07:42 pm by colin cramb »
JOC is my fav player, and in my opinion when on song he's one of the best right backs in this division, i agree though his form has been too inconsistant but id love to see him get a run of games at right back again :thumbsup:

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 02, 2012, 03:39:55 pm by Red Rover »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=231217
Its simple...

Conspiracy sensationalism. If that were the case it would apply to other \"McKay\" players too, and it clearly doesn't. Its more simple that Chimbonda has been the better player of late.

Better player? Behave! Diouf and Chimbonda get in on reputation, Bagayoko, Bamongo, Robert & Plessis don't have the reputation the other 2 (and Piq) have.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2012, 05:42:51 pm by Wild Rover »
Dieuf is the most talented footballer at DRFC, for sure he doesn't get his place on reputation. He is simply talented beyond measure at DRFC.

Chimbonda is the best available Right back when fit, so he is not there on reputation either.

Beye has been DRFC most consistant and best central defender since arrival ( not bad for a full back).

As for \"Strikers\" DS plays who he sees as fittest and most likely to score, so perm any 1  of 3.

In all cases there are no better than the above at DRFC in their relevent positions.

Its jack shit to do with pay or favours to anyone.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2012, 08:41:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Beye is a decent player but no other defender has single handedly caused so many goals from mistakes this season. From Millwall away onwards he has some real beauties under his belt.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 03, 2012, 07:43:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231322
Dieuf is the most talented footballer at DRFC, for sure he doesn't get his place on reputation. He is simply talented beyond measure at DRFC.

Chimbonda is the best available Right back when fit, so he is not there on reputation either.

Beye has been DRFC most consistant and best central defender since arrival ( not bad for a full back).

As for \"Strikers\" DS plays who he sees as fittest and most likely to score, so perm any 1  of 3.

In all cases there are no better than the above at DRFC in their relevent positions.

Think you needed to add a few IMO's to those 'statements'.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 03, 2012, 08:48:27 am by Wild Rover »
Of course they are my opinions. If you read first line of OP there is a requirement for \"Opinions\" .  It was a question. \"Whats happened here then?\" asking for opinions. you got mine.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 03, 2012, 08:21:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231400
Of course they are my opinions. If you read first line of OP there is a requirement for \"Opinions\" .  It was a question. \"Whats happened here then?\" asking for opinions. you got mine.

Here's my opinion JOC has lost his consistency, which is a pity. Chimbonda plays on merit when fit but is would not get in many championship defences, he is in ours because we have the worst one in the division. Of course Beye is our best centre half all the others would not get in the best league one sides, he again would not get in many championship top sides. Tommy Spurr has been the most consistent defender in the side and should be a very good in division 1 unless picked up by a championship side. Diouff again really has nothing to beat now Billy as gone and Fortune gone back to WBA.
Let's see which of these so called good players will be with us next season in division 1. Will Saunders still be here and be able make the team a team not factions in the dressing room, after all as was said when Sean was here its his job to motivate all the players not just the ones he as been lucky to bring in under the JR and McKay scheme.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 03, 2012, 08:45:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231322

Totally correct assessments IMO

TinyPortal © 2005-2012