Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:07:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Exiles  (Read 903 times)

Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker

• Forum Member
Exiles
« on April 03, 2012, 08:11:53 pm by Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker »
Having been exiled in Birmingham for the last 9 months it has got me thinking how many other exiles there are from Birmingham or the Midlands that still attend home games regularly.

I was reading a post in the off topic section re the 'petrol crisis' and it got me thinking of ways to save fuel.  One of the ways was to look at a car share scheme for exiles that live in or around the same area.  By scheme I don't mean anything official, more just arranged via the forum.

Some exiles may already have thought of this idea and already car share but if not it would be interesting to see if this is something that would take off,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RTID75

• VSC Member
Re: Exiles
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2012, 09:51:58 pm by RTID75 »
I drive in from Bedworth (or Coventry if I'm going straight from work) for all home games, but I'm not sure I could commit to any cast-in-stone plan because of work or otherwise where I have to be before setting off for the game. It'd be more on a match to match basis.

The cost of fuel is getting out of hand now, and it is a big factor in my fears that if things stay like they are (wages literally flat-lining yet everything getting more and more expensive) then watching Rovers is going to get too expensive at some point.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #2 on April 04, 2012, 06:23:32 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
I tried pushing this myself. Unfortunatley I found most exiles dont go to that many games but  use this forum to avoid becoming home sick.know what u mean about the price of petrol though. Relegation will hit us exiles hard as local away games will be in flea pits next year. Perhaps living outside the borough we also feel the collapse in respect for our club from planet football. Least i missed birmingham with the petrol debacle though.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 04, 2012, 07:25:01 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker\" post=231534
Having been exiled in Birmingham for the last 9 months it has got me thinking how many other exiles there are from Birmingham or the Midlands that still attend home games regularly.

I was reading a post in the off topic section re the 'petrol crisis' and it got me thinking of ways to save fuel.  One of the ways was to look at a car share scheme for exiles that live in or around the same area.  By scheme I don't mean anything official, more just arranged via the forum.

Some exiles may already have thought of this idea and already car share but if not it would be interesting to see if this is something that would take off,

You have mail!B)

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 04, 2012, 08:09:30 am by Ldr »
As always I am looking for a car share from newcastle (can pick up down the A1 / A19 corridor)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012