Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:43:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What am I missing with Moussa?  (Read 3186 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
What am I missing with Moussa?
« on April 13, 2011, 10:51:45 am by ravenrover »
I've seen Moussa play 3 times now Forest, Cardiff and last night and wonder what I am missing that SO'D and a lot of others on this forum are seeing. Yes there is an odd flash from him a couple of good attempts on goal, but his hold up play is poor, his tackling is weak, his passing isn't the best and isolating himself on the left wing, perhaps orders from SO'D, doesn't seem to do a deal for the balance of the team. The way that some on the forum have spoken about him and the wishes to retain him for next season amaze me. I don't see him much better than our other left sided player Woods, and to be fair I don't particularly rate him compared to others in our squad.
Please tell me, politely, what I am missing apart from the fact that sizewise he meets the criteria for our midfield.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
Re: What am I missing with Moussa?
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2011, 11:04:11 am by fudgepacker »
I thought the same thing last night. He's got pace and he likes to run at defenders but he lacks that final ball. His composure around the goal isn't that great either.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2011, 11:24:00 am by The Red Baron »
Two words- \"Lewis\" and \"Guy.\" :dry:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2011, 11:34:54 am by Superspy »
Quote from: \"fudgepacker\" post=150243
I thought the same thing last night. He's got pace and he likes to run at defenders but he lacks that final ball.

exactly what i was saying to dad yesterday, i still like the fact he runs at defenders though, a final ball and composure is something he can practice, but running at defenders is a mentality, and we don't have that many players who have that in their locker.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2011, 11:41:54 am by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=150249
Two words- \"Lewis\" and \"Guy.\" :dry:

I said that lst night, a player like that would be a good formula for us.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2011, 11:45:02 am by RobTheRover »
I think you are selling the lad short a bit.

He works hard and tracks back, links play well and is comfortable to run with the ball at opposition defenders.  And he is only 19.

And he scored at Leeds, so that elevates him to Demi-God status.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2011, 12:07:23 pm by Rios »
You get what you pay for and he's all we can afford.  In five years he'll probably be a classy player with a guaranteed spot in Leicester's first team, but at the moment he's a talented, quick but very raw kid.  And like all kids he'll have good games and bad ones...

...and to compare him to Lewis Guy is just plain cruel!  I hope he doesn't read the forums, you'll absolutely murder his confidence!
:laugh:

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2011, 12:17:24 pm by tommy toes »
I'm with The Red Baron on this one. He reminds me a lot of Lewis Guy, running around a lot trying to dribble and then passing to the invisible man. Seems a bottler when it comes to finishing too just like Lewis, although the crossbar hit last night was one out of the blue, but even Lewis did summat right accicently now and again

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2011, 12:18:39 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
I'm not a fan either; it seems a shame we're persevering with him, yet Mason hasn't had a chance.

And to bring Shiels on ahead of him seemed a strange decision too.

I don't know why, given our lack of physical players, we keep going out and recruiting lightweight players.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2011, 12:39:56 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"AbsolutDRFC\" post=150272
I'm not a fan either; it seems a shame we're persevering with him, yet Mason hasn't had a chance.

And to bring Shiels on ahead of him seemed a strange decision too.

I don't know why, given our lack of physical players, we keep going out and recruiting lightweight players.

because physical players either cost money, or have very little skill and don't fit our style of play.

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2011, 03:56:39 pm by Rover13 »
I can't believe what reading I think he has done well in the time he has been here watched every match with him in and I would say he is way better than Lewis guy weird comparison

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2011, 04:07:49 pm by RedJ »
Mason's better in my opinion.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2011, 04:50:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
This guy Mousa has just got a three year deal with Leicester! he shouldnt have been playing last night as he clearly Coasting along and taking the Michael, end of!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 13, 2011, 05:12:54 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Sprotyrover\" post=150317
This guy Mousa has just got a three year deal with Leicester! he shouldnt have been playing last night as he clearly Coasting along and taking the Michael, end of!

That's what I thought. If played this weekend he'll be the same.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 13, 2011, 05:24:42 pm by Superspy »
with the runs he was making at the defense and his confidence to take players on and turn on the ball last night im really surprised you guys think he's coasting.

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 13, 2011, 05:45:37 pm by Rover13 »
Quote from: \"Sprotyrover\" post=150317

That is just a daft comment in my opinion the lad is young and showing that he has plenty of potential

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 13, 2011, 06:28:46 pm by hoolahoop »
Seriously I've never read so much shite in my life 1) the lad is undoubtedly talented . 2) Coasting ........are some of you having a giraffe ? 3) Barring Copps he was the best player on that pitch last night.

If some of you can't see the ability this lad has then I suggest you need to watch some 'top class' footy to compare his abilities with some of our donkeys........Jeez!

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 13, 2011, 08:12:48 pm by Rover13 »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=150335
Seriously I've never read so much shite in my life 1) the lad is undoubtedly talented . 2) Coasting ........are some of you having a giraffe ? 3) Barring Copps he was the best player on that pitch last night.

If some of you can't see the ability this lad has then I suggest you need to watch some 'top class' footy to compare his abilities with some of our donkeys........Jeez!

At last some sense could not agree more

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2011, 09:45:57 am by DonnyHodge »
Can only agree with those positive comments. He's earned a 3 year deal with svens boys on the back of proving himself at donny! Though id have been tempted to get him off after 70 minutes, the lad looked knackered!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2011, 02:58:16 pm by wing commander »
I think he's ok,i wouldnt want to spend many pennys on him and i dont think we will miss him much,more of a concern to me is Copps,is he carrying an injury??,he scored against Cardiff but did little else and same tuesday and why has he stopped running against the full back,is that sods new instruction???

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2011, 08:42:12 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=150335

Sorry to disagree but you have made several broad comments with little substance, what do you see as his abilities that make him a starter every game other than a possible clause in his loan deal. I would have said barring 10 other players he was our best player Tuesday night please tell me why I and others are wrong in your opinion, after all this is only peoples opinion, and what do you suggest is the \"top class\" footie we should go and watch and to whom are you comparing him?

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2011, 09:13:31 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Got to say that im not a fan of Moussa. There is no doubting he's quick and likes to dribble but in our slightly different style of play, there is a need for the wide players to win headers, track back and work very hard whilst still showing the attacking ability and Coppinger first touch is a must if ball retention is to be achieved.

Moussa has yet to show any of these abilities as yet. Whilst he may be young, and may improve in the future, we should be looking at giving others a try. We may be short of players but we do have options with both Mason and Euell and both should be playing more often.

If we're after a season long loan next season then fine but personally id prefer Mason over Moussa any day of week.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2011, 09:29:09 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
He's an athlete-I'd put a wager on him being the fittest player in the squad. He's not easily bullied off the ball which is exactly what is needed at the moment, even if the end product is not always there (and if it was, there's no way he'd be at Rovers in the first place).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012