Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:31:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worst case scenario  (Read 1998 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Worst case scenario
« on May 02, 2014, 04:57:16 pm by ravenrover »
The 4th official holds the board up 4mins extra time. The score is 0-0, to quote the special one, the defence is fantastic we haven't had a shot on goal. It's all Leicester attack after attack but all repelled Johnson is pulling off save after save there's 30 seconds to play Philips receives the ball back to goal spins and slides the ball into the bottom corner 1-0 Leicester their fans start the celebration. The away fans are still buzzing though the news from the Reebok 2 mins of extra time still to play 1-0 Bolton they have squandered chance after chance but Brum get a breakaway 2 on 1 the ball is played wide the shot comes in and thunders against the bar only for Macheda to slide in and prod the ball home.
We are relegated on goal difference
Dear god I hope not  :crying:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 05:02:50 pm by ravenrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Worst case scenario
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2014, 05:02:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
wtf

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2014, 05:06:09 pm by IDM »
Worst case scenario is we go down, however it comes about.

I think we all know, after last season, that the whole picture can change completely in a matter of seconds in added on time!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2014, 05:50:01 pm by the vicar »
what about Leicester get a pen in the last min hit the bar we break 2 on 1 sharp passes sideways to cops and he roles it in to the net game over 1-0 win could this ever happen?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2014, 05:51:24 pm by RedArmy »
that reminds me a bet of Coppinger and 1-0 is a must.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2014, 06:07:37 pm by eastender »
The 4th official holds the board up 4mins extra time. The score is 0-0, to quote the special one, the defence is fantastic we haven't had a shot on goal. It's all Leicester attack after attack but all repelled Johnson is pulling off save after save there's 30 seconds to play Philips receives the ball back to goal spins and slides the ball into the bottom corner 1-0 Leicester their fans start the celebration. The away fans are still buzzing though the news from the Reebok 2 mins of extra time still to play 1-0 Bolton they have squandered chance after chance but Brum get a breakaway 2 on 1 the ball is played wide the shot comes in and thunders against the bar only for Macheda to slide in and prod the ball home.

Not to dissimilar to what i put on the "More i think about it thread".

The first part of my prediction came true.  :thumbsup:

Re: The more I think about it...
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2014, 02:27:22 PM by eastender »

The more I think about it... the clearer this vision becomes , Brum get beat by Wigan on Tuesday then at 2.10 on Saturday , were 3-0 down and Brum are getting beat 1-0 at Bolton.(all's well)

Then in the 97th min up pops Mecheda to equalise and seal our fate.  :(

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2014, 07:04:00 pm by River Don »
Being from South Yorkshire I think we can envisage a grimmer scenario than that Raven.

Birmingham go 1-0 up after two minutes. Leicester have a man sent off. Rovers play great but spurn loads of good chances, Millwall go 0-1 down in the last 5 minutes. Rovers have a penalty in added time! Billy Sharp scores but the ref wants it retaken. Sharp balloons it over. Rovers go down on goals scored. A couple of weeks later Rotherham are promoted via the play-offs.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:27:31 pm by River Don »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2014, 07:31:56 pm by bobbymax »
Best case we stay up, worst case we don't.

At the end of the day, it's only a game of football and we'll still have a club to support.

It may only be delaying the inevitable if we survive anyway. The Championship is already looking tougher next season

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 02, 2014, 07:51:17 pm by River Don »
Actually my inner south Yorkshire pessimism was nagging at me there and I realise now it could be even worse than that.

Rovers could have a 3-0 lead when the game is called off because of heavy rain. In the replay Sharp misses the crucial penalty at the second attempt.

But sod all that, Doncastrians aren't as pessimistic as Sheffield callers on BBC Moan and grumble. Whatever happens we still have our club to support and we'd still be playing in a higher league than we normally do and we'd have a decent chance of getting promoted and Rotherham probably won't go up and we'll probably hammer them in next seasons  play-off final and someone will get a great photo of Steve Evans crying his eyes out with mascara running down his cheeks.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2014, 08:17:28 pm by Mr1Croft »
If by tomorrow we are relegated then it won't be because of Macheda scoring in injury time or Sharp missing a penalty. It will be because after 46 games we are in the relegation zone. What will be will be.

But I actually believe we will do it, whether its by a shady 1-0 win, a 0-0 bore draw or even a 6-0 thumping and relying on Bolton, I believe we sill still be in the Championship.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2014, 11:22:17 pm by Donnyjim »

You bas**rd! Have just seen int'a future!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2014, 12:35:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If them's the grimmest scenarios you can envisage in a Leicestershire, you obviously didn't have the experiences with rough lasses between the bins at the back of nightclubs that I had as a student down there in the 80s.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2014, 12:52:22 am by RobTheRover »
what about Leicester get a pen in the last min hit the bar we break 2 on 1 sharp passes sideways to cops and he roles it in to the net game over 1-0 win could this ever happen?

Don't be stupid. Much too far-fetched to actually happen.

Isn't it?

;)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 04, 2014, 12:54:54 am by eastender »
If by tomorrow we are relegated then it won't be because of Macheda scoring in injury time or Sharp missing a penalty. It will be because after 46 games we are in the relegation zone. What will be will be.

Your right Crofty.. after 46 game we are in the relegation zone, and not because Mecheda scored in injury time.
....It's because Caddis scored in injury time.
If he hadn't we would still be in the championship , end of ...stuff the other 45 games.
Our  season came down to a 1 game shoot out and we lost.  :(

What will be will be.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012