Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:15:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taxi for  (Read 3632 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Taxi for
« on November 14, 2020, 05:09:44 pm by ravenrover »
Cocu at Derby, Mr Rooney to step up?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Taxi for
« Reply #1 on November 14, 2020, 05:16:52 pm by Campsall rover »
Too many foreign managers who don’t know our leagues getting jobs.

Same clubs making same mistakes over & over & over again.
It quite amusing really.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 14, 2020, 05:25:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He just didn't look comfortable. A rabbit in headlights rooted to the spot. Out of his depth.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 14, 2020, 05:28:26 pm by vaya »
Not helped by Derby being yet another one of those clubs living in the past as regards where they think they 'should' be.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 14, 2020, 05:43:25 pm by 5minstogo »
Wouldn't be surprised if they come knocking for Darren

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 14, 2020, 05:50:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Wouldn't be surprised if they come knocking for Darren
They can knock all they like. No one is in.

Well DM isn’t. He is self isolating.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 14, 2020, 08:04:58 pm by karldew »
Bristol Rovers sacked their manager too??

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 14, 2020, 10:41:18 pm by ss1953 »
Derby have said they won't appoint a permanent manager until their takeover is complete.
From BBC Football Derby County site:

"The Rams are also close to a takeover after chairman Mel Morris agreed a deal in principle with Abu Dhabi-based consortium Derventio Holdings (UK) Limited.

The company is led by Sheikh Khaled bin Saquer Zayed Al Nayhan, a cousin of Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour, and a new manager will not be appointed until the takeover is completed.

The deal is understood to be worth £60m, but the EFL is yet to confirm the change of ownership"

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 15, 2020, 10:28:28 am by tyke1962 »
Last saturday at Pride Park was probably the easiset three points we've won since we were promoted back to the Championship .

I don't know how much money they are paying Rooney but I suspect it's enormous and he ain't worth 5k a week .

The legs have gone , he may score the odd free kick or put a decent ball through to a player now and again but for that kind of outlay its a complete waste of money when you could get a younger player in for far less expense .

As Derby chased the game Rooney dropped further and further back , just where you want to see him really .

Another championship basket case of a club .

There's plenty of frustration with our own model but at least we see young lads giving their all with improvement in them and not over paid , over the hill ex PL footballers rinsing one last pay day out of the club for not very much on the field .

You couldn't tempt me with ten Wayne Rooney's for one Callum Styles .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 15, 2020, 10:43:49 am by Campsall rover »
Last saturday at Pride Park was probably the easiset three points we've won since we were promoted back to the Championship .

I don't know how much money they are paying Rooney but I suspect it's enormous and he ain't worth 5k a week .

The legs have gone , he may score the odd free kick or put a decent ball through to a player now and again but for that kind of outlay its a complete waste of money when you could get a younger player in for far less expense .

As Derby chased the game Rooney dropped further and further back , just where you want to see him really .

There's plenty of frustration with our own model but at least we see young lads giving their all with improvement in them and not over paid , over the hill ex PL footballers rinsing one last pay day out of the club for not very much on the field .

Got to agree with you Tyke. Rooney’s legs are gone. Whatever they are paying him is a waste of money because is influence on games in minimal.
You only have to look at the league table to see that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 15, 2020, 10:47:05 am by DonnyOsmond »

It quite amusing really.

It's probably a similar or better percentage that succeed than fail compared to British managers though. Stendel, Struber, Wagner, Frank, Bielsa, Farke, Lamouchi, Paunovic, Ivic and Bilic have all done well.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 15, 2020, 11:12:43 am by EasyforDennis »

It quite amusing really.

Too many foreign Manager..........
Too many foreign owners.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 15, 2020, 11:24:24 am by tyke1962 »

Got to agree with you Tyke. Rooney’s legs are gone. Whatever they are paying him is a waste of money because is influence on games in minimal.
You only have to look at the league table to see that.

When they signed him I shook my head , big fanfare and his first game for Derby last season was against ourselves with the usual Sky tv over the top build up .

You'd have thought they'd signed the Rooney of ten years ago rather than someone from the MLS who is over the hill .

It's actually a bit sad in many respects seeing him struggling to effect games when you saw him all those years at Man Utd and the success he was part of at Old Trafford .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 15, 2020, 11:27:24 am by Campsall rover »

It quite amusing really.

Too many foreign Manager..........
Too many foreign owners.
Yes both.
Nothing against foreigners of course but we need to give more opportunities to our younger British managers  such as Sol Campbell for example.
As for owners well for many of them it is just a toy to play with until they either get fed up with it and lose interest. Or they realise it is not going to make them another few hundred million quid because of an inability to get the club into the Premier League.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 15, 2020, 11:27:53 am by NickDRFC »
Campsall, how can you possibly draw a direct correlation between Derby’s position in the table and Rooney’s legs being gone/his impact being minimal? It’s like saying when we were relegated from League One that a 35 year old Copps’ legs had gone as evidenced by our position in the table.

I know several Derby fans who don’t like the whole circus around Rooney and don’t think he’s worth what they’re reportedly paying him, but he’s trying hard and playing reasonably well - it’s the players alongside him who are the problem.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 15, 2020, 11:54:40 am by Campsall rover »
Campsall, how can you possibly draw a direct correlation between Derby’s position in the table and Rooney’s legs being gone/his impact being minimal? It’s like saying when we were relegated from League One that a 35 year old Copps’ legs had gone as evidenced by our position in the table.

I know several Derby fans who don’t like the whole circus around Rooney and don’t think he’s worth what they’re reportedly paying him, but he’s trying hard and playing reasonably well - it’s the players alongside him who are the problem.
You have mis understood my post Nick.
I am not blaming Derby’s demise on Rooney. What I said was his influence is minimal and the fact they are bottom of the League pretty much proves he hasn’t made any difference to the teams ability to get positive results.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 15, 2020, 01:15:08 pm by tyke1962 »

You have mis understood my post Nick.
I am not blaming Derby’s demise on Rooney. What I said was his influence is minimal and the fact they are bottom of the League pretty much proves he hasn’t made any difference to the teams ability to get positive results.

There's a lot of what I call transfer snobbery at clubs like Derby and several more in the championship .

They think it's beneath them to scout the under the radar talent and prefer to stick their chests out and splash the cash on some in reality very average players .

Which wouldn't be so sad if they actually had the income to start with .

Just where has this strategy got Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday ?

Jordan Rhodes cost Wednesday £12m plus £35k a week !!!! and it's reported Derby have had to pay out multi millions to get rid of Phillip Cocu .

You couldn't make it up in this league you really couldn't .

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 15, 2020, 01:44:43 pm by NickDRFC »
Jordan Rhodes, as terrible a signing as he has turned out to be, signed three and a half years ago. They’ve had 4 new managers since they signed him. I’m not sure he can really be a poster boy for any current strategy.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 15, 2020, 04:25:44 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 15, 2020, 04:54:32 pm by Campsall rover »

Yes! https://gasheads.org/board/2/gas-guzzler
Another club going through mangers like most of us have hot dinners.

What is it with these owners/boards. The right recruitment of course is never quaranteed but it is the same clubs going through managers by the bucket load.

Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Sheff Wed, Birmingham City and QPR in the Championship.
Sunderland, Bristol Rovers and MK Dons in League 1,  Bradford City, Southend and Stevenage in League 2 and Notts County, Chesterfield and Wrexham in the National League.
Probably missed a few others as well.

One thing that stands out at every one of those clubs is the lack of success over the last 5 years.
If they actually stuck with a manager for a decent period of time then they might actually be able to build a team that can be successful.
It is quite sad really and i feel sorry for the supporters of these basket case clubs.

Just further strengthens the realisation what a great board we have at DRFC.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:40:04 pm by Campsall rover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 15, 2020, 05:54:57 pm by RoversAlias »
Not sure Bristol Rovers are a good example of that to be fair. Their previous manager left them in the lurch to join Mansfield (they are two managers past him already) and Garner had just not taken to management well. They had a very poor record under him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 15, 2020, 05:56:35 pm by drfchound »

What is it with these owners/boards. The right recruitment of course is never quaranteed but it is the same clubs going through managers by the bucket load.

Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Sheff Wed, Birmingham City & QPR in the Championship.
Sunderland, Bristol Rovers & MK Dons in League 1,  Bradford City, Southend & Stevenage in League 2 & Notts County, Chesterfield, & Wrexham in the National League.

One thing that stands out at every one of those clubs is the lack of success over the last 5 years.
If they actually stuck with a manager for a decent period of time then they might actually be able to build a team that can be successful.
It is quite sad really and i feel sorry for the supporters of these basket case clubs.

8amp sounds very under rated.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 15, 2020, 07:06:08 pm by idler »

Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Sheff Wed, Birmingham City & QPR in the Championship.
Sunderland, Bristol Rovers & MK Dons in League 1,  Bradford City, Southend & Stevenage in League 2 & Notts County, Chesterfield, & Wrexham in the National League.

Haven't you lads got OHMs to go to?

8amp sounds very under rated.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 15, 2020, 09:27:52 pm by Campsall rover »
Not sure Bristol Rovers are a good example of that to be fair. Their previous manager left them in the lurch to join Mansfield (they are two managers past him already) and Garner had just not taken to management well. They had a very poor record under him.
Maybe not Alias. The best examples are the Championship clubs i mentioned.
All chasing the pot of gold the Premier league offers. All wanting almost instant success which some of these owners do not seem to understand is almost impossible.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:12:08 pm by Campsall rover »

eadiee73

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 16, 2020, 02:12:02 pm by eadiee73 »

Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Sheff Wed, Birmingham City and QPR in the Championship.
Sunderland, Bristol Rovers and MK Dons in League 1,  Bradford City, Southend and Stevenage in League 2 and Notts County, Chesterfield and Wrexham in the National League.

Gashead here.
That’s a tad unfair. We are not a sacking club. The last manager to be “sacked” was McGhee in January ‘13. Clarke left by mutual agreement and it was very mutual in December 2018. Coughlan was poached by Mansfield in December ‘19. So Garner’s  the first for a very long time. Under a different owner he would have been sacked sometime ago because his record has been wretched. If anything our board showed too much loyalty. Good players we think but a fairly clueless manager.
Agree with what else you said but our board is not like you’ve portrayed.

UTG!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 16, 2020, 02:23:38 pm by dknward2 »
Mutual agreement just means accept the terms to leave before we sack you

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 16, 2020, 02:25:38 pm by Campsall rover »

Gashead here.
That%u2019s a tad unfair. We are not a sacking club. The last manager to be %u201Csacked%u201D was McGhee in January %u201813. Clarke left by mutual agreement and it was very mutual in December 2018. Coughlan was poached by Mansfield in December %u201819. So Garner%u2019s  the first for a very long time. Under a different owner he would have been sacked sometime ago because his record has been wretched. If anything our board showed too much loyalty. Good players we think but a fairly clueless manager.
Agree with what else you said but our board is not like you%u2019ve portrayed.

UTG!
No fair enough eadiee 73 my apologies.
Your turnover of recent managers is not due to sackings. It was not a good example using Bristol Rovers
Hope your next appointment stays with you longer.
All the best.

eadiee73

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 16, 2020, 04:01:04 pm by eadiee73 »
Mutual agreement just means accept the terms to leave before we sack you

Yes, normally I’d agree but in that particular case Clarke had been publicly critical about “broken promises”, his body language was awful and then we played a club from South Yorkshire called Doncaster Rovers and got hammered 0-4 at home. He wanted to go, the board realised it was impossible to continue but he had been fantastic for us up to the start of the 18/19 season so an arrangement was agreed so one of our legends could leave with his head held high. It was mutual on that occasion but I know what you mean in most cases.

UTG!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 17, 2020, 02:34:26 pm by The Red Baron »
It wouldn't surprise me if Rooney eventually gets the managers job with an experienced coach brought in alongside him as his No. 2.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012