Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:13:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bostock  (Read 1168 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Bostock
« on February 06, 2021, 07:07:00 pm by ravenrover »
Have to say from the little we saw I thought he looked a class player
The way he tok up the position when he came on to prevent 2 players from receiving the ball was it from a throw in? alone showed his ability. A couple of decent touches and it seemed from Amos comments he's looked a bit tasty in training. Looking forward to see him in midfield

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
Re: Bostock
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2021, 07:13:29 pm by rover-n-out »
Midfield? nah, he'll either be upfront with Fej next week, or in goal.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2021, 07:17:15 pm by andyst79 »
If you look on you tube there's some good clips of him in Belgium & France. Looks like he can boss the midfield .

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 06, 2021, 07:26:23 pm by Rovers91 »
Towards very end of game when Lokilo had done well and won free kick it looked like he was talking to him and with his hand gestures looked like possibly about a previous play. He will only be good for the young lads with his experience and from the few touches and his runs looks like he could be just as valuable on the pitch.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 06, 2021, 07:33:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He showed one or two touches of El Hadji Diouf quality. He looks to have the capability to toy with opponents in league one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 07:35:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 06, 2021, 07:38:11 pm by redandwhitearmy »
He did show a couple of good touches once he come on.
Wasn’t on long enough to make a impression but he certainly didn’t do anything wrong!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 06, 2021, 08:05:01 pm by graingrover »
 My step grandson lives in Leuven and has a season ticket with Leuven FC  that John Bostock played for .He says Bostock was the fans’ favourite and they lobbied the club to get him back when he left Toulouse .
Btw Leuven has the same ownership as Leicester Coty and take some players from them every  season .They are a decent Division One club having gained promotion last year .
John Bostock’will no doubt end up a popular player for us .

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:08:45 pm by graingrover »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 06, 2021, 08:10:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's got the experience and the skills no doubt so the only thing we are unsure about is his durability/stamina but if Amos describes him as 'tasty' in training then we could have a gem on our hands.

I think today was the first time I thought we could do with Whiteman in there. Smith and Richards were not getting on the ball anywhere near enough in the first half. Halliday was virtually an on looker going forward too seeing very little of the ball.

Generally in the game, we made some poor decisions and were sloppy at times. Gomes seemed a bit out of sorts at times too, still getting up to match fitness, so the midfield needs sorting by finding the right blend.

Bostock could be the one that brings that extra dimension, making time on the ball and bringing others in to play around him, leading by example.

For me Taylor seems to be the one most at risk as some of his play is careless, running into offside positions and his crossing is 'hopeful' at best. That said, he took his goal very well and worked hard.

If we can improve the possession and game management side of things based on recent performances, then we should make things less hectic for  our back four and keeper.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 06, 2021, 08:11:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I was impressed too by the class and effort. Maybe a sub at around 60 mins on Tues, or if Richards is injured or needs resting, could be a start?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 06, 2021, 08:23:30 pm by keith79 »
Exciting times

TinyPortal © 2005-2012