Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:32:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 94341 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #480 on June 23, 2020, 11:18:04 am by Not Now Kato »
  Well I accept that people have different views to me, but I think that the biggest difference between us is that I absolutely defend your right to do so, but it would be nice and a change for you lot to try and do so without belittling and insulting other peoples views and accept that others do not agree.
   That is one of the remains biggest problems, reading the populations mood, and what they wanted. which caused entrenchment and resentment, something that a political movement can never overcome.
   Lose someone and they are very hard to recover, the Labour movement in this country will have to learn to live with that.

It's one thing to have a different view selby, quite another to fail to justify it.  Often, it's been a case of failing to even try to justify it.

I, and others, consistently posted the benefits of membership of the EU.  I even posted a list of all the things we're losing by no longer being a member.  I've also frequently asked those who voted leave to tell me one way the UK WILL be better off outside the EU, and to date no one has!  Had it been evident that leaving the EU would have made us better off then believe you me I would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

Have you looked at any of the UK Government links I posted as to what leaving means to our businesses?  Can YOU tell me how the UK WILL be better off outside the EU, not if's but's maybe's and with a fair wind... just WILL?

Leavers haven't just shot themselves in the foot....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #481 on June 23, 2020, 11:25:17 am by selby »
  Kato, very funny, but just another pop at belittling people who don't agree with your opinion.
  You don't learn, it is like water off a ducks back here mate, I just chuck the hook and don't even put on a worm.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #482 on June 23, 2020, 11:32:55 am by Not Now Kato »
  Kato, very funny, but just another pop at belittling people who don't agree with your opinion.
  You don't learn, it is like water off a ducks back here mate, I just chuck the hook and don't even put on a worm.

But it's not my opinion selby, what I've posted are facts backed by links to the facts; something you seem to be unable to do in spite of being given the opportunity.  I respect your right to your own opinion, but when you fail to qualify it you do look, well, rather silly to be honest - just like your fishing without a worm!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #483 on June 23, 2020, 01:26:19 pm by IDM »

So you are a self confessed WUM.  Hope the mods take note..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #484 on June 23, 2020, 01:43:43 pm by drfchound »
“Leftwaffe”

Really.?  You’re better than that surely.?

Yes, I usually am IDM, but not when someone says my post was a load of crap.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #485 on June 23, 2020, 01:47:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Well I accept that people have different views to me, but I think that the biggest difference between us is that I absolutely defend your right to do so, but it would be nice and a change for you lot to try and do so without belittling and insulting other peoples views and accept that others do not agree.
   That is one of the remains biggest problems, reading the populations mood, and what they wanted. which caused entrenchment and resentment, something that a political movement can never overcome.
   Lose someone and they are very hard to recover, the Labour movement in this country will have to learn to live with that.

From someone who attributed a quote to completely the wrong person and has never acknowledged doing so I don't think you're in a position to lecture anyone about free speech.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #486 on June 23, 2020, 01:48:09 pm by drfchound »
Two of the Leftwaffe out early today.
As I said, we won’t know for a few years.
Of course a good deal is better than a bad one.
Do you know for a fact that we won’t get a good deal or that other countries won’t want to deal with us (that’s the UK by the way SR).

I agree though NNK, the voters were deceived by lies by the Brexit people.

I would love to know how we can get a better deal with the EU than the one we had before we decided to leave.  Even a supposed good deal, (whatever that turns out to be - if anything), can never be as good - it would be pointless for the EU to exist otherwise, they simply can't treat us as equal to the members of their club let alone better!

Have you looked at those links I posted earlier, from out own Government, telling business in the UK what they will have to do to trade with each individual nation in the EU?  Have you considered the implications on UK business?

Oh, and we already trade with the rest of the world via trade deals struck with the EU.  Do you, or anyone here, think that we as a small island can get better deals with the rest of the world than the ones we had as part of the EU?  Have a look what New Zealand think....

https://www.politik.co.nz/2020/06/18/nz-ready-to-get-heavy-with-the-uk/

It isn't about being left, or right, or centre; it's about what's best for this country.  Why would anyone in their right mind want to downgrade?

But I am glad you agree that those who voted Leave were deceived by the lies of the Leave Campaigns; sadly, we're now about to pay the price for that.

No NNK, I haven’t read the links that you posted.
Better off isn’t just about any deals we get is it.
Apparently we don’t have to pay £350m a week into the EU coffers so that would be a good start wouldn’t it.
But, as I said, no one can know for a fact that we won’t be better off.
I will put a note into my phone to see how we are in ten years and we can revisit this conversation.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #487 on June 23, 2020, 02:03:17 pm by Not Now Kato »
Do you know for a fact that we won’t get a good deal or that other countries won’t want to deal with us (that’s the UK by the way SR).

I would love to know how we can get a better deal with the EU than the one we had before we decided to leave.  Even a supposed good deal, (whatever that turns out to be - if anything), can never be as good - it would be pointless for the EU to exist otherwise, they simply can't treat us as equal to the members of their club let alone better!

Have you looked at those links I posted earlier, from out own Government, telling business in the UK what they will have to do to trade with each individual nation in the EU?  Have you considered the implications on UK business?

Oh, and we already trade with the rest of the world via trade deals struck with the EU.  Do you, or anyone here, think that we as a small island can get better deals with the rest of the world than the ones we had as part of the EU?  Have a look what New Zealand think....

It isn't about being left, or right, or centre; it's about what's best for this country.  Why would anyone in their right mind want to downgrade?

But I am glad you agree that those who voted Leave were deceived by the lies of the Leave Campaigns; sadly, we're now about to pay the price for that.

Apparently we don’t have to pay £350m a week into the EU coffers so that would be a good start wouldn’t it.
I will put a note into my phone to see how we are in ten years and we can revisit this conversation.

Perhaps you should take the time to have a look at those links as they are nothing at all to do with us being better or worse off.

And we never EVER paid the EU £350m a week.  NEVER! EVER!  Why do people keep expounding the lies yet refuse to look at links that will tell them the truth - yes, truth from our own government!

We're already worse off, or did you not read the list of EU benefits we've just thrown away?  Wouldn't surprise me as you seem to only want to look at and believe the lies you've been told in the Sun, Mail, Telegraph or the social media etc!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #488 on June 23, 2020, 02:19:48 pm by drfchound »

Perhaps you should take the time to have a look at those links as they are nothing at all to do with us being better or worse off.

And we never EVER paid the EU £350m a week.  NEVER! EVER!  Why do people keep expounding the lies yet refuse to look at links that will tell them the truth - yes, truth from our own government!

We're already worse off, or did you not read the list of EU benefits we've just thrown away?  Wouldn't surprise me as you seem to only want to look at and believe the lies you've been told in the Sun, Mail, Telegraph or the social media etc!

NNK, I don’t read any of those rags that you have listed and I don’t do twitter or instagram either.
I also know that we didn’t pay the EU £350m a week, you should have noticed that I wrote “apparently” before those words.
As for the links that get posted on here, on the political threads I very rarely open any of them up because over time I have come to realise that invariably they are just full of government bashing stuff and to be honest I got sick of reading them.
Far too predictable.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #489 on June 23, 2020, 02:45:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If an argument is sound, the fact that its conclusions are critical of Govt doesn't make it any less sound.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #490 on June 23, 2020, 03:22:46 pm by Not Now Kato »

NNK, I don’t read any of those rags that you have listed and I don’t do twitter or instagram either.
I also know that we didn’t pay the EU £350m a week, you should have noticed that I wrote “apparently” before those words.
As for the links that get posted on here, on the political threads I very rarely open any of them up because over time I have come to realise that invariably they are just full of government bashing stuff and to be honest I got sick of reading them.
Far too predictable.

The links I posted and referred to hound are actual government papers, there's no government knocking in them, just facts; neither more nor less - have a look, you may be surprised?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #491 on June 23, 2020, 07:24:50 pm by wilts rover »
There's none as blind as them as wont see.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #492 on June 23, 2020, 08:54:56 pm by selby »
Just a long list of whataboutary Kato

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #493 on June 23, 2020, 09:31:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Rather like all your predictions of EU doom and gloom, I'd say.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #494 on June 23, 2020, 11:08:14 pm by Not Now Kato »
Just a long list of whataboutary Kato

So selby, you don't understand how PMQ's works and now you demonstrate you don't know the difference between a list of facts and whataboutary.  It must be really difficult being you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #495 on June 23, 2020, 11:11:21 pm by SydneyRover »
Careful Kato he may be fishing without a hook again you know how cunning he is  :)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #496 on June 23, 2020, 11:15:14 pm by Not Now Kato »
Careful Kato he may be fishing without a hook again you know how cunning he is  :)

I suspect he hasn't even got a fishing licence and wouldn't know which end of the rod to hold in the first place SR.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #497 on June 24, 2020, 10:28:54 am by selby »
  It is easier with a net mate. You catch more,and can chuck the sprats back.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #498 on June 24, 2020, 11:51:41 am by Not Now Kato »
  It is easier with a net mate. You catch more,and can chuck the sprats back.

Really? But you actually said....

I think it's time you stopped digging selby, I really do.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #499 on June 24, 2020, 03:14:06 pm by selby »
  Kato I know which end of the rod to hold. It is the one  that doesn't have a bell on the end.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #500 on June 24, 2020, 03:30:55 pm by selby »
 Not good news that the US are mulling over  tariffs on $3.1 billion of EU  exports.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #501 on June 24, 2020, 04:44:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not good news that the US are mulling over  tariffs on $3.1 billion of EU  exports.

Not unexpected. Trump's just been made to look even more of a prick than he already is by a load of 13 year old K-Pop fans. He's got to lash out at someone.

It's alright. He'll be gone before the next spring comes around.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #502 on June 24, 2020, 05:03:24 pm by selby »
  Could be he will Billy, I am not bothered either way about Donald Trump and the president before him was no better, different but no better.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #503 on June 24, 2020, 05:42:00 pm by wilts rover »
With regard to the £350mill claims surfacing again this is a good time to remind people that Brexit (since 2016 up to the end of this year) - is calculated to have cost the UK taxpayer nearly as much as the entire total of all our budget contributions in our 47 membership of the EU.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1235498/brexit-costs-so-far-how-much-has-brexit-cost-eu-membership-divorce-bill

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-10/-170-billion-and-counting-the-cost-of-brexit-for-the-u-k

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1275442494939860997

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #504 on June 24, 2020, 05:43:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Different in that he didn't lie every time he opened his mouth, didn't break the law and didn't have several of his closest aides cover for him by taking the fall and doing time?

Yeah, I never thought about it like that! They WERE a bit different weren't they?

The thing is Selby, I know you get excited about rocks chucked at the EU. What I'm saying is, you need to get it in context. It's nothing more or less than a Trump Tantrum.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #505 on June 24, 2020, 05:51:02 pm by selby »
  Billy, you only think you know what I think, really you have no idea.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #506 on June 24, 2020, 06:05:27 pm by i_ateallthepies »
  Kato I know which end of the rod to hold. It is the one  that doesn't have a bell on the end.

Doesn't matter which end you pick up, Selby.  The end you're holding is the one with the Bell on the End.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #507 on June 24, 2020, 08:01:31 pm by selby »
  Too late pies.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #508 on June 24, 2020, 10:55:40 pm by SydneyRover »
With regard to the £350mill claims surfacing again this is a good time to remind people that Brexit (since 2016 up to the end of this year) - is calculated to have cost the UK taxpayer nearly as much as the entire total of all our budget contributions in our 47 membership of the EU.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1235498/brexit-costs-so-far-how-much-has-brexit-cost-eu-membership-divorce-bill

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-10/-170-billion-and-counting-the-cost-of-brexit-for-the-u-k

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1275442494939860997

As bst suggested Wilts is hard to walk with your pants around your ankles

TinyPortal © 2005-2012