Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:02:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Standing at the game  (Read 12656 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re:Standing at the game
« Reply #30 on February 14, 2010, 06:44:13 pm by Boomstick »
I'm definately for standing, at least at the away games anyway. It makes the atmosphere so so much better and enjoyable, which for me is partly why i enjoy football.
You pay your money so you have the right to stand if you want to, and not be dictated to by some winger behind. If they cant stand for the 90, or want to be miserable moaners then the bottom 2 rows are available.
Im not going to be made to feel obliged to sit, especially if it spoils my enjoyement of football, likewise if someone wants to sit then they can use the bottom 2 rows.
There, everyones happy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 14, 2010, 06:55:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
oslorovers wrote:
yorkshire pudding i bet my last dollar that the moaners that you on about that moan when you stand up for a few monments when a goal is scored etc etc

are the exact people that are streaming out of KMS in their hoards when rovers are 2nil down with 10 mins to go....

You're probably right, it's just very frustrating.  I've no issue with sitting at a match, but it's damn annoying when people expect you to sit all game, some of us get excited and like to back the team a little.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 14, 2010, 07:14:54 pm by POD »
At games where there is a choice of seating then perhaps there is an argument for standing up.  At games like Newcastle away, where you have a reserved seat then everyone should respect those around them and stay seated.  That is apart from at times of high excitement eg a goal or a close chance where everyone who can get to their feet actually do so without even thinking about it.

I sit in the West Stand and everyone has an informal arrangement along the above lines.  It works well and everyone enjoys the match in reasonable harmony.  The only time there is a problem is when people choose to leave before the end of the match and do so whilst the ball is in play rather than waiting for a goal kick, substitution or some other break in play.

It's just a matter of good manners and having a bit of respect for other peoples wishes.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 14, 2010, 07:26:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
Boomstick wrote:
I'm definately for standing, at least at the away games anyway. It makes the atmosphere so so much better and enjoyable, which for me is partly why i enjoy football.
You pay your money so you have the right to stand if you want to, and not be dictated to by some winger behind. If they cant stand for the 90, or want to be miserable moaners then the bottom 2 rows are available.
Im not going to be made to feel obliged to sit, especially if it spoils my enjoyement of football, likewise if someone wants to sit then they can use the bottom 2 rows.
There, everyones happy.

How ignorant. Just re-read what you have wrote! \"Someone who can't stand for the 90 should move to the bottom 2 rows so you can stand?\" WTF? How about, if you want to stand, you move to the bottom two rows and jump around all you want?

So bloody ignorant...  :angry:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 14, 2010, 08:04:34 pm by Boomstick »
bobjimwilly wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
There, everyones happy.

How ignorant. Just re-read what you have wrote! \"Someone who can't stand for the 90 should move to the bottom 2 rows so you can stand?\" WTF? How about, if you want to stand, you move to the bottom two rows and jump around all you want?

So bloody ignorant...  :angry:

You're the one being ignorant, by forcing people to sit when they dont want to/cant. At least i'm offering a solution that can work for everyone.  
This unwritten policy of 'im sat down so you should be too' is completely wrong and ignorant. If you want to sit, then go to the front. Otherwise stop moaning when people are standing.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 14, 2010, 08:10:46 pm by thornerover94 »
Metalmicky wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:

i just go to enjoy watching my team play if i want to stand then i will stand if you want to sit you can sit i just cant get into a game if im sat, it doesnt feel right, i spent all my time at belle vue stood in the pop and that for me was better than being sat down in the keepmoat i like the fact we have a new stadium an all that but just feel that football is now suited for those who want to sit and not the ones albeit a small majority according to you who like to stand and really get into the game

I also go to watch my team playing – however I am not that ignorant and self righteous that I would choose to stand in front of a fellow Rovers supporter.  

I also used to stand at Belle Vue and given the opportunity I would probably do so again - however, there is no standing area in an 'all seater’ stadium.  For you to say that football is now ‘suited’ to those who want to sit is a pretty crass comment also - there is no option pal, unless you choose to be ignoramus and blatently stand in front of others.

that is my point you dont have an option really doesnt matter where you sit unless on the back row anyone who stands will be obstructing someones view so why isnt there an option if you want to stand, after all thay are called stands not sits, there are arguments for both sides of this no right or wrong if your guna stand and block someones view who should move the stander or the sitter

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 14, 2010, 08:21:24 pm by Wellred »
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:

i just go to enjoy watching my team play if i want to stand then i will stand if you want to sit you can sit i just cant get into a game if im sat, it doesnt feel right, i spent all my time at belle vue stood in the pop and that for me was better than being sat down in the keepmoat i like the fact we have a new stadium an all that but just feel that football is now suited for those who want to sit and not the ones albeit a small majority according to you who like to stand and really get into the game

I also go to watch my team playing – however I am not that ignorant and self righteous that I would choose to stand in front of a fellow Rovers supporter.  

I also used to stand at Belle Vue and given the opportunity I would probably do so again - however, there is no standing area in an 'all seater’ stadium.  For you to say that football is now ‘suited’ to those who want to sit is a pretty crass comment also - there is no option pal, unless you choose to be ignoramus and blatently stand in front of others.

that is my point you dont have an option really doesnt matter where you sit unless on the back row anyone who stands will be obstructing someones view so why isnt there an option if you want to stand, after all thay are called stands not sits, there are arguments for both sides of this no right or wrong if your guna stand and block someones view who should move the stander or the sitter

Are you really that thick?
If you stand and block someone's view IT IS YOU who is causing the problem.
In which case it should be YOU WHO MOVES.
Or a more simple solution is the stewards advise you that you are breaking the law and unless you obey the laws you will be ejected.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 14, 2010, 08:42:03 pm by thornerover94 »
Wellred wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:

Or a more simple solution is the stewards advise you that you are breaking the law and unless you obey the laws you will be ejected.

ok ok, last season i went to blunts game away i was about half way down the stand and me n my bro stood the hole game and nobody said a thing no moanin, then next game at keepmoat we had been stood for about 5 mins of 1st half and someone started avin ago and we ended up sitting for the remainder didnt dare stand now i just go to games when i can stand so usually have to hope for tickets on the back row being availible cos otherwise its borin for whats the difference between standing away and standing at home there is no fan rule book on how you should watch a game you should have the option to watch it how you see fit which is why a standing section should be oranised thus keeping everyone happy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 14, 2010, 08:48:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
thornerover94 wrote:
Wellred wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:

ok ok, last season i went to blunts game away i was about half way down the stand and me n my bro stood the hole game and nobody said a thing no moanin, then next game at keepmoat we had been stood for about 5 mins of 1st half and someone started avin ago and we ended up sitting for the remainder didnt dare stand now i just go to games when i can stand so usually have to hope for tickets on the back row being availible cos otherwise its borin for whats the difference between standing away and standing at home there is no fan rule book on how you should watch a game you should have the option to watch it how you see fit which is why a standing section should be oranised thus keeping everyone happy

Or you could get a ticket on the back rows, plenty of people do in all areas of the ground and stand.  If you can't get the very back, look where people stand and stand the row in front of them etc, it's not hard.  At home games I sit 5 from the back but the fella behind can't keep jumping up and down.  Why should I block his view?  I do get up and down quite often, but not repeatedly as that's not fair.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 14, 2010, 08:50:52 pm by Wellred »
thornerover94 wrote:
Wellred wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:
Metalmicky wrote:

\"There is no fan rule book on how you should watch a game\"
Are you serious.
The rules for all seater stadia are set out by authorities. It is a health and safety issue. The fact that at some stadia the rules are not strictly enforced is down to the stewards who obviously feel they cannot make everyone sit down and maybe don't want to cause a situation to develop.
They would be quite within their rights however to pick you out if you are standing and evict you from the ground.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 14, 2010, 09:10:55 pm by thornerover94 »
we could argue all day about this you are right the fact is you shouldnt stand in all seater thereofore how can you create a standing section, you cant because its breaking health and safety rules so in future everyone must remain seated at all time even when we score because jumping up and down will also be breaking the rules aswell cant wait

Mr Croft

« Reply #41 on February 14, 2010, 09:14:01 pm by Mr Croft »
It is too complicated about both issues, but how I see it is Cardiff City moved to there new ground at beginning of this season, but when we went there a few weeks back, the home fans had created a 'Standing/Singing' Section right next to the away fans. All I want to ask is if they can unoffically create such a system that works why can't we? after all we are all more freindly than the welsh surely ;)

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 14, 2010, 09:20:24 pm by thornerover94 »
thats what i reckon all of this should have been sorted in the first half season we were there but everyone went not knowing where to go for singing or just to watch in relevant peace, it all ot mixed up and now its too hard to arrange we couldnt possibly sort anything this season now as it would need the club to join in and help organise it all, the best thing they could do it arrange it next season and when fans are buying tickets just inform them would u like to be in the singing/standing section of the ground

Mr Croft

« Reply #43 on February 14, 2010, 09:23:08 pm by Mr Croft »
But they can't do such things, they cant advertise and promote standing in a seating area, but say 1000 of us turn up in the west stand close to the away fans and all stand from top to bottom they cant complain...

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 14, 2010, 09:30:07 pm by thornerover94 »
true not like they are going to throw us all out

scarbrook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 14, 2010, 09:32:17 pm by scarbrook »
Mr Croft wrote:
But they can't do such things, they cant advertise and promote standing in a seating area, but say 1000 of us turn up in the west stand close to the away fans and all stand from top to bottom they cant complain...[/quote
It has begun young man,the standing/singing section is growing in west stand b!The day i sit down at footy is the day me legs pack in,Newcastle away i was in their end and forty odd thousand stood for ninety mins was awsome(waiting for thin white duke to say f**k off to newcastle we dont need fans like you !yawn)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 14, 2010, 09:42:46 pm by MrFrost »
Other clubs who come to the Keepmoat stand for the full 90 minutes. Examples Forest, Wednesday, Barnsley.

Why can't our fans do the same? Because we have too many moaning f*ckwits who just want to sit watch the game and not utter a word through the whole 90 mins, hence the total lack of atmosphere from our ends. Has anyone noticed our away support is nowhere near what it was at League 2? Is there any wonder? Alot of the enjoyment has been taken away by being forced to remain seated and keep your mouth shut.

Everyone stand on Tuesday!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 14, 2010, 09:50:42 pm by bpoolrover »
thornerover94 wrote:
i have tried standing several times in keepmoat and always get someone behind me moaning and end up arguing, ive had it a couple of times in away games aswell, the way i see it i paid for my seat if i dont want to sit in it thats up to me now i always try and get near the back of stands on away games even if im not supposed to be there just so i can stand, i do believe there was a vote went round at belle vue for non standing section which never came into effect when we moved to keepmoat, anyone know why this was??
yes you paid for a seat not a standing space,i prefer 2 stand aswell but would never ruin someone elses enjoyment just 2 stand up,i hope your the same?

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 14, 2010, 09:52:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If more people did stand at away games though it would spread no doubt there.  It was pretty spot on at the end against Derby and anyone remember Southend away, our support that night was awesome with all of us stood.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 14, 2010, 09:52:16 pm by MrFrost »
How have the clubs I have mentioned above adopted the approach of none of them being seated at away games then? Because their fans don't moan about wanting to be sat down and want to create an atmosphere. Wish the same could be said about our lot.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 14, 2010, 10:00:21 pm by thornerover94 »
so true lets have all those who are able to stand at the game on tuesday, it will be the best away day alot have had for a long time, from back row down of course so we dont upset anybody
its not like you have to sit where it says on your ticket just move around bit

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 14, 2010, 10:56:40 pm by stockyboy »
What would help (in future and IMO) was if the ticket office staff got information as too which tickets was for the top of stadium and which was for bottom. If we want to stand and sing at away games we can go in and ask for tickets at the back if people want to sit they can ask for tickets at the bottom. I'd love for us all to be stood but I can't see it happening.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 15, 2010, 12:48:37 am by thornerover94 »
yes that would make it alot easier for fans to decide which we best for them, save alot of arguing aswell, hope we can work it out 2mrw and make sure all have a good night watchin football whether standing or sitting

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 15, 2010, 06:44:21 pm by bobjimwilly »
thornerover94 wrote:
so true lets have all those who are able to stand at the game on tuesday, it will be the best away day alot have had for a long time, from back row down of course so we dont upset anybody

this is getting ridiculous. You do have to sit where your ticket is, thats why they give you a seat number. If all those who want to stand can move to empty seats then fair enough, but if people try to stand for 90 mins where me and my old man are sitting tommorrow night, Ill be telling them to sit down, as he has a dodgy ankle and it's painful for him to stand for prolonged periods. Does that sound out of order?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 15, 2010, 06:49:46 pm by MrFrost »
bobjimwilly wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:

this is getting ridiculous. You do have to sit where your ticket is, thats why they give you a seat number. If all those who want to stand can move to empty seats then fair enough, but if people try to stand for 90 mins where me and my old man are sitting tommorrow night, Ill be telling them to sit down, as he has a dodgy ankle and it's painful for him to stand for prolonged periods. Does that sound out of order?

No it doesn't, but as I have asked before, how do supporters of teams that stand for the full ninety minutes go on if they have problems standing? Do they not go to away games?

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 15, 2010, 06:51:19 pm by thornerover94 »
bobjimwilly wrote:
thornerover94 wrote:

that doesnt sound out of order at all but if you are sat on the back and you see an empty seat further down are you goin to move or moan at the person in front of you it makes sense everyone be where it says on the ticket but if for those who cant stand up or are unwilling wouldnt it make sense only if near the back of course to move to an empty seat further down, as someone pointed out in ththread earlier it would make sense for the club find to find out which seats are which from front to back to make it easier for people to purchase where they want to be and no have the inconvience of there view being blocked for majority of the game

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 15, 2010, 07:20:31 pm by bobjimwilly »
if there are empty seats a few rows down in front of the standing fans then fair enough, but if it's not possible for us to move, it leaves us no option.

I for one agree there should be standing sections as I love the atmospheres that are generated from those supporters, but I also think the same supporters should be considerate to fans who don't/can't stand for a full-game, that's all  B)

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 15, 2010, 11:09:13 pm by thornerover94 »
bobjimwilly wrote:
if there are empty seats a few rows down in front of the standing fans then fair enough, but if it's not possible for us to move, it leaves us no option.

I for one agree there should be standing sections as I love the atmospheres that are generated from those supporters, but I also think the same supporters should be considerate to fans who don't/can't stand for a full-game, that's all  B)

yeah theres no problem with that its not like everyone is going to be stood up cos obviously some people arent able if im obstructing someones view and im asked nicely just to sit no probs or if there are seats where i could stand i would move no problem at the keepmoat the majority of the stand is sat down bar the few who are at the back near the drummer thats what akes a standing/singing section somewhere in the ground a must so all supporters are happy at the end of the day thats what everyone wants we dont be battling with our own fans do we, we are all there to support the same team whether it be stood or sat

arsenal of the north as if

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 15, 2010, 11:19:53 pm by arsenal of the north as if »
as long as that drummer does not come no were near the WSBBA then all will be good.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 15, 2010, 11:27:42 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
arsenal of the north as if wrote:
as long as that drummer does not come no were near the WSBBA then all will be good.

Good call; leave the drum sticks at home! We all stand on the back two rows, I have no idea how people can sit at a football match.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012