Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:10:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny Airport  (Read 4136 times)

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
Donny Airport
« on August 24, 2018, 09:46:31 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45286347

Voted best airport by Which. Based on customer experience.

Great for the town!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: Donny Airport
« Reply #1 on August 24, 2018, 10:08:13 am by DaveDRFC »
Some more new routes opening later in the year too, looking forward to the Budapest flights, awesome city and looking on Wizzair it is cheap with decent flight times too.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 24, 2018, 10:37:08 am by roversdude »
Luton got a proper kicking lol

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2018, 02:12:39 pm by godlike1 »
It'll be interesting if they can maintain this as they start to expand the terminal and visitor numbers like they want to. I hope they do

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2018, 02:51:55 pm by hoolahoop »
Great news , I just wished it was there and not Manc I was flying home to tonight.
Hope they keep it up as well and people price up the cost of flying from upper Manchuria instead of Donny as they do - I hear it all the time complaining about the price of travelling from Donny without considering the cost of fuel,  miles on the car, parking and the inconvenienced of it ( 4-5 hr. round - trip ).

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 24, 2018, 03:03:31 pm by DaveDRFC »
I always fly from Donny if possible, especially with kids the convenience of only being 5 miles from home far outweighs the extra cost. Although to be honest a lot of the time it is just as cheap as East Midlands, Leeds etc anyway and I get the piece of mind of my car being on my drive all week rather than an airport car park. Also can't beat walking through your front door 30 minutes after landing!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 24, 2018, 04:18:34 pm by drfchound »
......and Sheffield still get some credit for it despite contributing not much at all.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 24, 2018, 11:58:10 pm by RedJ »
Thieving deedar bas**rds, eh?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2018, 12:14:29 am by Filo »
They really need to get more airlines in to progress, they can't rely on TUI and WIZZ forever

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2018, 07:03:26 am by Draytonian III »
Flybe are flying to Belfast again

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2018, 06:04:56 pm by auckleyflyer »
It does seam to have been a busy 18m since I left the place. Think peel knew exactly when to press go, although I know they had planned all this in the first five years. Glad for the place and the people still there.
As a side note its nothing to do with me leaving, as the airport im currently at has been the fastest growing for two years in succession!! Before I get called a Jona!;)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2018, 09:43:55 pm by Jenny »
Luton got a proper kicking lol

Not surprised it’s god damn awful! Only flown from there once and never want to again.

I like flying from Donny, it’s great when youre sat on the tarmac at Amsterdam and then less than 75 minutes later you are in your living room! I would defo pay more now for the convienience of it than flying from a cheaper airport.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 27, 2018, 10:18:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'll be flying to Amsterdam from Donny next month. Cheap, convenient, good timings. Couldn't be better.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 27, 2018, 10:40:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Good old Brexit!  ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 27, 2018, 11:20:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've no idea what you're talking about BB but knock yourself out.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 27, 2018, 11:36:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What I'm on about Billy is that if Donny airport was struggling you'd without a shadow of a doubt blame it on Brexit! That's all pal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 27, 2018, 11:47:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Would I? And how do you draw that conclusion?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 27, 2018, 11:51:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just on your general searchings of demise because of Brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 28, 2018, 12:07:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You'd do well to read what I actually write then BB, instead of deciding what you think I believe and judging everything on that.

But, since you insist on deciding your stance before you look at evidence, I'll make it easy for you.

There's no necessary correlation whatsoever between Brexit and an individual company's performance. Some MIGHT do better. Some MIGHT do worse. My own company, ridiculously, has briefly done slightly better because we're exporting to Germany and Italy and the collapse in the Pound vs the Euro means we are getting more Pounds than we expected. Briefly. But that will stop very quickly next year because it'll be far harder for us to export. So we'll have to spend a lot more money on admin to sort that out. Which means we'll probably be laying off one of our technical staff because we'll not be able to keep them on.

On the other hand, there's LOTS of correlation between Brexit and the whole economy's performance. And the correlation is very, very bad.

I've no idea what Donny Airport's business model is. So I wouldn't comment on it. Because that would be arrogantly stupid. But not as arrogantly stupid as commenting on what I would think about Donny Airport's business model.

But you go on. Fill your boots. Ignore the real issues and keep on trying to win argument points.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 29, 2018, 12:43:50 am by hoolahoop »
I'll be flying to Amsterdam from Donny next month. Cheap, convenient, good timings. Couldn't be better.

Yep did the same trip but from Stansted ( I was in London for the weekend ) but flew back to Donny  - it really is a no- brainer .

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 29, 2018, 09:22:05 am by DaveDRFC »
I'm going to Amsterdam next weekend from Humberside as the flight times are slightly better than Donny and I've only got a limited window to go due to having no holidays left at work. Was pleasantly surprised at the cost given it is with KLM rather that a 'no-frills' airline, it is actually cheaper than going with Jet 2 from Leeds and I even get an in-flight meal.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2018, 11:08:49 am by Filo »
I'm going to Amsterdam next weekend from Humberside as the flight times are slightly better than Donny and I've only got a limited window to go due to having no holidays left at work. Was pleasantly surprised at the cost given it is with KLM rather that a 'no-frills' airline, it is actually cheaper than going with Jet 2 from Leeds and I even get an in-flight meal.

I wouldn't be jumping for joy over an in flight meal, cardboard shite in my opinion

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 29, 2018, 11:16:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'd be surprised if you got a "meal" on a flight as short as Humberside-Amsterdam. Maybe a coffee and a micro bag of pretzels.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 29, 2018, 11:27:16 am by RedJ »
Microwave chips and waffles coming your way Dave.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 29, 2018, 01:49:01 pm by DaveDRFC »
I wasn't using the meal as a reason to book, just that I was surprised one was included on a short journey and when it cost less than a budget airline flight. Not really fussed what it is!

Speaking of food on short flights, one of the best in flight meals I had was on a shuttle between Manchester and Heathrow before I went to Australia. A lovely, lovely chicken wrap, with lovely, lumpy chicken (one for Athletico Mince fans there).

I also don't mind Luton, their Easyjet flights tend to be dirt cheap so did a lot of city breaks from there in my pre-children days. Now I'm all about convenience so Donny wherever possible.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 30, 2018, 01:09:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Once took a flight from Vienna to Budapest with Air Austria. We were in the air for about 30 mins.

After take off, the cabin crew pretty much sprinted down the aisle chucking cartons of orange juice at us, then came back down the aisle grabbing the empties before announcing that we were starting our descent.

I'm also prepared to accept Luton as a reasonable place to fly from. I've been to far worse in this country and in Europe.

bahrain rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 30, 2018, 04:55:20 am by bahrain rover »
Best inflight meal I have had was on Etihad from Abu Dhabi to Jeddah. It was possibly the best lamb Biryani I have tasted. On a second note I have to say Jeddah airport makes Mos Eisley look like Heathrow T5 1st Class lounge. 

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 30, 2018, 06:39:39 pm by Iberian Red »
Good old Brexit!  ;)

WTF are you talking about. You've gone from being streaky bacon into a thick wedge of gammon.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 30, 2018, 08:53:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
At least I've been cured. There's no remedy for you.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 31, 2018, 04:05:34 pm by graingrover »
Post Brexit plus a couple of years the Polish population around Doncaster  will have decreased and that is going to reduce the many Polish destinations currently serviced from Donny .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

TinyPortal © 2005-2012